ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Offers Luka Garza

Comparing RMK to CTC in BTT is an excellent point?

Yes, it is. How many tries did you want RMK to have? You sound like my granddaughter asking for a do over. Only one coach on that list even broke .500, barely. The only ones to have too small a sample size is Sampson \ Dakich. Not one IU coach in history on the men's basketball side has had good fortune in the Big Ten Tournament. I'm sorry, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts. Opinions, have all you want.

Last edited:
becauseIknow you are trying to educate ignorance and those with a obvious agenda at the same time it wont work. You have made some excellent points.

It really has more to do with the idea they are so firm in their belief that even when good things are happening, they will fight it. IU could go to the Final Four this upcoming season and these guys would still complain. It is who they are. Some people are bitter to the end.

As for educating ignorance.....The Big Ten Tournament started in 1998. Bob Knight was fired in 2000 after 29 years at IU....and 11 Big Ten regular season titles. Thats one every three years. There is absolutely nothing comparable in the Tom Crean era at IU....unless you wish to shed light on the disparity.

Three years in the Big Ten tournament after 29 years as IU's head coach does not reflect RMK's conference success....not even close. RMK won a national title every 9 1/2 years at IU on average...so we can therefore expect Crean to cut down the nets next season....since we are making comparisons with Knight which are favorable to Crean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shirtsandskins
As for educating ignorance.....The Big Ten Tournament started in 1998. Bob Knight was fired in 2000 after 29 years at IU....and 11 Big Ten regular season titles. Thats one every three years. There is absolutely nothing comparable in the Tom Crean era at IU....unless you wish to shed light on the disparity.

Three years in the Big Ten tournament after 29 years as IU's head coach does not reflect RMK's conference success....not even close. RMK won a national title every 9 1/2 years at IU on average...so we can therefore expect Crean to cut down the nets next season....since we are making comparisons with Knight which are favorable to Crean.

I'm not comparing the totality of Knight to Crean. Where do you ever get that sense?

The Big Ten Tournament is one of many events Knight coached in, right? Did he have success in that tournament? Has any IU coach had success in that tournament? It's ok to point out that Knight was very good in the Big Ten RS and the NCAA tournament (sans the last six years), but struggled like every other IU coach in the BTT. Why does pointing out the facts bother you?

Yes, it is. How many tries did you want RMK to have? You sound like my granddaughter asking for a do over. Only one coach on that list even broke .500, barely. The only ones to have too small a sample size is Sampson \ Dakich. Not one IU coach in history on the men's basketball side has had good fortune in the Big Ten Tournament. I'm sorry, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts. Opinions, have all you want.
You take the tail end of RMK's career at IU - some of his worst basketball teams in his career - and compare them to the BEST of Tom Crean and call it equal? Wow!

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
I'm not comparing the totality of Knight to Crean. Where do you ever get that sense?

The Big Ten Tournament is one of many events Knight coached in, right? Did he have success in that tournament? Has any IU coach had success in that tournament? It's ok to point out that Knight was very good in the Big Ten RS and the NCAA tournament (sans the last six years), but struggled like every other IU coach in the BTT. Why does pointing out the facts bother you?
3 does not = 8...so comparing Knights BTT tournament success or lack thereof to Crean's is bogus. Regular season titles? Fine...compare them since Crean hasn't won the BTT either.

ADVERTISEMENT