ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump wins, what kind of negative inflation numbers are you expecting.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
do you think he can get food and basic goods prices to say 2016 levels? will wages continue to increase as prices drop?

do you think he can get food and basic goods prices to say 2016 levels? will wages continue to increase as prices drop?
prices aren't coming down. people are conditioned to pay these prices now. this is a Biden F up and legacy. and will only get worse with more biden as he wants to give more money away that will give rise to additional inflation. biden is a moron. prices will likely go up under trump too w/ his plan for tariffs. so both are shit in this regard.

as for houses hopefully something gives rise to additional inventory, regs are put in place to curb corp ownership air b&b's etc. desperately need more inventory. if inlfation is tamped down rates will drop back down hopefully around 5% and that'll help too. people aren't giving up 2 percent for 7 percent

prices aren't coming down. people are conditioned to pay these prices now. this is a Biden F up and legacy. and will only get worse with more biden as he wants to give more money away that will give rise to additional inflation. biden is a moron. prices will likely go up under trump too w/ his plan for tariffs. so both are shit in this regard.

as for houses hopefully something gives rise to additional inventory, regs are put in place to curb corp ownership air b&b's etc. desperately need more inventory. if inlfation is tamped down rates will drop back down hopefully around 5% and that'll help too. people aren't giving up 2 percent for 7 percent

Reactions: DANC

If fried chicken prices do not drop, there will be a revolt. A bloodbath, if you will.

How important are U.S. Presidents when it comes to the cost of food and other goods we buy ?
think of it like this hoot. joe biden has fifty years of gov. he doesn't have the foggiest idea of how business works. then he surrounded himself with progressives who just want to give everything away. so with this administration you have the blind leading the blind. not an ounce of common sense.

think of it like this. all of the sudden you have no bills. just a total freeze on your obligations. THEN you start getting free checks in the mail. so what will people do. buy shit. of course. and as demand goes up so too do the prices. we see it time and time again with car dealers and tax time. you watch the ads start up from the car lots. why? because they know people will get their tax returns. a lump sum of cash they wouldn't otherwise have. so they'll go spend it. that was biden with stim

You don’t need Trump or that bum Biden. Adopt the Bitcoin Standard and watch prices fall like a pair of panties when snarlcakes walks through the bedroom door.

You only need two things in this life, Kurt. Hard money and a hard cock. Everything will fall into place if you have those things. Now go get drunk and play some golf.

Last edited:
I just googled it. People bitching like crazy over fast food chicken prices 🤣🤣
I can get two thighs and a really good biscuit down here at Golden Pantry for $5.25. Is that bad? The chicken is damn good.

Or, can get back home and go to Costco for a big slice of pepperoni pizza and a Pepsi for $2.86.

Who the hell needs to go to Burger King for a $24 Whopper meal?

Rates are driving a lot of this. 3% here and nothing back home. We’d sell both and do a permanent house here if rates weren’t nearly 7%.

think of it like this hoot. joe biden has fifty years of gov. he doesn't have the foggiest idea of how business works. then he surrounded himself with progressives who just want to give everything away. so with this administration you have the blind leading the blind. not an ounce of common sense.

think of it like this. all of the sudden you have no bills. just a total freeze on your obligations. THEN you start getting free checks in the mail. so what will people do. buy shit. of course. and as demand goes up so too do the prices. we see it time and time again with car dealers and tax time. you watch the ads start up from the car lots. why? because they know people will get their tax returns. a lump sum of cash they wouldn't otherwise have. so they'll go spend it. that was biden with stim

MM66, sounds as if you didn't get your stimulus check and signed letter from President Donald J. Trump in 2020.

You are probably like me as under Trump I was taking in so much money I hardly noticed the stimulus check :).

MM66, sounds as if you didn't get your stimulus check and signed letter from President Donald J. Trump in 2020.

You are probably like me as under Trump I was taking in so much money I hardly noticed the stimulus check :).
Biden sent us over the edge. Trump certainly contributed and who knows he might have been as bad as Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I can get two thighs and a really good biscuit down here at Golden Pantry for $5.25. Is that bad? The chicken is damn good.

Or, can get back home and go to Costco for a big slice of pepperoni pizza and a Pepsi for $2.86.

Who the hell needs to go to Burger King for a $24 Whopper meal?
Related story: I went to see Oppenheimer in the theater last week. Ordered a popcorn. Girl asked me if I wanted the combo with a drink. I said sure, I was thirsty. The coke cost $8.50.!

I cancelled the order.

Very important. Government spending is what drives inflation.
so US spending caused world wide inflation....tell us more.

But then be sure to differentiate the trillions trump added to the deficit and what was spent by biden and how one was fine and the other was bad.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey

But then be sure to differentiate the trillions trump added to the deficit and what was spent by biden and how one was fine and the other was bad.
We’ve shown you the impact of stimulus. Over and over. And you ask this question? So you’re lying again aren’t you. Or are you just really really stupid?

I’ll tell you more. You’re dumb. Unfortunately, it’s not what makes you annoying. It’s your inability to have a discussion about anything in good faith. All of this could be forgiven if you had just a little bit of a personality. Unfortunately, you lack that as well.

Related story: I went to see Oppenheimer in the theater last week. Ordered a popcorn. Girl asked me if I wanted the combo with a drink. I said sure, I was thirsty. The coke cost $8.50.!

I cancelled the order.
What did you think of the movie?

At least you got to see a really good movie. But $8.50 is ridiculous.
It is ridiculous, but it's not because of inflation - soft drinks at movies have always been ridiculous.

I wouldn't even say the movie is 'really good'. Interesting, but more from a historical perspective and any insight to the man, imo. And the imaginary scene of him banging the girl in the hearing room was ridiculous.

Do tax cuts count as stimulus?
tax cuts are stimulus but of a difft nature. as are credits. there's a difference between write offs and having actual money in your mailbox to spend. so you get a child tax credit you can utilize for deductions at year end. that's different than a tax credit that converts to a monthly check that shows up in your mail box

What did you think of the movie?
Liked it. Glad I saw it in the theater. Thought the performances were top notch. Nolan is my favorite director of his generation, probably of the 21st century.

All in all, I think they gave Oppenheimer too much of a pass as a human being (didn't mention his forcing himself on a woman when younger, for example, although he said he had "problems" to Florence Pugh), but they kept him as ambiguous as you can for a protagonist in a major motion picture (ditto Paul Atreides in Dune, by the way).

Reactions: twenty02 and DANC
It is ridiculous, but it's not because of inflation - soft drinks at movies have always been ridiculous.

I wouldn't even say the movie is 'really good'. Interesting, but more from a historical perspective and any insight to the man, imo. And the imaginary scene of him banging the girl in the hearing room was ridiculous.
Okay. Point taken. But there are so few movies today that I find interesting or worthwhile that when we do find something watchable then I maybe oversell it. For example, we saw The Boys in the Boat and thought it was great. Several decades ago it might have just been “good.”

There’s just so, so much dreck these days that anything with a story gets a head start on being watchable. Tried to watch Asteroid City and said, “What is this fvckin’ shit?”

Okay. Point taken. But there are so few movies today that I find interesting or worthwhile that when we do find something watchable then I maybe oversell it. For example, we saw The Boys in the Boat and thought it was great. Several decades ago it might have just been “good.”

There’s just so, so much dreck these days that anything with a story gets a head start on being watchable. Tried to watch Asteroid City and said, “What is this fvckin’ shit?”
Tv has been better than movies for some time. I’m excited for the new season of the bear. I was surprised by how good it was. And great music

Reactions: ulrey and Cortez88
Liked it. Glad I saw it in the theater. Thought the performances were top notch. Nolan is my favorite director of his generation, probably of the 21st century.

All in all, I think they gave Oppenheimer too much of a pass as a human being (didn't mention his forcing himself on a woman when younger, for example, although he said he had "problems" to Florence Pugh), but they kept him as ambiguous as you can for a protagonist in a major motion picture (ditto Paul Atreides in Dune, by the way).
Love Dune. Read the book 50 years ago. I haven't seen the second movie yet, though.

I thought the acting in Oppenheimer was superb, but the casting of Matt Damon as the General was kind of laughable, imo. Would have been better with an unknown or a reguarl character actor. I didn't even know it was Robert Downey Jr. until about halfway through the move.

I just thought it was kind of uninspiring and couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to make Oppenheimer seem anti-war or war monger.

Good movie, but way too long, imo, and drug in a lot of places. Disappointing movie, to me, based on all the hype.

Reactions: BradStevens
Love Dune. Read the book 50 years ago. I haven't seen the second movie yet, though.

I thought the acting in Oppenheimer was superb, but the casting of Matt Damon as the General was kind of laughable, imo. Would have been better with an unknown or a reguarl character actor. I didn't even know it was Robert Downey Jr. until about halfway through the move.

I just thought it was kind of uninspiring and couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to make Oppenheimer seem anti-war or war monger.

Good movie, but way too long, imo, and drug in a lot of places. Disappointing movie, to me, based on all the hype.
Very interesting. I think the board would benefit greatly from a monthly if not weekly movie review from you. Raise the bar of this place a bit

• Haha

If a 3 hr movie can hold my interest the whole way through, it's good. Especially when I already know the story.

Re that scene, I thought it was a good way of demonstrating what Mrs.Oppie must have been feeling as he told the story of sex with his mistress. To her, it felt as if he was having sex right in front of her.

Of course, she was a much more complicated person in real life. They showed her essentially handing off their first born in the movie; she also did it with their later born daughter. I'd love to know what became of their kids.

Do tax cuts count as stimulus?
I'd like to get one to see if they do. Trump sure didn't give me one. The current rates expire in a year or two... I am hoping they revert back to what they were previously.

Very interesting. I think the board would benefit greatly from a monthly if not weekly movie review from you. Raise the bar of this place a bit
Hell, I'm lucky if I get to the theater once a year. And I'm pretty sure my tastes are different than most - I'm told by friends I'm way too picky.

I just finished Masters of the Air last night on Apple. Started out so slow and then got interesting as the characters are known and developed. Problem with trying to portray the air war in Europe was that crews just didn't survive that long, before the invasion. Hard to develop characters when they die off after a few missions. It's not on par with BoB and The Pacific, but it's well worth watching.

The ambiguity of Oppenheimer was one of the points. He was a complicated man and his stances changed. One is left wondering if his stances changed because his thinking changed or to protect his legacy (the "prosecutor" does a great job of ramming that home during his "interrogation" in the one scene).

If a 3 hr movie can hold my interest the whole way through, it's good. Especially when I already know the story.

Re that scene, I thought it was a good way of demonstrating what Mrs.Oppie must have been feeling as he told the story of sex with his mistress. To her, it felt as if he was having sex right in front of her.

Of course, she was a much more complicated person in real life. They showed her essentially handing off their first born in the movie; she also did it with their later born daughter. I'd love to know what became of their kids.
Well, I have to say I made it through the whole movie without having to go take a pee, so it held my interest, too.

One of the other long movies that I made it through was Schindler's List. I felt frozen in place the entire movie.

Hell, I'm lucky if I get to the theater once a year. And I'm pretty sure my tastes are different than most - I'm told by friends I'm way too picky.

I just finished Masters of the Air last night on Apple. Started out so slow and then got interesting as the characters are known and developed. Problem with trying to portray the air war in Europe was that crews just didn't survive that long, before the invasion. Hard to develop characters when they die off after a few missions. It's not on par with BoB and The Pacific, but it's well worth watching.
I'd rank it ahead of The Pacific, which I never finished.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT