ADVERTISEMENT

I asked elsewhere but your key guy is TJD

Nope. And he won't be next year either. For our sake, I hope that he returns though.

Nope. And he won't be next year either. For our sake, I hope that he returns though.
Odds might be against it, but if he not only develops a consistent mid/long range shot and USES it, he will go in first round. Again, IF.

According to NBADraft.net, yes

I should also note that he was barely Top 60 a few weeks ago but his stock went way up with his end of season run of performances, FWIW

Odds might be against it, but if he not only develops a consistent mid/long range shot and USES it, he will go in first round. Again, IF.

I would happily settle for TJD developing a short range shot (8-10 feet). The likelihood of him developing a long range shot is in the “I hope to win the lottery“ category.

Reactions: mk30 and medred
Max Christie is listed in nbadraft.net as a first rounder, any chance Izzo let’s him go?

Christie #22, TJD #26 (as of today).

I think he comes back.
Something esp with some NIL money people seem to not factor in. He may enjoy his life right now. No clue but likely Dale isnt sleeping in a van down by the river somewhere . Lots of people would love to go back and have one more yr of that time in their life. He has to know he isn't going to be a lottery pick this year so maybe some other things are part of his decision?

Max Christie is listed in nbadraft.net as a first rounder, any chance Izzo let’s him go?

Christie #22, TJD #26 (as of today).
Max wants to get to the NBA ASAP. Izzo doesnt hold anyone back.
MAx could transfer to another college as it seems his parents thought he sh be a lottery pick.
A few that stayed a 2nd yr are doing quite well Gary Harris and Miles Bridges.

I'd trade you Max for TJD in a NY sec

Max wants to get to the NBA ASAP. Izzo doesnt hold anyone back.
MAx could transfer to another college as it seems his parents thought he sh be a lottery pick.
A few that stayed a 2nd yr are doing quite well Gary Harris and Miles Bridges.

I'd trade you Max for TJD in a NY sec
only saw Max a couple times this season....didn't think he was anywhere near ready to be a 1st rounder. But I don't watch NBA anymore so what do I know....

I should also note that he was barely Top 60 a few weeks ago but his stock went way up with his end of season run of performances, FWIW
No way I would take Ivey before Smith and Banchero. Also Houston has very similar guard in Jalen Green that finally found a reliable shot at end of Houston's season but no matter who drafts first my pick wouldn't be Ivey.

Three of the top six picks are from the big ten and we still could not get past the sweet sixeteen.

I would happily settle for TJD developing a short range shot (8-10 feet). The likelihood of him developing a long range shot is in the “I hope to win the lottery“ category.
And use his right hand.
But I do not think it will be our player anymore.

He seems to be pretty solid from the FT line area. But rarely takes the shot when there. Does seems to have much confidence outside of 5ft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT