ADVERTISEMENT

I saw a old friend tonight.

Eh, I'm a cranky middle-age man from the party of cranky old men...but I can't vote for Republicans either. I feel like I'm in the grocery wandering around looking for those little packets of yeast. Why do they make those things so hard to find?
If you can’t vote for Republicans then you never were one! You’re a Rino.

Vietnam Vet, labor union until retirement. " I have been a democrat my entire life but I can't vote for them". Losing labor is a huge problem for a blue wave.
I have a co-worker who is a rock solid republican and could not vote for a lying piece of crap like the orange menace and wont vote for him next time...& he is voting for Donnelly as well. Thinking human beings, moderates, and independents are a huge problem for republicans.

Oh, & this one time at band camp...

Eh, I'm a cranky middle-age man from the party of cranky old men...but I can't vote for Republicans either. I feel like I'm in the grocery wandering around looking for those little packets of yeast. Why do they make those things so hard to find?
Been wandering that stupid grocery for 26 years, I think I got lost in a Stephen King novel......and I am not cranky, I am up to grouchy on my way to crochetity...what the hell is crochetity, got to be a fake news word started by the Russian mafia.......did the Doctor send earth back to the nineties. ....ugh NO THANK YOU , it gets old deciding which one is being stupider than the other that would be the power structures known respectively as the Democratic and Republican parties respectively since the structure of our government does not provide a viable third option.

I have a co-worker who is a rock solid republican and could not vote for a lying piece of crap like the orange menace and wont vote for him next time...& he is voting for Donnelly as well. Thinking human beings, moderates, and independents are a huge problem for republicans.

Oh, & this one time at band camp...
Pssssst...... if he is voting Donnelly, he isn’t a Repub. He is toast.

Reactions: Lucy01
Pssssst...... if he is voting Donnelly, he isn’t a Repub. He is toast.
Sorry to burst your false reality bubble. He is, and has always been a registered Pub...he no more wants anyone who supports this moron of a president than I do. It is really irrelevant if Donelly wins...& I wouldn't be so cock sure that he wont.

If you can’t vote for Republicans then you never were one! You’re a Rino.
16237348.jpg

Reactions: Scott S and Lucy01
My nemesis is toothpicks. I've learned to look for paper plates, then fan out. Even so, I've wasted many a miserable hour shambling back and forth down the Kleenex aisle, mumbling obscenities and scaring away young mothers with small children.

The POTUS is a RINO.
I’m curious as to why the troll Hack is liking this post. The troll Hack is as staunch a Trump defender as you’ll find and he doesn’t think I’m a conservative. Yet he likes a post declaring Trump is not a conservative.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills

I’m curious as to why the troll Hack is liking this post. The troll Hack is as staunch a Trump defender as you’ll find and he doesn’t think I’m a conservative. Yet he likes a post declaring Trump is not a conservative.

I think he is a RINO .... I don’t think he really has a party affiliation. This was a concern when he won the nomination for myself. I think the Dems have completely misread and misplayed the Donald. They could have had a controlling interest in him but made a fatal mistake by trying to go head to head. His makeup is to fight. He enjoys it. The republicans in Washington hated him and were against him. If the Dems were smarter about it, they would have played that more. Instead they pushed him right into their arms.

Do you really think Trump wouldn’t had responded to Chuck Schumer and the NY State elites reaching out to embrace him ? Goodness.....

I think he is a RINO .... I don’t think he really has a party affiliation. This was a concern when he won the nomination for myself. I think the Dems have completely misread and misplayed the Donald. They could have had a controlling interest in him but made a fatal mistake by trying to go head to head. His makeup is to fight. He enjoys it. The republicans in Washington hated him and were against him. If the Dems were smarter about it, they would have played that more. Instead they pushed him right into their arms.

Do you really think Trump wouldn’t had responded to Chuck Schumer and the NY State elites reaching out to embrace him ? Goodness.....

So the Left should have accepted him with open arms, but since they didn't, he went with the party whose arms he was pushed into? :rolleyes:

Nope...he's all yours, and will go down as a Republican President. Deal with it.

So the Left should have accepted him with open arms, but since they didn't, he went with the party whose arms he was pushed into? :rolleyes:

Nope...he's all yours, and will go down as a Republican President. Deal with it.
I’m fine with it....in fact happy about it. He very well may name 3-4 SC Justices and the Dems continue to make it more and more easy to see that a Conservative lean will be on the court for decades to come. They just flat out said they weren’t going to work with him....he didn’t have a choice and I’m glad it happened.

You aren't the crazy one.

Translation..... only uneducated men would believe this.... if only we had a party full of educated people to deliver us.....
Education correlates with support but probably isn't explanatory...Kavanaugh, for example, is a highly educated man. You probably have a degree or two yourself. Trump and Trumpism is entirely about status. My thought is that people who are really concerned about a loss of status are particularly attracted to Trump. The people most concerned about a loss of status these days also happen to more often be less educated white men. My guess is that a taste for excessive drinking combined with sexual aggression towards incapacitated young women are also tendencies that can be crippling in terms of educational and social advancement. If Kavanaugh's behavior can cause him to lose status then it can certainly cause those men to lose status as well. So they are particularly positively predisposed to Trump and Kavanaugh.

Education correlates with support but probably isn't explanatory...Kavanaugh, for example, is a highly educated man. You probably have a degree or two yourself. Trump and Trumpism is entirely about status. My thought is that people who are really concerned about a loss of status are particularly attracted to Trump. The people most concerned about a loss of status these days also happen to more often be less educated white men. My guess is that a taste for excessive drinking combined with sexual aggression towards incapacitated young women are also tendencies that can be crippling in terms of educational and social advancement. If Kavanaugh's behavior can cause him to lose status then it can certainly cause those men to lose status as well. So they are particularly positively predisposed to Trump and Kavanaugh.
I will drink a bud light to that:)

Vietnam Vet, labor union until retirement. " I have been a democrat my entire life but I can't vote for them". Losing labor is a huge problem for a blue wave.
That's very interesting.
My neighbor, a staunch God-fearing Trumpian, has had it with that vulgar hypocrite big mouth draft-dodger, and will vote for anybody but Trump in the next election.

That's very interesting.
My neighbor, a staunch God-fearing Trumpian, has had it with that vulgar hypocrite big mouth draft-dodger, and will vote for anybody but Trump in the next election.
Not me I am voting for Trump and Mike Braun:D
What about Bill Clinton? He was a draft dodger.

Reactions: mikewoodson2
Not me I am voting for Trump and Mike Braun:D
What about Bill Clinton? He was a draft dodger.
What a surprise!
Bill Clinton?
Is he running for a president or something again? Yeah, my neighbor did not vote for Clinton either.
Are you happy now?:D

You aren't the crazy one.
Of course I’m not. I’m a real conservative. Sure I lean moderate on some issues, but my views are expressly in line with Hayek’s classical liberalism - which is traditional American conservatism.

The #NewGOP has hijacked the term “conservative” and uses it completely wrong. They are not economic freedom-fighters. They do not believe in the necessary public institutions. They are a collection of know-nothings and populists. Trolls like Hack don’t understand this and think that “supporting 2nd Amendment without discussion” is “conservative.”

Of course I’m not. I’m a real conservative. Sure I lean moderate on some issues, but my views are expressly in line with Hayek’s classical liberalism - which is traditional American conservatism.

The #NewGOP has hijacked the term “conservative” and uses it completely wrong. They are not economic freedom-fighters. They do not believe in the necessary public institutions. They are a collection of know-nothings and populists. Trolls like Hack don’t understand this and think that “supporting 2nd Amendment without discussion” is “conservative.”

You're a real conservative, a Goldwater conservative.

There is a 3rd group of Trump supporters, which are the stock market only crowd. We have a couple on this board. They consistently vote republican and they respond to everything by saying, "but the stock market is up".

Sorry to burst your false reality bubble. He is, and has always been a registered Pub...he no more wants anyone who supports this moron of a president than I do. It is really irrelevant if Donelly wins...& I wouldn't be so cock sure that he wont.
IF and only if your friend lives in Indiana then he is not a "registered" anything. You don't register by party under Indiana law. Your party identification, if any, is based upon which party's primary election you usually vote in.

We all see just a small slice of the world. It's a matter of whether we recognize it as a small slice, or whether we fool ourselves into thinking we're looking at a wedge. In my sliver of the world, most echo Zeke. They have been patiently, but not idly waiting two years for the 2018 election. Some had started to become numb, but no longer; the anger has returned. And just in time. Thanks Donald, Mitch, Lindsey, Chuck, and Brett.

You're a real conservative, a Goldwater conservative.

There is a 3rd group of Trump supporters, which are the stock market only crowd. We have a couple on this board. They consistently vote republican and they respond to everything by saying, "but the stock market is up".
Here's the Dow-Jones chart over the last 10 years:
https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

I
don't know about you guys' eyes (I don't mean you you, toastedbread! :oops:), but to me it looks like a near-straight line for the last 10 years. If I am not mistaken, 8 of them covers Obama years. The boom started soon after Obama took office. Why anybody lauds the tail end of the last 2 years, but ignore the previous 8 is beyond me, well except for the extreme partisans.

If the market tanks in the next 2 years, which is quite possible, will these same partisans blame Obama for setting the trap? :(

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT