ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana wins the 2020 Gator Bowl

Looks better now...7-1
The Jan 2020 Gator Bowl concluded IU's 8-win 2019 season. Our 6-2 Covid-shortened 2020 season ended with a loss to Ole Miss in Tampa's Outback Bowl in Jan 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
The Jan 2020 Gator Bowl concluded IU's 8-win 2019 season. Our 6-2 Covid-shortened 2020 season ended with a loss to Ole Miss in Tampa's Insight Bowl in Jan 2021.
He may be referring to the 2019 season. We actually played Tennessee in 2020 but as you know it was the 19 season. BTW what happened and why did Tennessee forfeit?

He may be referring to the 2019 season. We actually played Tennessee in 2020 but as you know it was the 19 season. BTW what happened and why did Tennessee forfeit?
Recruiting violations. Vacate all wins from 19-20 seasons. 11 million $ fine. Per ESPN we do not get to claim the win, the game will show as no winner and our record doesn't change. At least that is what I read.

Reactions: Indianaftw
The Jan 2020 Gator Bowl concluded IU's 8-win 2019 season. Our 6-2 Covid-shortened 2020 season ended with a loss to Ole Miss in Tampa's Outback Bowl in Jan 2021.
You’ve exposed that my level of care for IU football is so low as to barely remember what happened we three years ago.

I’d feel shame but it’s IU football.

I think a win in that game would have been huge for recruiting. It is sad we lost to a team cheating, but it was still our fault. Everyone around me was expecting an inside kick. Cover that and we win.

I will give Tennessee fans credit, no matter how badly they sing, they scream out Rocky Top hour after hour. They rocketed up the list of fan bases I hate, almost to Michigan and tO$U levels.

The Yacht Rock Review show pregame at the stadium was a classic.

Band introduction was hilarious. Obviously, band is Indiana-based, with some Nashville musicians mixed in. The back and forth boos and cheers when each member (and hometown) was mentioned was awesome.

The capper was the final guy mentioned..."And finally, someone that you all will equally hate, on (forget the instrument)...from Lexington, Kentucky..."

Entire venue boos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT