ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Offers Luka Garza

Because it was factually inaccurate. The "deepest roster ever" stuff is simply laughable, especially when one considers that five members of the team have yet to ever wear the uniform or play in a game.

It's hilarious that you would answer a question asked of a different poster.

So it's your position I was definitive about it being the deepest roster? I guess you missed the use of the term maybe, which means it is debatable.

Stomp and tromp, stomp and tromp without addressing the point of a post. We see this stuff from you (Plural) all of the time.

It's hilarious that you would answer a question asked of a different poster.

So it's your position I was definitive about it being the deepest roster? I guess you missed the use of the term maybe, which means it is debatable.

Stomp and tromp, stomp and tromp without addressing the point of a post. We see this stuff from you (Plural) all of the time.
Hilarious? It's called a discussion.

What's laughable is the suggestion, the hint, even the thought that it could be the deepest IU team ever. There is no "maybe", especially since nearly half the team has yet to play a game for IU. It's substance free hyperbole, which is typical.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Newkirk was four star per scout.

True, and he's one of only 5 upperclassmen PG's in the Big 10 that received at least a 4* designation from any of the 3 free scouting services. The other 4 being T.Abrams, D.Walton, L.Nairn and B.Koenig.

I've probably overestimated his ability based on a couple of games two years ago, but I think he should be one of the better PG's in the conference. I just hope the shot doctor has polished up his jumper a little bit.

That roster should include Davis and Holt, neither of whom were Big Ten level players.

Holt looked pretty good against Big Ten level competition, and Davis was a three star recruit. What evidence do you have neither were Big Ten level talent?

Holt looked pretty good against Big Ten level competition, and Davis was a three star recruit. What evidence do you have neither were Big Ten level talent?
I watched them both play. Davis was a tweener who couldn't shoot, handle the ball or defend, and Holt was a late recruit who played hard but had neither the athletic ability or fundamental skills to make a meaningful contribution on a contending team. Neither, by the way, were sufficiently committed to improving, either (as evidenced by their multiple off the court transgressions).

I am talking about recruiting and not roster management where you are right about his performance there is less than desirable. I am totally happy on his ability to recruit and find hidden gems.

Here is our current teams roster makeup by level of stars.

Morgan 4 stars
Blackmon 5 stars
Newkirk 4 stars
OG 3 stars but is a hidden gem
Johnson 4 stars
Hartman 3 stars
Bryant 4 stars
McSwain 3 stars
Green 3 stars with high pedigree
Jones 4 stars
Davis 4 stars
Tim Priller not good :(
Grant Gelon 3 star

I am extremely happy with our talent level Coach Crean has recruited and assembled for this coming year. Hopefully, he can sustain his momentum on the recruiting trail.

Newkirk was a four star?

Your opinions are strong. It doesn't make them any more correct due to that.

What's laughable is the suggestion, the hint, even the thought that it could be the deepest IU team ever. There is no "maybe", especially since nearly half the team has yet to play a game for IU. It's substance free hyperbole, which is typical.

I watched them both play. Davis was a tweener who couldn't shoot, handle the ball or defend, and Holt was a late recruit who played hard but had neither the athletic ability or fundamental skills to make a meaningful contribution on a contending team.

I watched them both play. Davis was a tweener who couldn't shoot, handle the ball or defend, and Holt was a late recruit who played hard but had neither the athletic ability or fundamental skills to make a meaningful contribution on a contending team. Neither, by the way, were sufficiently committed to improving, either (as evidenced by their multiple off the court transgressions).

That sounds like a whole bunch of subjective bias without much proof. Holt did quite well as a role player as a freshman. I was quite comfortable when he was in the game. He would never have been a star, but he could have been a decent role player.

That sounds like a whole bunch of subjective bias without much proof. Holt did quite well as a role player as a freshman. I was quite comfortable when he was in the game. He would never have been a star, but he could have been a decent role player.
How did the team do? How did he help them get better?

Your opinions are strong. It doesn't make them any more correct due to that.
Experience in watching IU is what makes them valid. They aren't starry eyed and wishful, with no support whatsoever. That's the difference that you neither understand or appreciate.

Experience in watching IU is what makes them valid. They aren't starry eyed and wishful, with no support whatsoever. That's the difference that you neither understand or appreciate.

When I read your work, it's as it's being narrated by Sam Kinison at the top of his lungs. Experience has taught me that the more vociferous one is , the less likely it is that the assertions are true.

It's certainly a good thing that Indiana basketball games are only available to you, and nobody else, to watch. SMH.

For the record, there is zero evidence to support your positions.

When I read your work, it's as it's being narrated by Sam Kinison at the top of his lungs. Experience has taught me that the more vociferous one is , the less likely it is that the assertions are true.

It's certainly a good thing that Indiana basketball games are only available to you, and nobody else, to watch. SMH.

For the record, there is zero evidence to support your positions.
Says the guy who, in spite of the fact that nearly half the team is new (and you've never seen them play), claims that it might be e deepest IU team. Ever. It's simply nonsense born of a combination of wishful thinking and ignorance.

For the record, you've never supported any of your assertions. Not once. And, when pressed, you avoid the topic altogether. Experience has taught all of us that.

How did the team do? How did he help them get better?

Holt was a capable scorer inside. He was an effective rebounder and defensive player with 21 blocks when he was on the court. During the Big Ten Tournament, he had 12 rebounds, 6 points, 3 blocks, and 2 steals against Maryland. He was a freshman and still was able to be effective when he was on the court. Just saying that he was not Big Ten talent is ridiculous after watching him play just one year. Keep pushing your agenda without facts or evidence.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Holt was a capable scorer inside. He was an effective rebounder and defensive player with 21 blocks when he was on the court. During the Big Ten Tournament, he had 12 rebounds, 6 points, 3 blocks, and 2 steals against Maryland. He was a freshman and still was able to be effective when he was on the court. Just saying that he was not Big Ten talent is ridiculous after watching him play just one year. Keep pushing your agenda without facts or evidence.
One example . . . there's a reason he was available late.

Says the guy who, in spite of the fact that nearly half the team is new (and you've never seen them play), claims that it might be e deepest IU team. Ever. It's simply nonsense born of a combination of wishful thinking and ignorance.

For the record, you've never supported any of your assertions. Not once. And, when pressed, you avoid the topic altogether. Experience has taught all of us that.

SAY IT! SAY IT! SAAAAAAY IT!

REAL Sam to go with fake Sam.

If Holt with these numbers in New York is not Big Ten level talent then I do not know who would be! I think Spa just makes up things while he goes.

He averaged 19.8 points, 14.6 rebounds and 5.0 blocks per game as a senior. He boasts a 7-3 wingspan and earned second team All-State honors and was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in New York. He also earned Democrat and Chronicle All-Greater Rochester team honors in 2013 and 2014.

Credit inside the hall with the stats

If Holt with these numbers in New York is not Big Ten level talent then I do not know who would be! I think Spa just makes up things while he goes.

He averaged 19.8 points, 14.6 rebounds and 5.0 blocks per game as a senior. He boasts a 7-3 wingspan and earned second team All-State honors and was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in New York. He also earned Democrat and Chronicle All-Greater Rochester team honors in 2013 and 2014.

Yet he was headed to prep school in spite of a multitude of P5 conference offers . . . right?

To be fair, he was a desperation grab just before school started, and he had a few moments where he did some things. But he was pretty clearly over his head (both on and off the court) and was a symbol of the ADD recruiting style that has plagued Crean since his IU tenure began.

Last edited:

He was a good, pick up...but a net loss

You never know with teens, but when you are scrambling it leads to taking gambles...that's bad roster mgmt

Yes, he was from NY, but it was Rochester not Brooklynn....you're overselling

Over selling that he was Big Ten level talent? If I was stating that he was going to be all-big ten then I would be over selling.

Kid from my high school was first team all state, Indiana all star and runner up for me basketball. Wasn't a big caliber talent

How does that mistake make his point moot? It's a roster with gifted kids, the deepest IU has been...maybe ever.

75%

How many PG we got?

Newkirk? Maybe (I hope so)
RJ? Not as primary (and still a question if he could be part-time)

Green?

We may have a lot of POTENTIAL, but questions that still require answers.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Over selling that he was Big Ten level talent? If I was stating that he was going to be all-big ten then I would be over selling.

I think Holt would have turned out to be a really good player. He had a real strong base and the well documented wingspan of a condor. We'll find out more about his ability this year at Providence. I really liked Davis too. He was 1st team JC All-American last year and I expect he'll make a big impact at Houston. IU came out alright with Morgan and Anunoby so it all worked out in the end.

Nothing in the post was worthy of a reply...as usual with your posts...opinion stated as fact. The surprising thing was that there wasn't any evidence of forum policing.
If there was forum policy your hateful 8 and Sam BS would've gotten you suspended...not to mention your meltdown this morning. Eight of us were laughing our butts off...thanks for that, a bad day that you made better

Now tell me again about how losing eight 4-5 stars is more or less the same as losing Bam....that was hilarious !!!!

If there was forum policy your hateful 8 and Sam BS would've gotten you suspended...not to mention your meltdown this morning. Eight of us were laughing our butts off...thanks for that, a bad day that you made better

Now tell me again about how losing eight 4-5 stars is more or less the same as losing Bam....that was hilarious !!!!

Enjoy your evening. Tom Crean is still the coach at IU regardless of your silly rants. If and when he is replaced, I'll support the incoming coach in the same manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT