ADVERTISEMENT

Is our interest in Reneau and Brome any sort of sign...

In the UK win in the 2016 tourney OG as a freshman looked like the best player on the floor. That’s when the NBA noticed and many thought he’d be a future star in the NBA. When he came in as a sophomore he was a preseason all-American, but had injury problems that year.
Do you think if OG had been healthy then Crean would have survived a while longer?

Apparently a disciplinary suspension early, then he was in a boot for at least a game or two that I saw. Never heard much in the way of details, but that's not surprising. He could have been rehabbing an injury for most of the season. Again just speculation.
I hope you are correct. I jury and discipline can be overcome.

I hope you are correct. I jury and discipline can be overcome.
It seems odd to me that Woodson never or rarely makes comments about young guys who weren’t playing. Like with Logan. If he likes his potential, you would expect a positive comment or two with a mention of the need to get bigger and stronger to get on the court. Same with Leal.
Maybe he is saying it to the players, but why not let the media and fans hear it occasionally. That could be encouraging to the player as well.

Reactions: Jssanto
Two things I wonder about Duncomb.
For as few minutes as he played and wonder the thinking in not a redshirt year.
And second, did he get so few minutes for the same reason as Durr and Lander (not enough ability for this level)? Is that a measure that he will not impact significantly next year?
There were not a lot of minutes available for him this year. Woody couldn't take a chance playing him but hopefully his size and skill will earn at least Durr minutes next year and possibly more.

There were not a lot of minutes available for him this year. Woody couldn't take a chance playing him but hopefully his size and skill will earn at least Durr minutes next year and possibly more.
That would be great. Right now I cannot figure out who is staying.

Agreed on this. I think he missed his opportunities early to get some time against the crappy teams on our schedule, with his suspension and then his injury.

Once we got into December…basically every single game we played the rest of the season ended up being close, hard fought, very physical games. And with TJD and Race playing together as much as they did, there wasn’t a lot of opportunity for Logan to play alongside either of them, which would have been his best opportunity. And then Durr and Jordan got basically all those few available minutes.

If you take one of those guys out of the equation, the available minutes obviously go up. Both as the anchor post man behind the starting post. But also alongside the starting post at times.

If we’re able to bring in Reneau and/or Brome…it could be tough for Logan to get meaningful time again though. Especially if Jordan gets big minutes as the stretch 4.

Reactions: hatchetdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT