ADVERTISEMENT

Is it legal to carry a shotgun in your car?

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
I'm old enough to remember a time when MANY people had their rifle or shotgun hanging up in the truck window. Those were every where around Louisville/Southern Indiana when i was younger in the 80s. People got away from.that for various reasons.

I'm starting to wonder if we need those days to return. A shotgun is a much better defense weapon than a pistol. Is it legal to carry a shotgun in your vehicle?

Reactions: Lucy01
I'm old enough to remember a time when MANY people had their rifle or shotgun hanging up in the truck window. Those were every where around Louisville/Southern Indiana when i was younger in the 80s. People got away from.that for various reasons.

I'm starting to wonder if we need those days to return. A shotgun is a much better defense weapon than a pistol. Is it legal to carry a shotgun in your vehicle?

The easy rider rifle rack left due to the theft of guns most likely, just a smashed window away.

Curmudgeon beat me to it.

i doubt a gun rack in the back window would last any time at all now days, and you'd have a smashed window instead.

thieves are even breaking into police cars to steal weapons.

You can get the whole set. Gun rack, confederate flag license plate and a girl to sit in the middle of the middle bench seat. The millennial version comes with chrome testicles for the hitch. I picture a Mellencamp music video.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I could be wrong, but in Indiana I think that you can pretty much carry and transport rifles and shotguns anyway you like so long as it has longer than 18 inch barrel. I mean, you can sling a loaded AR-15 across your back and stroll through downtown Muncie if you want and while you'd likely draw some law enforcement attention there's nothing they can do. It's perfectly legal. No permits required. The requisite confederate flag would likely get you in more trouble.

Now, only jackasses do such things, though I do like her...uh, red nails.

gun_620x350.jpg

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
I could be wrong, but in Indiana I think that you can pretty much carry and transport rifles and shotguns anyway you like so long as it has longer than 18 inch barrel. I mean, you can sling a loaded AR-15 across your back and stroll through downtown Muncie if you want and while you'd likely draw some law enforcement attention there's nothing they can do. It's perfectly legal. No permits required. The requisite confederate flag would likely get you in more trouble.

Now, only jackasses do such things, though I do like her...uh, red nails.

gun_620x350.jpg.

Just curious due to your mentioning it, you from Muncie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT