ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone still a supporter of fan of Biden at this point?

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
I'm not talking about him in an election, but actually thinking he's doing a competent job?

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

It's comical at this point.

I'm not talking about him in an election, but actually thinking he's doing a competent job?

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

Heh, the Biden Administration's cadre of apologists should go by the code name "Euchre", because they can't respond to any crisis or criticism without playing a Trump card.

Heh, the Biden Administration's cadre of apologists should go by the code name "Euchre", because they can't respond to any crisis or criticism without playing a Trump card.

Maybe because our choice was Biden or Trump and Biden has done worlds better than the only other option we were given.

And I don't think he's done a bad job at all...but then I don't read conservative media bias/bull shit either so there is that.

He is an idiot and his administration is incompetent. That is the reason Democrats are still harping on Trump. That is the only way they can pull this next election off because every other Republican candidate would destroy that dotard in 2024. He has nothing to run on, if he could put together thoughts to begin with. No pandemic to hide him in his basement for this go around either.

He is an idiot and his administration is incompetent. That is the reason Democrats are still harping on Trump. That is the only way they can pull this next election off because every other Republican candidate would destroy that dotard in 2024. He has nothing to run on, if he could put together thoughts to begin with. No pandemic to hide him in his basement for this go around either.
I don’t think he would run if Trump dropped out. He can beat Trump again, but would be a likely loser to most other potential younger Republican candidates.

He’s a no good, terrible, very bad president.

And yet, Republicans just lost two consequential races in Chicago and Wisconsin. And the next day we go back to talking about the Trump soap opera.

Granted, Trump has been subject to more unfair vectors of attack than any President in history. I understand the anger.

But I would caution Republicans to use their heads and vote for people who can win. Nominating “**** you” candidates that lose won’t change anything.

And yet, Republicans just lost two consequential races in Chicago and Wisconsin. And the next day we go back to talking about the Trump soap opera.

Granted, Trump has been subject to more unfair vectors of attack than any President in history. I understand the anger.

But I would caution Republicans to use their heads and vote for people who can win. Nominating “**** you” candidates that lose won’t change anything.
@dbmhoosier

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Republicans can't get out of their own way

Reactions: TommyCracker
The Democratic Party way. Blame someone else. I thought Trump was to busy creating the china situation per Obama.

So how was Republicans blaming Obama back in the day and now currently blaming Biden for everything any different?

Finger pointing is hardly exclusive to one side.

There are two answers to this, and you and others won't like it. On Afghanistan, I am sure we could have gotten out better. Though no one ever unilaterally leaves a war particularly well. But it seems we weren't properly prepared for the chaos.

I supported Trump getting us out of there, and still do. Trump knew that the Taliban would take over, he even said so. That fact can't be blamed on Biden, our allies were always going to be unable to defend themselves. That is only partially our fault. We couldn't break through to get the people entirely behind us, too many appear to be willing to just go where the wind blows. That didn't make the regime particularly strong. It is exactly what happened in Vietnam. We never could really win hearts and minds.

So the Biden Administration played a bad hand badly. I have no idea how Trump would have played it, but I suspect that the Taliban would be in power today and there would have been at least some chaos. In other words, maybe they would have played a bad hand less badly. But it is also possible they would have played it worse. There is zero way of knowing without a device to get us to alternative universes.

Republicans weren't in a race in Chicago and probably never will be. Vallas was not a Republican and never has been, let alone a MAGA Republican, despite the incoming mayor's incredibly cynical and dishonest campaign commercials to the contrary.

I'll grant that Republicans nearly to a person, voted for Vallas.

Sorry, your post just brought up my anger at those attack ads Johnson ran. Awful.

Republicans weren't in a race in Chicago and probably never will be. Vallas was not a Republican and never has been, let alone a MAGA Republican, despite the incoming mayor's incredibly cynical and dishonest campaign commercials to the contrary.

I'll grant that Republicans nearly to a person, voted for Vallas.

Sorry, your post just brought up my anger at those attack ads Johnson ran. Awful.
I don’t know if Trump factored in to the Chicago mayors race at all. If he did, it was probably minimal.

But he is undeniably an albatross for Republicans and more conservative candidates electorally, even if he doesn’t pick the candidate or get involved in the race.

Ill chime in. Bipartisan infrastructure bill and the CHIPS act.
I’ll categorize both as very low hanging fruit. Broken bridges and supply chain stuff. I’ll counter that our lives are appreciably more expensive and we’re no less divided. Those two factors alone add credence to the original claim. What’s odd is he’s not even likable. Just an angry old ahole. As vp he seemed so affable. Uncle Joe

No.

I’ll categorize both as very low hanging fruit. Broken bridges and supply chain stuff. I’ll counter that our lives are appreciably more expensive and we’re no less divided. Those two factors alone add credence to the original claim. What’s odd is he’s not even likable. Just an angry old ahole. As vp he seemed so affable. Uncle Joe
The other poster asked what he has done "well". I'd say those things fit that. But of course we both have partisan leanings that skew how we view those accomplishments. It's probably why Hickory didn't respond, as he knew all he would have received was a "nuh uh".

80 million votes, the most of anyone in history of the U.S. and it all went downhill fast for Pres. Biden.

Can someone point out a full retreat and military withdraw from a foreign nation that went as well? This bullshit narrative that it was poorly planned and executed is complete bullshit when compared to like events in history. Pure bullshit ..

The other poster asked what he has done "well". I'd say those things fit that. But of course we both have partisan leanings that skew how we view those accomplishments. It's probably why Hickory didn't respond, as he knew all he would have received was a "nuh uh".
I don’t think anyone, or many, have issues with those bills. I think we all agree that we needed them. It’s just that it’s about the easiest thing there is to agree on. His failures or contributions to our problems overwhelm his accomplishments. What’s more but for pushback things would be even worse under him if he got what he wanted.

Can someone point out a full retreat and military withdraw from a foreign nation that went as well? This bullshit narrative that it was poorly planned and executed is complete bullshit when compared to like events in history. Pure bullshit ..

How quickly they forget how Trump abandoned the Kurds. But that betrayal was done perfectly I am sure

Ill chime in. Bipartisan infrastructure bill and the CHIPS act.
The infrastructure bill was mostly a 5 year re-authorization of the highway trust fund. That has gone smoothly and without controversy for decades. The reason this was an “accomplishment” is because Biden wanted to jam a bunch of Democratic agenda crap in it. He backed off most of it.

The CHIPS act is full of more Democratic agenda rules and regulations. Chip production will be so burdened with the weight of very heavy government rules and regs chip production still may not be viable. . It is full of government subsidies. Subsidies all have compliance requirements. The chips act contains strong enforcement provisions to enforce government priorities. Read the chips act in connection with Biden’s EO on advancing equity.

A sample:

Government Contracting Restrictions. To enable efficient execution of funding, the CHIPS Act appears to provide the Department of Commerce with “other transactions” authority. This would authorize the Department of Commerce to enter into agreements other than procurement contracts, grants or cooperative agreements. "Other transactions" agreements are not subject to certain comprehensive and cumbersome contract requirements, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Maybe because our choice was Biden or Trump and Biden has done worlds better than the only other option we were given.

And I don't think he's done a bad job at all...but then I don't read conservative media bias/bull shit either so there is that.
Is this Biden's mini me KJP?

Reactions: DANC
His age is the only true concern, at least from dudes like me. Most of the right wing attacks on him have been based on stupidity and misinformation. I've yet to collect on all of the dumb but driven by first grade level right wing opposition beer bets like, Joe wont last one year before he's removed by his Soros puppet master and replaced by KAMALA along with the he's a demented fool who can't eat his applesauce to no he's an antifa super soldier to he's a progressive puppet to he's an evil business corrupt shark to....whatever the right thinks will stick, that's what he is.

But to answer your question, well he took over in the middle of a pandemic and right after the worst succession in probably our country's history. Even with that he was able to mobilize and execute massive vaccination operation within three months.

He was the one that got a bipartisan infrastructure deal done which in this climate is damn near impossible.

He was the one who got us out of Afghanistan (although it was sloppy).

He was the one who, although having inflationary problems due to the pandemic, quickly got our unemployment numbers back down which has kept us out of a recession (so far, of course republicans could sabotage that with the debt ceiling so it's imperative that we communicate who sabotaged the economy, if repubs refuse to raise it).

Let's see he has f#$ked Russia over with their aspirations of conquest.

He solidified NATO and brought in Finland (another f#$k you to Russia) and soon to be Sweden which is a gigantic foreign policy win and will have impacts for the next 100 years (while slowly fortifying the eastern border. Again gigantic win).

All while working in this shit climate and having a previous president going full nuclear bitch mode. Which has never happened before to my knowledge.

Let's see other stuff....he doesn't beg me for money for his legal fees every day, he doesn't tweet dumb shit that impacts short term market trends and costs me money, he doesn't spew batshit crazy conspiracies every day, he handles himself with some dignity in public....all that presidential stuff has been a huge upgrade.

His job creation numbers have been sublime, again it's kept us out of a recession so far. Market seems to be recovering. Overall other than some hot inflation we seem to be coming out of the nuclear bomb of COVID in good shape.

So yeah, not too shabby.

The concern is he's going to be 82 and his fastball is down to 60 mph.

But he's done a ton, particularly in foreign policy. Again strengthening NATO, adding Finland and weakening Russia would be one the greatest foreign policy wins in our history.

That's what he'd be remembered for (IF the Ukraine war breaks our way and Russia loses). The fact that a one month, easy ass conquering war has (supposedly) decimated Russia due to Biden and NATO is already a massive win.

You have the opportunity to kill Trump yourself.

We gave you a golden opportunity (really 2) but the second was a slam dunk that allowed you to still blame us for your problems....but you cowered to Trump again.

Sorry man, you have to do it yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: Crayfish57

Your last paragraph isn't wrong.

Good luck with that.

So you only read things from the bubble, it is a good way to miss a lot of info. Neither side has all the info and you are being led astray by not looking at the other side.

So you only read things from the bubble, it is a good way to miss a lot of info. Neither side has all the info and you are being led astray by not looking at the other side.
Unless you witness something first hand, everyone is limited to knowing what someone else chooses to write or talk about.

If a news source has a propensity for lying, I don't tend to keep going back to it for news.

His age is the only true concern, at least from dudes like me. Most of the right wing attacks on him have been based on stupidity and misinformation. I've yet to collect on all of the dumb but driven by first grade level right wing opposition beer bets like, Joe wont last one year before he's removed by his Soros puppet master and replaced by KAMALA along with the he's a demented fool who can't eat his applesauce to no he's an antifa super soldier to he's a progressive puppet to he's an evil business corrupt shark to....whatever the right thinks will stick, that's what he is.

But to answer your question, well he took over in the middle of a pandemic and right after the worst succession in probably our country's history. Even with that he was able to mobilize and execute massive vaccination operation within three months.

He was the one that got a bipartisan infrastructure deal done which in this climate is damn near impossible.

He was the one who got us out of Afghanistan (although it was sloppy).

He was the one who, although having inflationary problems due to the pandemic, quickly got our unemployment numbers back down which has kept us out of a recession (so far, of course republicans could sabotage that with the debt ceiling so it's imperative that we communicate who sabotaged the economy, if repubs refuse to raise it).

Let's see he has f#$ked Russia over with their aspirations of conquest.

He solidified NATO and brought in Finland (another f#$k you to Russia) and soon to be Sweden which is a gigantic foreign policy win and will have impacts for the next 100 years (while slowly fortifying the eastern border. Again gigantic win).

All while working in this shit climate and having a previous president going full nuclear bitch mode. Which has never happened before to my knowledge.

Let's see other stuff....he doesn't beg me for money for his legal fees every day, he doesn't tweet dumb shit that impacts short term market trends and costs me money, he doesn't spew batshit crazy conspiracies every day, he handles himself with some dignity in public....all that presidential stuff has been a huge upgrade.

His job creation numbers have been sublime, again it's kept us out of a recession so far. Market seems to be recovering. Overall other than some hot inflation we seem to be coming out of the nuclear bomb of COVID in good shape.

So yeah, not too shabby.

The concern is he's going to be 82 and his fastball is down to 60 mph.

But he's done a ton, particularly in foreign policy. Again strengthening NATO, adding Finland and weakening Russia would be one the greatest foreign policy wins in our history.

That's what he'd be remembered for (IF the Ukraine war breaks our way and Russia loses). The fact that a one month, easy ass conquering war has (supposedly) decimated Russia due to Biden and NATO is already a massive win.

Thanks Tommy. Excellent response. Pearls before swine, but it needed to be said.

Thanks Tommy. Excellent response. Pearls before swine, but it needed to be said.
That’s an absurd post and easily debunked. Not the antifa, demented, but the substantive. He came out to be “transformative” with spending and progressive policies. They were failing everywhere and his approval was like 29 percent so he pivoted. The endless spending and stays contributed significantly to inflation. Jobs would always come back after a pandemic but inflation has dampened any good to come from it. Our cost of living is brutal. He was clueless on energy. Gas prices from his silly rhetoric. Lied about leases. He’s clueless on infrastructure no idea where anything is made. He just supports policy based on the wind. He’s divisive. He’s irrefutably terrible. Just a terrible president.

Biden very very very bad. Trump is very very strongly strong as evidenced by the 5 million people in attendance at the Waco rally. This should make the original poster feel better.

Reactions: UncleMark

I'm past the point of caring. I hope Trump is our candidate and if he loses, the country deserves what it gets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT