ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S TRUE: Donovan was in Bloomington today

They were right about Crean unlike this board

They held firm on a 50/50 choice, I'll give them that. But I do think there's a bit of gamesmanship going on there, with the mods continually hinting at the outcome that people want in order to garner excitement, and yes clicks. They were the original and most vocal source of the Donovan speculation. If that actually happens, well kudos to 24/7. If not, then it'll confirm what I already suspect. They're trolling people for clicks at a time when their future is uncertain.

Reactions: Fredrica James
Somone reported on 247 that there is plane going from Bloomington to Charlottsville tomorrow but who knows what that really pertains to.
There is a flight to Chartlottsville this morning, but it goes from there to White Plains, New York.

In about half an hour from now, there is a plane from BMG to Dayton, on the ground 10 minutes and back to BMG.

Reactions: HOOS13R
Are you saying you think Bryce Drew is leaving Vanderbilt after one year to come to IU? That's not believable.
Not predicting anything, but noticing those facts that might lead to answers.

That would be fine, though. Better than fine. Winner, Coach of the year everywhere he's been, young enough to be around a long time. See how many of Glass' boxes he checks.

Very far from the truth. Maybe you just like the atmosphere where everyone argues. Most of the posters over there are very knowledgeable about the game and have been right on most things

Weren't they having a circle jerk that Donovan was at IU when there were a gazillion people saying he was in OKC?

And their only "proof" was a bunch of badly photo-shopped pictures.

There is a flight to Chartlottsville this morning, but it goes from there to White Plains, New York.

In about half an hour from now, there is a plane from BMG to Dayton, on the ground 10 minutes and back to BMG.
Update - this flight is now doubtful as a hiring clue as the owner of the aircraft lives in Blmngton, but his daughter goes to UD - good reason for the flight. Doesn't mean its down to zero, just diminished.

Reactions: 6th&Dunn
It is more reliable than the other boards and I spend a lot more time there because you can actually have real discussion. They were right about Crean getting fire when the other boards was saying he was definitely coming back. I use to come here more but the last 3 weeks I have not been posting on here very much.
I went there and read the board but I don't see anything more informative there than here. I don't need another user id and password for the same information. At least I can get a good laugh on this board.

Last week you said for months IU was going to make the firing decision, yet Glass said he made the decision the night before he pulled the trigger. One of you is lying. Either you or Glass. Which is it?
The whole soft landing and crean was told weeks ago was simply not true sounds like crean thought he was staying right until the end. I dont think crean ever interviewed for the missouri job at all.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Yeah, okay.

Weren't they having a circle jerk that Donovan was at IU when there were a gazillion people saying he was in OKC?

And their only "proof" was a bunch of badly photo-shopped pictures.
Nobody said that they had proof and I really don't think he was there but there was also no proof that he was not here either.

Nobody said that they had proof and I really don't think he was there but there was also no proof that he was not here either.

They were jacking everyone around. The whole Donovan in Bloomington was ridiculous. None of them even mentioned Archie at any point. I'm sure they'll somehow spin it claiming they were right all along...until they weren't...but they were trolling for hits by telling people what they wanted to hear.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
They were jacking everyone around. The whole Donovan in Bloomington was ridiculous. None of them even mentioned Archie at any point. I'm sure they'll somehow spin it claiming they were right all along...until they weren't...but they were trolling for hits by telling people what they wanted to hear.
There was never a chance with Donovan. The 247 stuff was click bait.

Justin Albers a journalist was the one that started it.

Justin Albers a journalist was the one that started it.

Did he start it, or did he parrot it? I saw it on this board before Albers tweeted it. But let's be serious...there was never a shred of evidence Donovan was here. None. Yet it somehow became accepted truth unless someone could prove he wasn't.

The 24/7 guys have been exposed on this.

Reactions: Fredrica James
Dude, you are lying your ass off! He was NEVER here, He NEVER had any interest, find new sources or quit posting
It doesn't really matter to me what you think. I said last night that a decision was coming today and it was likely Archie. I don't know what else you want. It's a solid hire in my opinion.

Reactions: HOOS13R
Did he start it, or did he parrot it? I saw it on this board before Albers tweeted it. But let's be serious...there was never a shred of evidence Donovan was here. None. Yet it somehow became accepted truth unless someone could prove he wasn't.

The 24/7 guys have been exposed on this.
Pl
Very far from the truth. Maybe you just like the atmosphere where everyone argues. Most of the posters over there are very knowledgeable about the game and have been right on most things
We tried to tell you, Scott.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

You're a total loser. Thanks for all the crap insight.

Reactions: JonesIndiana
Just stop it..gezzz you know nothing just like everyone else here
Believe what you want. Everything I've posted has been fact. Crean being fired, Alford, decision today, Archie, etc. I haven't posted anything that hasn't been true. Most of it came from 2 guys on the BoT

Reactions: Richard Cory
It must have been awkward when BD and Archie ran into each other at Cook Hall.

Reactions: comfortliving
Believe what you want. Everything I've posted has been fact. Crean being fired, Alford, decision today, Archie, etc. I haven't posted anything that hasn't been true. Most of it came from 2 guys on the BoT
What about 100% Donovan was here yesterday?

What about 100% Donovan was here yesterday?
I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

By the way, do you really expect Donovan to say "Yes I was interested in the job but they wouldn't meet my demands so I decided against it"? Of course he's going to deny interest if he didn't accept the job.

I think you had everything right but the Donovan stuff. I don't think he was ever interested in IU and I certainly don't think he was in Bloomington.

Pretty good batting percentage.......

Reactions: bang63
fpeaugh did pretty well throughout, and as for the Donovan stuff these things are really fluid and what people say after the come out from behind close doors is meaningless. Donovan could have squashed this from the get go if he really had no interest.

Reactions: Richard Cory
I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

By the way, do you really expect Donovan to say "Yes I was interested in the job but they wouldn't meet my demands so I decided against it"? Of course he's going to deny interest if he didn't accept the job.
It looks like you had some good info but you're going to have stop the spin and deflection and admit you were wrong about BD being in Bloomington yesterday.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT