ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation - 40 Year High

What policy has she influenced? I'm liberal, we never hear anything about her, it's almost if she doesn't even exist except in the nightmares of republican males. The experts on AOC it seems are pubs. They know EVERYTHING she does. So ...

Reactions: largemouth
I think your take maybe misunderstood his take, although I'll let Harry speak to that himself. But I think the important distinction isn't whether or not it actually happened. It's the severity of the consequences that someone is attempting. As Harry put it, if you're bad at your job, you can be fired. Trump got fired. Biden, if he tries to run again, could very well be fired.

But after the 2020 election, Trump tried to undo his firing, and essentially make himself unfireable (sp.?). I agree with you that this can't really be compared to everyday economic suffering of regular Americans, but that's not because it's less important, which is what you continue to seem to be saying (and I apologize if I am indeed mischaracterizing that). It's because they are two entirely different, incomparable things. Apples and oranges. Bad presidents cause harm, and then lose elections for their troubles. Dictators ignore the results of elections. The complaints against Trump's conspiracy and the complaints against Biden's incompetence exist in two entirely different realms of political discussion.
I think we have a difference of opinion over values and the harm and how many the harm has been visited upon. Quality and quantity render Harry's position an absurd take. Reasonable minds....

Reactions: Univee2

What policy has she influenced? I'm liberal, we never hear anything about her, it's almost if she doesn't even exist except in the nightmares of republican males. The experts on AOC it seems are pubs. They know EVERYTHING she does. So ...

I've posted it a hundred times. And no she is the liberals' darling. Liberal rags laud her. I've posted it so many times that it ought to be pinned for those like you who willfully ignore it

Reactions: Univee2 and DANC
I'm sorry, I'm not clear what you're trying to say here.
Harry's quote was that 4 years of bad leadership could be withstood -paraphrasing. But in those 4 years people are suffering. Comparing that to Jan 6 is absurd because it's a fiction. Democracy wasn't crushed. It withstood. Punish the bad actors but they accomplished nothing. Every branch stood its ground. Having primetime tv shows about it is nothing more than politics about Woulda couldas. In the meantime people are suffering. Devote primetime to problems that are actually occurring.

Jan 6 is allllllll politics.

Harry's quote was that 4 years of bad leadership could be withstood -paraphrasing. But in those 4 years people are suffering. Comparing that to Jan 6 is absurd because it's a fiction. Democracy wasn't crushed. It withstood. Punish the bad actors but they accomplished nothing. Every branch stood its ground. Having primetime tv shows about it is nothing more than politics about Woulda couldas. In the meantime people are suffering. Devote primetime to problems that are actually occurring.

Jan 6 is allllllll politics.
So is your problem that the hearings are political, or is it that you don't think Trump's conspiracy is that big of a deal, because it failed?

I can get with you on the former, but not the latter, and the latter is the context in which I took Harry's remarks, and why I thought you dismissing them as "absurd" to be ridiculous.

I've posted it a hundred times. And no she is the liberals' darling. Liberal rags laud her. I've posted it so many times that it ought to be pinned for those like you who willfully ignore it
I willfully ignore stupid shit and entertainment propaganda.... it's a waste of time. I need no other reason to hate you guys other than your lack of character and/or merit.

I know 100's of liberals .. and I can tell you with certainty that her name hardly ever comes up, nor is she anyone's darling. Those liberal rags are targeting the people who are interested in her, namely, pubs. Thanks for clicking .. and funding liberal rags.

So, basically AOC is influencing policy. Policy so important that it can be summed up as "I've posted it a 100 times". Okay.

But the roid addled blonde doesn't influence policy?

Because ....

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
I willfully ignore stupid shit and entertainment propaganda.... it's a waste of time. I need no other reason to hate you guys other than your lack of character and/or merit.

I know 100's of liberals .. and I can tell you with certainty that her name hardly ever comes up, nor is she anyone's darling. Those liberal rags are targeting the people who are interested in her, namely, pubs. Thanks for clicking .. and funding liberal rags.

So, basically AOC is influencing policy. Policy so important that it can be summed up as "I've posted it a 100 times". Okay.

But the roid addled blonde doesn't influence policy?

Because ....
Then you ignore reality. Or have little knowledge of policy. Perhaps both. Biden came out of the gate following a far left agenda that gained its voice from AOC and the Squad. You live in a fantasy world

Last edited:
So is your problem that the hearings are political, or is it that you don't think Trump's conspiracy is that big of a deal, because it failed?

I can get with you on the former, but not the latter, and the latter is the context in which I took Harry's remarks, and why I thought you dismissing them as "absurd" to be ridiculous.
I think the hearings are political. I think trump's reprehensible behavior is a big deal. I think Jan 6 and all that attends same pales in comparison to the suffering every day people are feeling. I think having a prime time series while people are suffering is tone deaf and evinces how out of touch DC and the media are. Polls re what voters care about support my position. Harry's post was in keeping with this disconnect imo

I think the hearings are political. I think trump's reprehensible behavior is a big deal. I think Jan 6 and all that attends same pales in comparison to the suffering every day people are feeling. I think having a prime time series while people are suffering is tone deaf and evinces how out of touch DC and the media are. Polls re what voters care about support my position. Harry's post was in keeping with this disconnect imo
I still think you misread Harry slightly, but I also think you're wrong when you say Jan 6 "pales in comparison" to the everyday suffering we're talking about. For one simple reason: You only get one. Our democracy's primary foundational principle is the peaceful transition of power from the loser to the winner. That only works if it happens 100% of the time. One failure and the system's done.

So do you object to the committee doing an investigation at all? To the televising of it? To the coverage it's getting? Would you be happier if Congress was investigating inflation? Gas prices?

I still think you misread Harry slightly, but I also think you're wrong when you say Jan 6 "pales in comparison" to the everyday suffering we're talking about. For one simple reason: You only get one. Our democracy's primary foundational principle is the peaceful transition of power from the loser to the winner. That only works if it happens 100% of the time. One failure and the system's done.
But your claim is illusory. Power was transferred.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
So do you object to the committee doing an investigation at all? To the televising of it? To the coverage it's getting? Would you be happier if Congress was investigating inflation? Gas prices?

I'm fine with an investigation. I'm fine with referrals. The priority it is given in relation to other issues is what irks me. And that is self serving politics

But your claim is illusory. Power was transferred.
This time.

What "claim" is illusory? I'm claiming that our democracy won't survive a successful coup. Therefore, even failed, ridiculously incompetent, attempted coups are a major threat to our way of life, and not something to be dismissed with "Yeah, but it didn't work."

• Haha
I'm fine with an investigation. I'm fine with referrals. The priority it is given in relation to other issues is what irks me. And that is self serving politics

Priority by who? The House and Senate are still trying to do other business. Joe is still doing what Joe does.

Yes, it's getting a lot of coverage. Maybe that indicates people think it's more important than you do.

This time.

What "claim" is illusory? I'm claiming that our democracy won't survive a successful coup. Therefore, even failed, ridiculously incompetent, attempted coups are a major threat to our way of life, and not something to be dismissed with "Yeah, but it didn't work."
Again you are dealing in hypos. The suffering at the gas pump is reality.

Barr suggested it was close.

Barr took some shit at the time for apparently giving these claims credence they didn't deserve, but those comments in his depo are hard to refute. It wasn't enough to dismiss them as "bullshit." He needed to be able to say, "We checked thoroughly, and it's bullshit."

Reactions: UncleMark
Priority by who? The House and Senate are still trying to do other business. Joe is still doing what Joe does.

Yes, it's getting a lot of coverage. Maybe that indicates people think it's more important than you do.

Oh no. Polls are clear on what concerns voters. It ain't this. Spartans posted as much. It's impt to the left media.

Oh no. Polls are clear on what concerns voters. It ain't this. Spartans posted as much. It's impt to the left media.
Not true. I posted a poll a few days ago that showed that a strong majority of independents and even 48% of Republicans characterized the Jan 6 committee as either somewhat or very important.

Will it drive voting behavior? I doubt it. But Americans do largely agree it's important.

Not true. I posted a poll a few days ago that showed that a strong majority of independents and even 48% of Republicans characterized the Jan 6 committee as either somewhat or very important.

Will it drive voting behavior? I doubt it. But Americans do largely agree it's important.

Different question. Rank where it falls in polls

Energy policies are driven by her and her ilk. You really think she came up with the 32 trillion dollar green deal? She parrots whatever is fed to her. She has shut up because it’s painfully obvious how bad Democrats green polices are, now that the west can’t paper over it. The issue is you struggle with critically thinking. Aka…you’re really dumb and naive.

So coup attempts or attempted overthrows or however you want to characterize it should be viewed as no big deal unless they're successful. Gotchya.
There was no 'coup attempt' or 'attempted overthrow'.

You need to recline to your feinting couch

Trump challenged the election results, just as Democrats did in 2000, 2004, and 2016

Get off your ****ing high horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
Different question. Rank where it falls in polls
You should let this die. Whether consciously or not, these people are desperate to cling to anything that will distract them & others from the unmitigated disasters of the current administration we put in place. Folks like Goat & Chuckie will continue to make the case that a few unarmed bums & an idiot that was convinced he’d been cheated were on the precipice of toppling the government. Why focus on what’s in the windshield when you can live in the rear view mirror?

There was no 'coup attempt' or 'attempted overthrow'.

You need to recline to your feinting class.

Trump challenged the election results, just as Democrats did in 2000, 2004, and 2016

Get off your ****ing high horse.
Yeah, remember when the Capitol was stormed by radical riotous leftists in 2001, and Congress had to be whisked to safety, and democracy was only saved when Janet Reno and various other federal and state officials refused Clinton's demands to find a way to reject Florida's votes? Gosh, that was crazy!

Reactions: larsIU
Yeah, remember when the Capitol was stormed by radical riotous leftists in 2001, and Congress had to be whisked to safety, and democracy was only saved when Janet Reno and various other federal and state officials refused Clinton's demands to find a way to reject Florida's votes? Gosh, that was crazy!
No, but I remember federal buildings being set on fire during the Summer of Love and Trump having to be taken to an underground bunker because of violence in DC.

Funny I haven't heard much about that from the self-righteous.

And I can't find any that offer any insight into how Jan 6 might compare to other topics. Although, as I already said above, I doubt Jan 6 will affect voter behavior much.
Spartans I believe posted pew polls contrasting voter concerns vs media concerns. Jan 6 was Mia on voters but high on media. I don't have time now but will find it later tonight or in the morning

The media. Not voters

Coulda. Almost. But for. Woulda. Didn't....

Of course that's what it is: politicians who hate trump. Well that and the distraction from the ineptitude of this admin which is why it's a primetime special.

Have your hearing. Make referrals. But devote primetime to what steps are being taken to ameliorate the suffering of every day people. DC is lost
I agree with most of your takes, but for months now I think you way underplay what almost happened under Trump.

Recessions and tough times come and go. I feel for how many people are struggling at the moment, but we'll get through this. But Trump came so close to doing the unthinkable. He has also created the blueprint for the next person. And finally, he seemingly has 30 percent of the population as well as the majority of his fellow Republicans willing to turn a blind eye to his actions. Do not take our Democracy for granted.

• Haha
No, but I remember federal buildings being set on fire during the Summer of Love and Trump having to be taken to an underground bunker because of violence in DC.

Funny I haven't heard much about that from the self-righteous.
And funny thing is, if a thousand BLM members I know your take would be very different. Along with many others in this board. How you can't see the BLM riots and Jan 6 are both wrong.

The only difference is the flame for the BLM protests and riots were not lit by the President of the United States.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT