ADVERTISEMENT

Is it possible we're not "in" yet?

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Texas A&M beat Auburn today...

Virginia Tech is still in it...

Wyoming is still in it...

Oklahoma beat Baylor yesterday, and has Texas Tech and potentially Kansas ahead of them...

SMU could win a few games...

VCU and Dayton both are still in it...

Is Michigan still ahead of us? Notre Dame? Rutgers?

I don't know why I'm so pessimistic, but man, if 2-3 of the teams above either win their conf tourneys, or make it to their finals, and we happen to lose to Iowa...I'm worried we're not as safe as most of us are saying we are.

Yes we are in. Does not matter about these other teams. Once we beat Illinois it solidified our tourney bid. You are fretting for no reason.

Oklahoma beat Baylor yesterday, and has Texas Tech and potentially Kansas ahead of them...

I don't know why I'm so pessimistic, but man, if 2-3 of the teams above either win their conf tourneys, or make it to their finals, and we happen to lose to Iowa...I'm worried we're not as safe as most of us are saying we are.
We are in.

What’s the problem with playing in Dayton. I’m sure there is a reason , I just don’t know what it is .

Yes we are in. Does not matter about these other teams. Once we beat Illinois it solidified our tourney bid. You are fretting for no reason.
I agree mostly, but if there were a bunch of conference championship upsets, with the B10 not being super strong, could make us sweat. I think today sealed it in all likelihood, win tomorrow it's 100%, let's just hope they want to keep rolling and not be too happy with themselves. Iowa definitely has seeding to play for, so it will be on again and they're playing well too.

Reactions: BigMobe and Al Bino
We're still listed as last 4 in by most. Hell, Palm still doesn't have us in it after the win. Thats why I say if we are a 12 seed after today, there's no way we're higher than a 6th seed even if we win the tournament.

I know a couple ESPN writers said we were in after the Michigan comeback...we'll never know now but I was not very comfortable despite them saying that. After today I would say they are most likely in but I still have some lingering anxiety, especially if tourney upsets start to mount as suggested by the initial post.

Sagarin - 29
Kenpom - 40
Net - 41
RPI - 66

20 wins, 4 Quad 1 wins, 3 Top 25 Wins, no bad losses, 11-11 in B1G including Tourney

Arguments against - weak non-conference schedule, 9-11 in B1G Regular Season.

So probably but I my faith and trust in the selection committe is not exactly high.

A win tomorrow (technically today now) would eliminate all doubt and get the Hoosiers to the Tourney Championship for only the second time ever. That would be pretty cool!!

I know a couple ESPN writers said we were in after the Michigan comeback...we'll never know now but I was not very comfortable despite them saying that. After today I would say they are most likely in but I still have some lingering anxiety, especially if tourney upsets start to mount as suggested by the initial post.

Sagarin - 29
Kenpom - 40
Net - 41
RPI - 66

20 wins, 4 Quad 1 wins, 3 Top 25 Wins, no bad losses, 11-11 in B1G including Tourney

Arguments against - weak non-conference schedule, 9-11 in B1G Regular Season.

So probably but I my faith and trust in the selection committe is not exactly high.

A win tomorrow (technically today now) would eliminate all doubt and get the Hoosiers to the Tourney Championship for only the second time ever. That would be pretty cool!!
If IU were not chosen for the Big Dance after today’s win, there would be a serious uproar against that committee and they might consider bulletproof vests. They would get a rain of fire from hell down upon them for pulling something like that. Not a chance it will happen.

Rutgers has been ahead of IU and Michigan the whole time. They beat damn near everybody. The only question was whether 8 or 9 , and whether IU would spring past Michigan after the Illinois win.

4 factors:

1.) Over 0.500 in the Big Ten
2.) 18 wins minimum to give you a good shot.
3.) How many tourney bound teams you beat
4.) Road wins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT