ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article on just how far left Harris is

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019

also reflects that biden was in the middle in keeping with what most expected when he took office in 2020

"Of these 109 Democrats, Harris has the second-most liberal voting record. This makes her slightly less liberal than Warren, but more liberal than all of the remaining 107 Democrats, and significantly more liberal than all but a handful."

also reflects that biden was in the middle in keeping with what most expected when he took office in 2020

"Of these 109 Democrats, Harris has the second-most liberal voting record. This makes her slightly less liberal than Warren, but more liberal than all of the remaining 107 Democrats, and significantly more liberal than all but a handful."

Didn't download the app but did notice it was an opinion piece rather than a MSN article.

The methodology is set forth therein
Written by this guy:

Mark P. Jones, Ph.D., is the fellow in political science at the Baker Institute, the Joseph D. Jamail Chair in Latin American Studies and a professor in the Department of Political Science at Rice University.

Written by this guy:

Mark P. Jones, Ph.D., is the fellow in political science at the Baker Institute, the Joseph D. Jamail Chair in Latin American Studies and a professor in the Department of Political Science at Rice University.
Fine university. Long time member of the SWAC

Joe Jamail just keeps doing good, even from beyond the grave. A true warrior for justice!
Imagine if he was on this board
Stop talking
No one wants to hear from you, see. Now stop talkin.
You could gag a maggot off a meat truck

Don't like that...at all...

I do wonder though, how much influence does her representing California, have on her voting record in Congress?

Seems like her history before being a Senator representing the most liberal state we have, was a fair bit more moderate. To the point where some of her stances and actions early on in her political career could be troublesome to her farther left base.

Maybe she'll govern differently? Heck, if Trump can flip parties entirely, and capture the minds, hearts, and souls of millions in his new party...maybe she can lead from a more moderate position?

Unlikely. And it pisses me off we're in this position.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Don't like that...at all...

I do wonder though, how much influence does her representing California, have on her voting record in Congress?

Seems like her history before being a Senator representing the most liberal state we have, was a fair bit more moderate. To the point where some of her stances and actions early on in her political career could be troublesome to her farther left base.

Maybe she'll govern differently? Heck, if Trump can flip parties entirely, and capture the minds, hearts, and souls of millions in his new party...maybe she can lead from a more moderate position?

Unlikely. And it pisses me off we're in this position.
Picking Walz isn’t a good sign

Reactions: 76-1
Picking Walz isn’t a good sign
Agreed initially. My hopeful thought was she might know she'll be a more moderate candidate and leader than her recent record indicates, and she wanted the ticket and administration to remain anchored left... But that's a pretty big reach.

More likely is she is more of what her voting record indicates, and Walz fits with that more than the other main candidates did.

I guess purely from my seat...the only silver lining from all this is we'll either get an Administration that aligns with some more of my own policy issues...Or we'll be rid of the worst human being to ever go to work in the Oval Office.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT