ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S TRUE: Donovan was in Bloomington today

I told Fpeaugh when Crean was fired that several meetings had already taken place between IU and Donovan. He didn't believe me.
You're right, I didn't believe you. I have no problem admitting when I don't know. And at that time I didn't know and didn't believe it with regards to Donovan.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!
Thanks for the info fpeaugh. I'm sure the clowns will be dogging u soon with their normal bs. Almost like some don't want us to succeed bc then what will they bitch about

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!
Wow. Can you cash a check at any bar in the state? Bet it won't be long.

Check that. Just read the posts..started early and rather harsh ha. Farva gets so butt hurt over u lol

It would be a smart move on Donovan's part even if he wasn't interested. Hope he is but it also could be playing for a raise at OKC.

OKC is an hour behind. He could leave Bloomington at 9am and be at OKC at 9am.

* In no way am i saying Donovan was in Bloomington today.
Mapquest says it's 723 driving miles from OKC to Bloomimgton, and Wikipedia says the cruising speed on a Cessna Citation is 450-500 mph ( depending on the specific model).

It's plausible he could have flown there and back in one day. I remain skeptical until someone actually says "I saw him."

Realtors talk to each other about this stuff if he has been househunting. Anyone know any Bloomington realtors?

Mapquest says it's 723 driving miles from OKC to Bloomimgton, and Wikipedia says the cruising speed on a Cessna Citation is 450-500 mph ( depending on the specific model).

It's plausible he could have flown there and back in one day. I remain skeptical until someone actually says "I saw him."

Realtors talk to each other about this stuff if he has been househunting. Anyone know any Bloomington realtors?

Rumor is he flew in last night.

* in no way I'm i saying Donovan was in Bloomington

Even if the Donovan hire doesn't end up happening for some reason, I'm encouraged that they went after someone of his caliber that hard.
Pshaw... Glass fired Crean only because the BoT and McRobbie made him. And he's not capable of making a home run hire. He'll bungle the whole process. Everyone knows this.

Reactions: BayernFan
How many had pictures of Knight when he was here going through Cook and AH? It happened, I didn't see any pictures.

Not sure that plane could go 700 mph.

It wasn't the same plane he arrived in. It was this one:

airplane-going-supersonic-6.jpg

Pshaw... Glass fired Crean only because the BoT and McRobbie made him. And he's not capable of making a home run hire. He'll bungle the whole process. Everyone knows this.

p.s. you're an over-reactionary loser. Let the real alumns worry about the future of IU.

I just heard from a good friend who's very close to the program that the decision will be announced tomorrow. I'm not saying it's 100% but he's adamant about it. Just passing along what I heard...from a name most of you would recognize.
Who will it be? No way it's Donovan

I just heard from a good friend who's very close to the program that the decision will be announced tomorrow. I'm not saying it's 100% but he's adamant about it. Just passing along what I heard...from a name most of you would recognize.

That eliminates Alford and Mack.

And if it's not?

Of course it will be tomorrow. I'll be out all day that likely will have crap cell service.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVegasHoosier

Who was on the charter apparently based in Ft. Worth that, in the last 10 days has been Ft. Worth, Salt Lake City, back and forth, Nashville, and today 8am Ft. Worth to Bloomington and return at 4pm. It was here from about 9:30 until a couple minutes before 4pm when it returned to Ft. Worth. And WHO was in Salt Lake and who was in Nashville?

Hint. Who was in both Salt Lake and Nashville on the days those flights went there?

Last edited:

If he was it didn't go well....

The guy who told me this claims to not know. He won't confirm or deny Donovan. I truly believe he doesn't know. But he's adamant that the decision is coming tomorrow.
If it's tommrow for sure then it's one of Marshall, miller, bennet, Collins or Donovan. I say it's bennett

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Fpeaugh-- how happy would you be with this hire.. Rate in on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the highest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT