ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone still a supporter of fan of Biden at this point?

obviously it's blatant communism, so no doubt conservative rural residents will be against it.

or not.

conservative rural voters love communism when it benefits them, which it does more often than not.

roads, electric, phone, are all communist giveaways to conservative rural residents, financed by liberal city dwellers.

it's also a $42 billion subsidy for internet providers, and i question if there will be any price regulation what so ever associated with.

public funding for private gain.

that said, providing internet should be done by the govt, or a govt and price regulated monopoly done by private provider.

several municipalities and states tried to do it publicly, only to have big telecom lobby state govts to make doing so illegal.

the US probably gets the worst bang for the buck in internet provision, of the civilized world.

of course it's not personal. it's just business. (and blatant corruption).

the US household is paying a $100 mo corruption tax for cable and internet..

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
obviously it's blatant communism, so no doubt conservative rural residents will be against it.

or not.

conservative rural voters love communism when it benefits them, which it does more often than not.

roads, electric, phone, are all communist giveaways to conservative rural residents, financed by liberal city dwellers.

it's also a $42 billion subsidy for internet providers, and i question if there will be any price regulation what so ever associated with.

public funding for private gain.

that said, providing internet should be done by the govt, or a govt and price regulated monopoly done by private provider.

several municipalities and states tried to do it publicly, only to have big telecom lobby state govts to make doing so illegal.

the US probably gets the worst bang for the buck in internet provision, of the civilized world.

of course it's not personal. it's just business. (and blatant corruption).

the US household is paying a $100 mo corruption tax for cable and internet..
Almost $5000 per family and they have until 2030 to do the job

I'm not talking about him in an election, but actually thinking he's doing a competent job?

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

It's comical at this point.

At least one still does.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I'm not talking about him in an election, but actually thinking he's doing a competent job?

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

It's comical at this point.

I do ,he is a whole hell of a lot better than traitor, rapist trump.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
I agree , but the sad thing is many a black men are joining his cult.

They probably feel abandoned by the Democrats, but I don’t see racial bifurcation as a bad thing. We’d likely have made more progress and had better overall societal function and trust if there were more diversity amongst the two parties (I realize why there isn’t, I’m simply saying that only creates more animosity between the two sides).

Trump plays well to lower income voters of any race, particularly with males.

They probably feel abandoned by the Democrats, but I don’t see racial bifurcation as a bad thing. We’d likely have made more progress and had better overall societal function and trust if there were more diversity amongst the two parties (I realize why there isn’t, I’m simply saying that only creates more animosity between the two sides).

Trump plays well to lower income voters of any race, particularly with males.
that he does and they do, but those blk men lack knowledge of the truth.

First, there is no "invasion." If Biden's constitutional power depends on an invasion, that's a very weak argument. Abbott and Repubs are making that argument about the definition of invasion in the same means-over-ends bullshit way some on the left are doing with the definition of "insurrection," "racism," and "violence."

Second, Biden isn't talking about a plan in the linked Tik Tok video. Do we really think Joe Biden, now or at any time in his life, was intelligent enough to pull off a multi-decade plan to "brown" the American genetic pool?

Biden was referring to a demographic trend that's been occurring for a few decades. He's talking about projections. His last statement, that this is our strength, is in my mind referring to the traditional notions that America has been a melting pot of peoples, more open to immigration than European nations, and that we've benefitted from it over our history and will continue to do so. I was taught this ideal/aspirational view of the U.S. in the '70s in a podunk Indiana elementary school.

This isn't to say that there are far left elements that want to change the American demographic for different reasons. There are--I've met and talked with them. But I don't think that was a Biden plan, or anyone else in true power in D.C. (not counting the Squad here).

First, there is no "invasion." If Biden's constitutional power depends on an invasion, that's a very weak argument. Abbott and Repubs are making that argument about the definition of invasion in the same means-over-ends bullshit way some on the left are doing with the definition of "insurrection," "racism," and "violence."

Second, Biden isn't talking about a plan in the linked Tik Tok video. Do we really think Joe Biden, now or at any time in his life, was intelligent enough to pull off a multi-decade plan to "brown" the American genetic pool?

Biden was referring to a demographic trend that's been occurring for a few decades. He's talking about projections. His last statement, that this is our strength, is in my mind referring to the traditional notions that America has been a melting pot of peoples, more open to immigration than European nations, and that we've benefitted from it over our history and will continue to do so. I was taught this ideal/aspirational view of the U.S. in the '70s in a podunk Indiana elementary school.

This isn't to say that there are far left elements that want to change the American demographic for different reasons. There are--I've met and talked with them. But I don't think that was a Biden plan, or anyone else in true power in D.C. (not counting the Squad here).
Biden has nothing to do with the Browning of America. White people quit having babies. But that is not the concern. Who has the power? Our potus, judicial and legilature bodies are all lilly white. You say far-left elements that want to change the American demographics well the far- right elements want to keep the power.

It's hard to disagree with about 90% of what you posted here. The talk of "browning" of a populace as some evil master plan is ridiculous, as the physical characteristics of a populace in our modern world will homogenize naturally anyway. And I would love to live in a world where words/phrases like invasion, violence, racism, insurrection, equal opportunity, fascist etcetera were used sparingly and as such correctly/legitimately.

I will say there are some subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the immigration up to and including much (at least the first half) of the 20th century and today. The two primary differences off the top of my head have to do a with one, a lack cultural assimilation today when contrasted with that of those who immigrated here in the later 19th to mid 20th century. Secondly is the size and scope of our modern welfare state, it's associated costs, and the effects/affects of both on each other.

It's hard to disagree with about 90% of what you posted here. The talk of "browning" of a populace as some evil master plan is ridiculous, as the physical characteristics of a populace in our modern world will homogenize naturally anyway. And I would love to live in a world where words/phrases like invasion, violence, racism, insurrection, equal opportunity, fascist etcetera were used sparingly and as such correctly/legitimately.

I will say there are some subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the immigration up to and including much (at least the first half) of the 20th century and today. The two primary differences off the top of my head have to do a with one, a lack cultural assimilation today when contrasted with that of those who immigrated here in the later 19th to mid 20th century. Secondly is the size and scope of our modern welfare state, it's associated costs, and the effects/affects of both on each other.
no such thing,people are people.

I agree that we have to think about a lot of this stuff differently and that the size and scope of our modern welfare state necessitates limiting immigration more than in the past, and thinking about it more.

It’s the economy dummies. Those guys have the dumb sheep’s xenophobia making them walk like robots. Read a book or watch PBS or something dummies.

Don't disagree with the economic arguments.

I don't agree with the assimilation argument. I don't know what that argument is based upon. Most 2nd generation immigrants I've personally known are just as well assimiliated into this country as would have occurred 100 years ago.

One of my son's best friends and basketball teammate is from Columbia with a dad who can only manage passable English. One of my best friends that I worked with for years out of college was from a Mexican family, her dad was undocumented.... She was passionate about her Mexican heritage (made amazing tamales she'd bring in for me, miss those), but she was an IU Kelley grad and was raising a very assimiliated family and has a really good career and a typical American life in the burbs today.

1st generation immigrants are never going to be fully assimiliated. But that's always been the case. Cities across the country had monolithic Irish, Italian, German, Russian, Cuban etc, typically with very little English spoken...neighborhoods and cultures... Most that we still celebrate today going to festivals and the like. Many are dying out now as we are like 4 generations down the line. Which is sad.... Lack of cultural diversity makes for a very boring life and world to live in. How homogenized a society does one really want?

Last edited:
I’ll categorize both as very low hanging fruit. Broken bridges and supply chain stuff. I’ll counter that our lives are appreciably more expensive and we’re no less divided. Those two factors alone add credence to the original claim. What’s odd is he’s not even likable. Just an angry old ahole. As vp he seemed so affable. Uncle Joe
You should take some personal responsibility for your situation. Most white collar workers own equities. You could have purchased AMZ or MSFT instead of crab legs and coffee.

You should take some personal responsibility for your situation. Most white collar workers own equities. You could have purchased AMZ or MSFT instead of crab legs and coffee.
You should take some personal responsibility and not vote for the party that over taxes over regulates and contributes to the cost of life increasing.

And in your prior post it’s too not to

And I’m on my way to Starbucks right now

You should take some personal responsibility and not vote for the party that over taxes over regulates and contributes to the cost of life increasing.

Complaining about cost of life increases while on your way to Starbucks or Starbys as my 10 year old calls it.

Oh the irony 🤣

Reactions: UncleMark
Complaining about cost of life increases while on your way to Starbucks or Starbys as my 10 year old calls it.

Oh the irony 🤣
i genuinely don't understand the bend over and take it from the left. the ny's paying obscene taxes etc. bc you can still afford something doesn't bear on the poor governance that gives rise to price increases. those are separate issues.

i'll tell ya boogie my business does better when the businesses we sell to are strapped. we occupy the lower end of the market so if htey are looking to save we do better than when they are flush and can go for premium stuff. now shutdowns forget it. we're totally sol

You are right, they give all the money too rich people

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT