ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve changed my mind.

Aloha, got a question for you.

In terms of percentages aren't the MAGAs and extreme liberals both a minority within the Democrat and Republican parties in spite of all the political rhetoric devoted to them.
They carry the day. Second most lib senator this century with a progressive vp and the three time republican nominee. The rest is noise

All the stars I’ve seen show both are minorities. Significant minorities to be sure.
Aloha, did a little research and came up with a couple of links which may surprise both of us.

In respect to MAGAs they, at least for now, may represent a majority within the Republican Party according to this link. the link in part states...

An NBC News poll found that 52 percent of Republicans consider themselves supporters of the MAGA movement and a Monmouth poll found it’s actually 66 percent. What does that mean for politics and governance?

As to extreme liberals in the Democrat Party this link has this to say...

Reflecting their name, Progressive Left have very liberal views across a range of issues – including the size and scope of government, foreign policy, immigration and race. A sizable majority (79%) describe their views as liberal, including 42% who say their views are very liberal – double the share of the next largest group (20% of Outsider Left).

So in summary MAGAs represent 52-66% of the Republicans, and extreme liberals (very liberal) make up 42% of the Democrat Party if you believe the polling.

Personally, I hate labels, as in my view, many of us don't precisely fit the label on every issue. Having said that, all too many label themselves and make a stand on an issue based on their self designated label.

Last edited:
Aloha, did a little research and came up with a couple of links which may surprise both of us.

In respect to MAGAs they, at least for now, may represent a majority within the Republican Party according to this link. the link in part states...

An NBC News poll found that 52 percent of Republicans consider themselves supporters of the MAGA movement and a Monmouth poll found it’s actually 66 percent. What does that mean for politics and governance?

As to extreme liberals in the Democrat Party this link has this to say...

Reflecting their name, Progressive Left have very liberal views across a range of issues – including the size and scope of government, foreign policy, immigration and race. A sizable majority (79%) describe their views as liberal, including 42% who say their views are very liberal – double the share of the next largest group (20% of Outsider Left).

So in summary MAGAs represent 52-66% of the Republicans, and extreme liberals (very liberal) make up 42% of the Democrat Party if you believe the polling.

Personally, I hate labels, as in my view, many of us don't precisely fit the label on every issue. Having said that, all too many label themselves and make a stand on an issue based their self designated label.
Isn’t that those that consider themselves MAGA plus those that lean MAGA?

There was a time, during The Cold Wsr for example, when just about everyone wanted our president to be successful.

We wanted to prove. to the world our capitalist/democratic republic system provides for ordinary citizens better than communism.
I agree with wanting to prove to the world capitalism works. It’s why I’m a Bitcoiner.

Reactions: DANC
I agree with wanting to prove to the world capitalism works. It’s why I’m a Bitcoiner.

Same could be said of those who own a cross section of American stocks along with other income producing assets.

Also cannot forget business owners/managers, workers, consumers, retirees, those on disability, and the list goes on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT