ADVERTISEMENT

It will be strange watching tournament games without crowds.

Apparently, that's going to happen with the First Four in Dayton. I expect more of this.
Yup. See this:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ns-following-san-francisco-order?platform=amp

What surprises me is that the US has about 330 million pop. and has had a little over 1,000 coronavirus cases and 31 coronavirus deaths (which is right at 3 %).

However, Italy (with about 62 million pop.) has had 12,462 corona cases and 827 deaths (which is a whopping 6.6 %).

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.theg...lls-to-close-everything-to-tackle-coronavirus

i don't immediately see any reason for Italy (18% of the US population) to have 12 times the number of corona cases as the US and then, to top it off, have a corona death rate twice as high as the US.

What is it about Italy that might explain this?

Yup. See this:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ns-following-san-francisco-order?platform=amp

What surprises me is that the US has about 330 million pop. and has had a little over 1,000 coronavirus cases and 31 coronavirus deaths (which is right at 3 %).

However, Italy (with about 62 million pop.) has had 12,462 corona cases and 827 deaths (which is a whopping 6.6 %).

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.theg...lls-to-close-everything-to-tackle-coronavirus

i don't immediately see any reason for Italy (18% of the US population) to have 12 times the number of corona cases as the US and then, to top it off, have a corona death rate twice as high as the US.

Lots of old people.

Lots of old people.
Now, hang on LOL.

i seriously doubt that Italy's general population is older than the average age of the leading American Presidential candidates in the last two elections.

You might be on to something but why don't you see if you can link something that explains your hypothesis.

Yup. See this:

Italy has the most aged population in Europe, thus a much higher percentage of its population among the most vulnerable. I don't know about what medical services they employed in the face of this "threat".

Yup. See this:

They got hit earlier and are further along.

Yup. See this:

Heh...well think about it. First, it is what some reported. Second, in the USA there is a lid on the numbers by the administration. Third, in the USA the numbers may be skewed by selective testing.

So, it is believed that at least in the USA that there are numerous additional cases that have been undetected. For example, just a few days ago, the USA had tested a total of 7000. And South Korea had tested magnitudes above that.

And just think about it. If test kits are limited or if health care professionals are stretched thin, then results and reporting data may suffer. I think that some countries may be testing deceased people and finding a lot more had coronavirus. But that is speculation.

Saw some numbers projected today. If the virus in the USA goes as expected, then maybe 20% of the population of 327 million may catch it. Of those a number significantly under 1% would perish. But, not only is that tragic, but it may be twice what a recent pandemic of flu was in the USA.

Another point is that to slow the passing around of the virus is vital. That assumes that 20% will still catch it. But if the health care system is not overwhelmed then it can address the serious cases better if not slammed. ie. Spread it through time not all at once.

Yep.... let's see where we are in a month. Don't think the numbers will be pretty.

We're fk'd .... this country is not ready for this, basically doing exactly what Italy did, nothing until it was too late and the leadership currently is the most inept in our history. The next few months will be a complete shit show .

Last edited:
The kind of people overly paranoid about a yearly flu virus are the same ones today, or are children of the same one's and remember their parents being afraid when twelve bells announced 2000, the world's society, as we once knew of it, would come to a screeching, defenseless halt with computers not being programmed for the extra digit. People were selling out stores of toilet paper, bottled water, candles, generators...all that crap. It was insane, as it is today. The politically influenced media feeds off of the hysteria of the gullible...the controllable masses of the more ignorant among us.

Reactions: jacsmi
The kind of people overly paranoid about a yearly flu virus are the same ones today, or are children of the same one's and remember their parents being afraid when twelve bells announced 2000, the world's society, as we once knew of it, would come to a screeching, defenseless halt with computers not being programmed for the extra digit. People were selling out stores of toilet paper, bottled water, candles, generators...all that crap. It was insane, as it is today. The politically influenced media feeds off of the hysteria of the gullible...the controllable masses of the more ignorant among us.
Signed,

Italy......

Rome, Italy is the religious capital of Western civilization. There are a lot of Roman Catholics there, just like in Hollywood (*hint*hint*hint).

These UN organizations are headquartered in Rome: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund for agricultural Development (IFAD), and World Food Program.

Rome, Italy is the religious capital of Western civilization. There are a lot of Roman Catholics there, just like in Hollywood (*hint*hint*hint).

These UN organizations are headquartered in Rome: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund for agricultural Development (IFAD), and World Food Program.
God as my witness I can't quite follow what tin foil hat conspiracy theory you are espousing.

Yup. See this:

A lot of reasons could answer the difference. Did they start quarantines early enough for people coming back into the country from affected countries? Early testing will help, but won't catch every person.

My son is waiting to see if he will be working the D2 Elite 8 here in Evansville. He was told family of players will still be allowed to attend.

Part of me thinks it is a good idea to have no fans. To my knowledge, we don't have the virus in Eville yet. Having the tournament adds to the risk someone will bring it here.

A lot of reasons could answer the difference. Did they start quarantines early enough for people coming back into the country from affected countries? Early testing will help, but won't catch every person.

My son is waiting to see if he will be working the D2 Elite 8 here in Evansville. He was told family of players will still be allowed to attend.

Part of me thinks it is a good idea to have no fans. To my knowledge, we don't have the virus in Eville yet. Having the tournament adds to the risk someone will bring it here.
The major goal is to not overwhelm the hospitals.

If that happens we're fk'd ..

The major goal is to not overwhelm the hospitals.

If that happens we're fk'd ..
My wife works with health facilities as a medical record consultant. She hasn't been told to avoid facilities yet, but I can see it coming. State inspectors have cut back on nursing home inspections and nursing homes are starting to limit visitors.

She has been getting a lot of documentation this on steps and measures being taken

My daughter and son in law leave next week for Puerto Rico. We might not see them for a few weeks if there is an outbreak or someone on their plane gets sick. I wouldn't go anywhere by plane, train, bus or ship if I didn't have to.

God as my witness I can't quite follow what tin foil hat conspiracy theory you are espousing.
All world governments are run by Freemasons. Freemasons also control religion. Hollywood is run by Freemasons. You're not going to make it in Hollywood unless you're a Freemason or related to one. Most celebrities claim to be Catholic or Roman Catholic (this is a mask they wear), rarely will you find one that claims to be Christian.

The coronavirus does not exist. It is an engineered crisis designed to justify economic collapse and the shutting down of the food supply (depopulation). That is the reason I mentioned the UN food organizations being headquartered in Italy.

All world governments are run by Freemasons. Freemasons also control religion. Hollywood is run by Freemasons. You're not going to make it in Hollywood unless you're a Freemason or related to one. Most celebrities claim to be Catholic or Roman Catholic (this is a mask they wear), rarely will you find one that claims to be Christian.

The coronavirus does not exist. It is an engineered crisis designed to justify economic collapse and the shutting down of the food supply (depopulation). That is the reason I mentioned the UN food organizations being headquartered in Italy.
Nice.

So, I assume you're not a Notre Dame fan?

Wow you are a major wacko!

Reactions: speroni
We're fk'd .... this country is not ready for this, basically doing exactly what Italy did, nothing until it was too late and the leadership currently is the most inept in our history. The next few months will be a complete shit show .
This confirms everything I assumed about you. I was dead on. Just wow.

Yup. See this:

You are so naive! Catholics, Roman Catholics are Christians!

Please tell me you're a pu fan...:confused::rolleyes:

I would rather watch I love Lucy reruns before a basketball game where you can hear the ball echoing off the floor. I would not be surprised if the entire tournament is canceled. If so at least it might call attention to real issues that matter and the freaking idiots that have they put us in this situation

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.

Holy crap!

I would rather watch I love Lucy reruns for the basketball game where you can hear the ball echoing off the floor. I would not be surprised if the entire tournament is canceled. If so at least it might call attention to real issues that matter and the freaking idiots that have they put us in this situation
Turn the volume of the TV down.

Yup. See this:

----

The reason is that Italy DID NOT stop accepting tourists and flights from China.

We did stop -- very early, and Trump was called racist by MSM bobbleheads.

It was a very helpful and important decision by Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT