ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone still a supporter of fan of Biden at this point?

Page worked for the Trump campaign. That knowledge was made public in September, when the investigation was revealed. An investigation that could only have been leaked by the FBI.

Did you read that article? Trump is named more in the article than Page is. Trump is literally in the headline.

So the public knew of an investigation into members of the Trump campaign 2 months before the election. An investigation that it turns out was completely baseless, which the FBI knew at the time they leaked it. My entire point was that the FBI attempted to interfere with the 2016 election and I’ve provided the proof in this thread. The information is there if you wanna see it.

No, I was born in 1978 and I’m not a doctor.
I read the whole thing. The IG and a bipartisan Senate committee as well as the Mueller investigation which found crimes and had successful convictions all disagree that the investigation into Russian interference was baseless. You focus on the one assertion by Durham that the Steele Dossier shouldn’t have started it. That’s all.

The fact remains that the FBI investigation was not made public until after the election. If they really wanted to interfere they would have announced the investigation. Everyone knew HRC was investigated by the FBI and relatively few even guessed the FBI was investigating Trump. The net damage was to HRC’s campaign and it may be why she lost the Electoral College. One thing is certain, those were two awful candidates.

Hell, I graduated high school in 1979.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I read the whole thing. The IG and a bipartisan Senate committee as well as the Mueller investigation which found crimes and had successful convictions all disagree that the investigation into Russian interference was baseless. You focus on the one assertion by Durham that the Steele Dossier shouldn’t have started it. That’s all.

The fact remains that the FBI investigation was not made public until after the election. If they really wanted to interfere they would have announced the investigation. Everyone knew HRC was investigated by the FBI and relatively few even guessed the FBI was investigating Trump. The net damage was to HRC’s campaign and it may be why she lost the Electoral College. One thing is certain, those were two awful candidates.

So you’re about 62?

The Mueller report produced zero convictions on the crime it was tasked with investigating.
The fact remains that the FBI investigation was not made public until after the election.
You can keep saying this until your tongue falls out but it’s just not true. I’ve provided incontrovertible evidence of that in this thread.

It’s just bizarre that you keep repeating that.

And you call Trumpsters irrational?

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Indianaftw
Do you honestly think a legitimate FBI source would leak this information to a Trumpster Twitter twit who calls him/herself KanekoaTheGreat rather than to a legitimate news source like The Wall Street Journal and/or other news media?

lol…you old farts need to stop with this nonsense. Twitter is where a majority of people under the age of 50 get information from. Most of the news media is garbage. Now carry on.

The Mueller report produced zero convictions on the crime it was tasked with investigating.

You can keep saying this until your tongue falls out but it’s just not true. I’ve provided incontrovertible evidence of that in this thread.

It’s just bizarre that you keep repeating that.

And you call Trumpsters irrational?
You don't understand what incontrovertible evidence is. That's OK. You're still a youngun. Ha!

Last edited:
lol…you old farts need to stop with this nonsense. Twitter is where a majority of people under the age of 50 get information from. Most of the news media is garbage. Now carry on.
That's why your heads are filled with misinformation. Twitter twits linked on here are some of the dumbest in the land.

Reactions: Sope Creek
You don't understand what incontrovertible evidence is.
Ok, so show me where I’m wrong.

I’ve shown you concrete evidence that the FBI’s investigation into Carter Page, a member of the Trump campaign, was public knowledge 2 months before the election.

You just keep saying no it wasn’t.

Yes, it LITERALLY was.

At this point you’re just talking nonsense.

It’s really weird.

Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes

I’ve shown you concrete evidence that the FBI’s investigation into Carter Page, a member of the Trump campaign, was public knowledge 2 months before the election.

Yes, it LITERALLY was.

It’s really weird.
Aloha, like many on the board, has full TDS & cannot separate the deplorable Trump from any attempt to discuss anything surrounding him objectively. If Trump came out & said the FBI & all Federal Agencies have been on the up & up this whole time, Aloha would likely suggest they’re as crooked as can be. You’re wasting your time…

Aloha, like many on the board, has full TDS & cannot separate the deplorable Trump from any attempt to discuss anything surrounding him objectively. If Trump came out & said the FBI & all Federal Agencies have been on the up & up this whole time, Aloha would likely suggest they’re as crooked as can be. You’re wasting your time…
I don’t like Trump either. I think he’s an idiot who will 100 percent lose the election if he’s nominated.

But if I ever reach a point where my hatred of Trump supercedes my ability to think with logic and reason, then I’m no better than the most rabid Trumpster.

I think Aloha has reached that point.

Hoopsdoc has owned your a$$ in this thread. Goat's, too.

You should realize he's young, and better looking than you. You should just tap out.

Reactions: Lucy01
These Fing boomers man. They just don’t get us. Die already!!!
There's a woman who was charged with influencing her ex-husband to commit suicide by telling him to die.

There are a lot of lawyers here who would love to file a lawsuit - you're on the team, but you're not immune from prosecution. 😂

Yes, it LITERALLY was.

It’s really weird.
Your article does not say anywhere in it that the FBI had opened an investigation into Carter or Trump. It mentions intelligence officials briefed some in Congress at the probable Russian attempts to influence the election (we know they did, why no concern with that?). You know who’s not a member of the intelligence community? The FBI:

Anyone reading that would think CIA or NSA was investigating this (and they were). That’s exactly what I thought at the time. Did I suspect that it might lead to an FBI investigation? Sure, I did. Did anyone in the public know one had started? No, and that’s the point. Sell, to be fair a few may have known because an FBI spouse or friend may have told them, but that doesn’t translate to any significant number knowing. So effectively speaking, the public absolutely did not know the FBI had begun an Investigation and didn’t know until after the election was over. Your opinion, whatever it might have been was your opinion and not a fact that at all. The fact, and it is a fact, is that the public did not yet know the FBI was investigating. You know what is another fact? Trump won the 2016 election.

I think it’s really weird that you claim something is a fact when it’s not. There’s something about defending Trump which causes the defenders to check their logic at the door.

You continue with your opinion. It won’t change. We might as well end it. Not end it all, just the discussion.

Trumpsters have no objectivity when it comes to Trump.

Your hypothetical is not logical.

Your article does not say anywhere in it that the FBI had opened an investigation into Carter or Trump. It mentions intelligence officials briefed some in Congress at the probable Russian attempts to influence the election (we know they did, why no concern with that?). You know who’s not a member of the intelligence community? The FBI:

Anyone reading that would think CIA or NSA was investigating this (and they were). That’s exactly what I thought at the time. Did I suspect that it might lead to an FBI investigation? Sure, I did. Did anyone in the public know one had started? No, and that’s the point. Sell, to be fair a few may have known because an FBI spouse or friend may have told them, but that doesn’t translate to any significant number knowing. So effectively speaking, the public absolutely did not know the FBI had begun an Investigation and didn’t know until after the election was over. Your opinion, whatever it might have been was your opinion and not a fact that at all. The fact, and it is a fact, is that the public did not yet know the FBI was investigating. You know what is another fact? Trump won the 2016 election.

I think it’s really weird that you claim something is a fact when it’s not. There’s something about defending Trump which causes the defenders to check their logic at the door.

You continue with your opinion. It won’t change. We might as well end it. Not end it all, just the discussion.

The dividing line was that the FBI was in charge of domestic counter intelligence (catching foreign spies) and the CIA was barred from domestic operations. The FBI also has the lead on domestic counter terrorism. Thus, the FBI does have an intelligence function within the US.
Absolutely. The obfuscation that goes on here is mind-numbing.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Jesus H Christ, man.

I never claimed that people knew AT THE TIME that it was THE FBI who was investigating Page.

Just that it was PUBLC KNOWLEDGE that an investigation had been opened(it was).

It was THE FBI WHO LEAKED THAT.

We know that now.

THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WERE INVESTIGATING PAGE AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO LEAKED THAT FACT TO THE PRESS BEFORE THE ELECTION.

What I said is that the FBI interfered with a U.S. Presidential election for no good reason and I’ve proven that.

I’m not sure exactly what you think you’re accomplishing here.

The FBI f****d up. They admitted that they f****d up. Everyone can see that they f****d up.

Why are you so hung up on defending them?

It’s really frustrating. I want to think you’re arguing in good faith, I really do.

But it’s looking more and more like you’re not.

• Love
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Was that something that was proven in the Durham investigation?
That’s actually what I came back to comment on.

There were no other active investigations into the Trump campaign at that time. Durham documents that.

The NSA and the CIA were monitoring Russian attempts at election interference as is their job, but their was no active investigation into anyone specific.

Those agencies, along with British intelligence, actually declined to assist crossfire hurricane because, in the words of the British, “there’s nothing there”.

All of this is in Durhams report.

That’s actually what I came back to comment on.

There were no other active investigations into the Trump campaign at that time. Durham documents that.

The NSA and the CIA were monitoring Russian attempts at election interference as is their job, but their was no active investigation into anyone specific.

Those agencies, along with British intelligence, actually declined to assist crossfire hurricane because, in the words of the British, “there’s nothing there”.

All of this is in Durhams report.
I get that. But did the Durham report show that it was the FBI that leaked the existence of an investigation into Carter Page? That's what I'm trying to learn.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I get that. But did the Durham report show that it was the FBI that leaked the existence of an investigation into Carter Page? That's what I'm trying to learn.
If you’re asking if Durham documented the specific person who leaked the info, then no.

But again, there was only one agency investigating Carter Page in September of 2016.

The FBI.

Jesus H Christ, man.

I never claimed that people knew AT THE TIME that it was THE FBI who was investigating Page.

Just that it was PUBLC KNOWLEDGE that an investigation had been opened(it was).

It was THE FBI WHO LEAKED THAT.

We know that now.

THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WERE INVESTIGATING PAGE AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO LEAKED THAT FACT TO THE PRESS BEFORE THE ELECTION.

What I said is that the FBI interfered with a U.S. Presidential election for no good reason and I’ve proven that.

I’m not sure exactly what you think you’re accomplishing here.

The FBI f****d up. They admitted that they f****d up. Everyone can see that they f****d up.

Why are you so hung up on defending them?

It’s really frustrating. I want to think you’re arguing in good faith, I really do.

But it’s looking more and more like you’re not.
OK. We have progress with you agreeing that the public didn’t know the FBI was investigating Page and/or Trump. I don’t know how you know the FBI leaked the information about Page. Got a link for that? If not, it’s an opinion and not a fact. I don’t share it. I think it’s more likely someone in Congress leaked it after they were briefed by the intel community about Page. I also don’t know if it matters.

Yes the FBI made mistakes. Every human makes mistakes. Slandering the entire FBI, full of (or was) my fellow conservative Republicans, is something I take issue with.

I ALWAYS argue in good faith. Take that to the bank.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and DANC
OK. We have progress with you agreeing that the public didn’t know the FBI was investigating Page and/or Trump. I don’t know how you know the FBI leaked the information about Page. Got a link for that? If not, it’s an opinion and not a fact. I don’t share it. I think it’s more likely someone in Congress leaked it after they were briefed by the intel community about Page. I also don’t know if it matters.

Yes the FBI made mistakes. Every human makes mistakes. Slandering the entire FBI, full of (or was) my fellow conservative Republicans, is something I take issue with.
Ok, I give up.

You are congratulating me for conceding something that I never argued.

You’re full of shit.
I ALWAYS argue in good faith. Take that to the bank.
No.

No, you don’t.

This thread is proof.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
If you’re asking if Durham documented the specific person who leaked the info, then no.

But again, there was only one agency investigating Carter Page in September of 2016.

The FBI.
You said that we knew that the FBI leaked it, so I was wondering if that information came from the Durham investigation. I have some knowledge of what Durham turned up, but it's far from exhaustive, so I figured that Durham may have identified that and I had missed it for you to make such a definitive claim.

You also said that the other agencies refused to help the FBI, so it seems like the FBI wasn't the only organization/people that knew about the investigation.

Absent someone having identified the source of the leak about the Carter Page investigation, it seems like a stretch to me to claim we know the FBI leaked that information. Totally get that may be your opinion, but I suspect that may be what Aloha is talking about in your disagreement with him. He doesn't need me to speak for him though.

From my experience in working with them on projects, there are lots of individuals in the FBI doing different things of their own volition that aren't part of active FBI policy, so my opinion is that it's a stretch to make wide claims about an organization as large and varied as the FBI. But that's just my opinion. Appreciate you engaging on this.

Ok, I give up.

You are congratulating me for conceding something that I never argued.

You’re full of shit.

No.

No, you don’t.

This thread is proof.
I thought that was your point from the first and beyond (see your post #572) and it’s what I’ve been addressing since. Your last post is the first one you clearly said the public didn’t know. Sorry if we crossed wires.

No need to get so angry. I’m not.

Last edited:
You said that we knew that the FBI leaked it, so I was wondering if that information came from the Durham investigation. I have some knowledge of what Durham turned up, but it's far from exhaustive, so I figured that Durham may have identified that and I had missed it for you to make such a definitive claim.

You also said that the other agencies refused to help the FBI, so it seems like the FBI wasn't the only organization/people that knew about the investigation.

Absent someone having identified the source of the leak about the Carter Page investigation, it seems like a stretch to me to claim we know the FBI leaked that information. Totally get that may be your opinion, but I suspect that may be what Aloha is talking about in your disagreement with him. He doesn't need me to speak for him though.

From my experience in working with them on projects, there are lots of individuals in the FBI doing different things of their own volition that aren't part of active FBI policy, so my opinion is that it's a stretch to make wide claims about an organization as large and varied as the FBI. But that's just my opinion. Appreciate you engaging on this.
The FBI was the only agency with an active investigation into Carter Page.

The FBI is part of the US intelligence community.

The Yahoo articles source’s were “members of the US intelligence community”.

There’s no other possibility.

It HAD to be the FBI.

Also, appreciate the conversation.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I’m taking my wife out to dinner. In the hopes of receiving “future considerations” from her. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT