ADVERTISEMENT

Indy 500 Will we see a 235 tomorrow?

Looking at the no-tow, 234.26 was the fastest (Cheatgarden), everyone else was under 234. Tomorrow will be warmer. Not sure they get to 235. Will be an interesting day regardless. Larson doing well.

Looking at the no-tow, 234.26 was the fastest (Cheatgarden), everyone else was under 234. Tomorrow will be warmer. Not sure they get to 235. Will be an interesting day regardless. Larson doing well.
Ok so...Being honest here why the Cheatgarden reference.

I’ll be out there tomorrow for sure. The interesting piece today is the lack of fall off between the 4 laps. They are running 4 very consistent laps. Should be a good one.
I might be as well. Also considering the Mecum auction. Will come down to whether the wife wants to spend a day at the track.

Touch and go.

SW Vista, turn one, 20 of us. I have taken a rookie every year but one since I had two tix in the group (college friends) 20 years ago but will take someone for his second time. The other that wasn’t a rookie was my junior year roommate. I actually couldn’t go two years of the 20 because I was at sea.

No suspension?
Could have been. I think the penalty he got was okay though. Of course there is a quite a conflict with series owner Penske investigating and penalizing Team Penske.

Josef lied about knowing what he did, which didn’t help him in all this. However, it will blow over eventually like everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
That would be awesome. The liveries as whole are just shit now.
What happened to all the beer sponsors? Danny Sullivan and Miller. I hate to jump ship but for years the Bud King was Kenny Bernstein that was a damn long run. Anyone have a list.

Speaking of Kenny Bernstein does anyone remember way back in the day when you would go to IRP and the nationals. You would walk through the gates and they would give you a 10 pack of Winstons. How freaking awesome was that?

What happened to all the beer sponsors? Danny Sullivan and Miller. I hate to jump ship but for years the Bud King was Kenny Bernstein that was a damn long run. Anyone have a list.

Speaking of Kenny Bernstein does anyone remember way back in the day when you would go to IRP and the nationals. You would walk through the gates and they would give you a 10 pack of Winstons. How freaking awesome was that?
Good question. A lot of beer sponsors have left NASCAR too.

Probably just not the same ROI for consumer products companies slapping their logos on race cars. A lot more B2B sponsorship nowadays — not as fun.

As popular as vapes are with the younger kids might as well just let em sponsor again. ;)

8581fdf2ee6d516e89a741cdf1b864c1.jpg

As for who of the 34 entrants won’t make the field of 33, Seigel is in trouble. His crash put him in a backup car, and his backup is a road course car, and converting that to a speedway setup is really difficult. He was pretty slow in this morning’s practice.

As for who of the 34 entrants won’t make the field of 33, Seigel is in trouble. His crash put him in a backup car, and his backup is a road course car, and converting that to a speedway setup is really difficult. He was pretty slow in this morning’s practice.
Not consistently flat in any corner in his simulation this morning doesn’t bode well, for sure.

Reactions: Tammany Hall

Tom Carnegie is dead, but still 28 years without "It's a new track record" is kind of sad. Yeah safety, yeah spec series now...but 28 years is a long time to run in place.

Tom Carnegie is dead, but still 28 years without "It's a new track record" is kind of sad. Yeah safety, yeah spec series now...but 28 years is a long time to run in place.
I agree. The day lost some oomph from the get go when the speeds were down from Fast Friday. I get driver safety and understand what open wheel racing is today versus the past, but losing the excitement that comes with a new track record sucks.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I agree. The day lost some oomph from the get go when the speeds were down from Fast Friday. I get driver safety and understand what open wheel racing is today versus the past, but losing the excitement that comes with a new track record sucks.
Yea. It’s too bad the heyday of open wheel innovation ended in the 90’s when speeds reached the limit of safety. Even today when you walk along the catch fence and feel the speed and energy — I don’t know how they walk away from crashes.

I can’t really tell the difference bt 220mph and 245. Imo the next IndyCar should race well and sound meaner — 15K rpm vs the 12K or so now. Speeds don’t need to go up, but just adding some more visceral sound will make them seem faster and cooler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT