ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve changed my mind.

Little notebooks in front pockets can be deceiving

Falling Down GIF
Can't. Stop. Laughing

For years that was a running joke with my old work crew.
guess what i bought last night?
what?
a short-sleeved dress shirt....😆😆

How is it the GOPs fault if Harris is a terrible President for 4 years? If you want to argue people like you (Harris voters) are too dumb to have agency and it makes you not responsible for your votes, you might be right.

However, I was trying to treat you as an adult who has agency and is responsible for their own votes and actions.
Somebody learned a new word. Your opinion is for $hit given that you believe it’s ok to assault police officers and threaten Congress and we should all just move on, We really have nothing to talk about. You keep right on making America great with the disassembly of vital parts of the Federal government.
Trump certainly had agency when he sat on his gigantic, fat a$$ and ate and watched police officers getting beaten and was encouraged by it. We are done here. I’m gonna go let my balls drop so that I can forget about that.
FFS. What a fvcking world we live in with this $hit.

That's an uncalled for and over the top post. There is zero evidence that he or his party had jack squat to do with either assassination attempt. The shooters were/are both nuts - as most shooters are.
The never -Trump rhetoric and actions are doing enormous damage to our important institutions.

It has caused the FBI to lie to the FISA court and slow walk important investigations
It has turned 51 serious intelligence people into stupid hacks.
It has caused media to toss objectivity into the dumpster
It has destroyed government accountability.
It has caused important people in the criminal justice system to rip the blindfold off of Lady Justice
It has diminished election confidence
It has corrupted social media

Lower tides causes anything that floats to run aground, from the most luxurious super yacht to the smallest junker. When important people say Trump is a threat to Democracy and must be stoped at by any means necessary, you better believe them.

The never -Trump rhetoric and actions are doing enormous damage to our important institutions.

It has caused the FBI to lie to the FISA court and slow walk important investigations
It has caused important people in the criminal justice system to rip the blindfold off of Lady Justice

Lower tides causes anything that floats to run aground, from the most luxurious super yacht to the smallest junker. When important people say Trump is a threat to Democracy and must be stoped at by any means necessary, you better believe them.
It’s sad that I have to say that I disagree with you on almost all of that. Never-Trump rhetoric and actions caused none of that. Just to focus on one of those claims - election confidence. NO ONE has done more to undermine election confidence than DJT. That’s not debatable and it saddens me that you’d attempt to move the blame from where it obviously belongs to elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: hoosierdug

They have slow walked no investigations. Bill Barr headed up the JD, ffs. What are you even talking about? There’s no there, there.
What 51 intelligence people? What are you even talking about?
Media to toss objectivity in the dumpster. What “media” had to pay $788 million dollars to Dominion for lying to its viewers about voter fraud? That objectivity? Again, WTF are you even talking about? For the record, there are many, many Republicans on MSM because their Grand Old Party has been hijacked by a con man, demagogue.
The only diminished election confidence is because Trump did and continues to lie about the results of the 2020 election. He lost. There were no fraudulent votes. To say so is bull$hit. That’s Bill Barr’s word, not mine.
Social media was and continues to be attacked by foreign adversaries , specifically Russia and China.
You reap what you sow. Trump has used violent rhetoric far more than any other person in higher office, over the last 8 years.

There were no fraudulent votes.
There is absolutely no way to know this. None! Election integrity is based on the good faith of those in charge, and frankly, the shenanigans of the Democrats in all their Trump nonsense has shown they do not operate in good faith. (Colorado, Vermont) The Democrats are in charge in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. A handful people there who really believe in Trump must be stopped by any means necessary is all it takes.

Well said Professor. Class is in session.

NO ONE has done more to undermine election confidence than DJT.
That just false. Trump took no action to undermine voter integrity, not ever. All he did was shoot off his big mouth, which really means nothing.

The democrats not only steadfastly oppose every integrity measure offered by republicans, they enact measures to undermine integrity. I’ve already explained the Pennsylvania law Shapiro signed. Motor-voter registration w/o proof of citizenship, and then not requiring proof other than a sworn statement to cast a ballot is batshit crazy. Yet that is exactly what Democrats are doing wherever they can.

There is absolutely no way to know this. None! Election integrity is based on the good faith of those in charge, and frankly, the shenanigans of the Democrats in all their Trump nonsense has shown they do not operate in good faith. (Colorado, Vermont) The Democrats are in charge in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. A handful people there who really believe in Trump must be stopped by any means necessary is all it takes.
So you’re not a Never-Trumper and you’re directly attempting to lessen our confidence in our elections. There has been no election more closely scrutinized than the 2020 election. Audit after audit, investigation after investigation, and lawsuit after lawsuit have happened. There has been no evidence of any significant voter fraud anywhere that could possibly have altered the election results. Trump hired a data analysis expert to try to find voter fraud. Spent quite a bit on that and the guy found absolutely no evidence of it and then wrote a book on his findings. This really has to stop. I have no idea how you got sucked into this Trump lie, but it’s absolutely a lie. Trump lost in a legitimate election that was in no way altered by election fraud. That’s the bottom line and it absolutely embarrasses the shit out of me that so many Republicans are willfully ignoring this fact.

Last edited:
Audit after audit, investigation after investigation, and lawsuit after lawsuit have happened.
I know all about audits and investigations. I’ve litigated a few. Audits are down stream from marking and casting a ballot. If a ballot is improperly voted, no audit can catch it. If people know how to do it, a ballot that is improperly Tabulated is very hard to catch.

It’s sad that I have to say that I disagree with you on almost all of that. Never-Trump rhetoric and actions caused none of that. Just to focus on one of those claims - election confidence. NO ONE has done more to undermine election confidence than DJT. That’s not debatable and it saddens me that you’d attempt to move the blame from where it obviously belongs to elsewhere.
Are you at least a little pissed off with the 51 former intelligence agencies lying and committing election interference in 2020?

Trump lost in a legitimate election that was in no way altered by election fraud. That’s the bottom line and it absolutely embarrassed the shit out of me that so many Republicans are willfully ignoring this fact.
I never said otherwise. The whole post election challenge/litigation apparatus is not intended to uncover deep-seated fraud. The timelines are way too short. The whole voting system really relies on the pre-election processes, not the post election reviews. That is why I said Trump could get nowhere with his post election complaints and he was doing damage to his own and the GOP cause.

But that is far different from saying the election was legit. We already know about the laptop deception that involved big media, social media, the FBI, and even the debate host. Not that they were engaged in a conspiracy , but they were all singing from the same page of music. That pervasive public lie is enough to make me wonder about what they got away with.

I know all about audits and investigations. I’ve litigated a few. Audits are down stream from marking and casting a ballot. If a ballot is improperly voted, no audit can catch it. If people know how to do it, a ballot that is improperly Tabulated is very hard to catch.
In other words, there is NO evidence for voter fraud from an audit, investigation or lawsuit, but you'll pay lip service to it anyway?

Reactions: Stuffshot
We don’t even have to imagine it. All it took was DeSantis appearing to be a formidable primary candidate for leftists and their corporate media surrogates to jump in with accusations of being fascistic and “even more dangerous than Trump”.

Good rule of thumb for Democrats. Every successive Republican nominee represents a greater existential threat than any nominee previous.
So, your theory is that Democrats drove Desantis out of the Presidential contention?

Here's a tip -- Desantis had major Republican opposition to his pursuit of the nomination:

Are you at least a little pissed off with the 51 former intelligence agencies lying and committing election interference in 2020?
Not really. Two reasons. I think all but maybe one of them (maybe) 100 percent believed that it looked like a Russian interference operation because it did. They've said this after the fact, but no one wants to listen to them. Second reason is though I think the laptop should have been covered more than it was by the media (NY Post and Fox covered it), I honestly don't see how the laptop thing could have mattered. The Republicans have had the laptop for four years now and still found nothing on it that ties President Biden to anything criminal. Hunter is a drug addict and a sleazebag, but he wasn't running for President. Also, everyone already knew that.

I never said otherwise. The whole post election challenge/litigation apparatus is not intended to uncover deep-seated fraud. The timelines are way too short. The whole voting system really relies on the pre-election processes, not the post election reviews. That is why I said Trump could get nowhere with his post election complaints and he was doing damage to his own and the GOP cause.

But that is far different from saying the election was legit. We already know about the laptop deception that involved big media, social media, the FBI, and even the debate host. Not that they were engaged in a conspiracy , but they were all singing from the same page of music. That pervasive public lie is enough to make me wonder about what they got away with.
Saying the election was not legit without any evidence that it wasn't is wrong. Flat wrong. Trump, and you, are helping to destroy confidence in our elections and it must stop.

In other words, there is NO evidence for voter fraud from an audit, investigation or lawsuit, but you'll pay lip service to it anyway?
I don’t know what “lip service” means. My position is that we have no way of knowing if 2020 election, or any election, was a solid reliable election. Election reliablity is mostly based upon faith in the system. The Democrats pandemic-related election alteration, the various hoaxes, the steadfast opposition to integrity measures, and more all raise doubts. Marc Elias is way ahead of the Republicans with this. He now is retained by the Harris campaign.

I don’t know what “lip service” means. My position is that we have no way of knowing if 2020 election, or any election, was a solid reliable election. Election reliablity is mostly based upon faith in the system. The Democrats pandemic-related election alteration, the various hoaxes, the steadfast opposition to integrity measures, and more all raise doubts. Marc Elias is way ahead of the Republicans with this. He now is retained by the Harris campaign.
Come on COH. Many of those pandemic changes, maybe even most, were put in place by Republican administrations and legislatures. There is no reason, I repeat, no reason, to doubt the integrity of that election. It's really one of the biggest beefs I have with Trump (voter fraud and irregularities are a lie) and with MAGAs because they believe this lie. It's absolutely destroying civility in the country. Countries don't last with incivility like we're developing.

Not really. Two reasons. I think all but maybe one of them (maybe) 100 percent believed that it looked like a Russian interference operation because it did. They've said this after the fact, but no one wants to listen to them.
The person working on the laptop thought it was Hunter’s. The FBI knew within days or hours after it was handed over to them that it was Hunter Biden’s. There was a 12 minute video of Hunter on it. They were clearly lying.

Here's what Barr said:

And Barr actually investigated it. Nonetheless, you say you still "wonder about what they got sway with." Just idle, pointless speculation.

Saying the election was not legit without any evidence that it wasn't is wrong. Flat wrong. Trump, and you, are helping to destroy confidence in our elections and it must stop.
They think their inflammatory assertions make them sound like they have important inside information that no one else knows about.

The person working on the laptop thought it was Hunter’s. The FBI knew within days or hours after it was handed over to them that it was Hunter Biden’s. There was a 12 minute video of Hunter on it. They were clearly lying.

Yes, I said it should have been reported on more than my NYP and Fox. It was all over social media as well. The bottom line is that after four years they've found nothing on it to tie Joe Biden to any criminal behavior. What would have happened in two or three weeks? I think nothing much.

Here's what Barr said:

And Barr actually investigated it. Nonetheless, you say you still "wonder about what they got sway with." Just idle, pointless speculation.
Barr didn’t investigate. Yes I am speculating. But given known Democratic conduct, I think it has a rational basis, albeit, one that can never be proven . The Democrats’s election integrity positions are simply too consistently lenient. Plus they lie about important stuff.

Do you deny election integrity is mostly an article of faith, or do you think the provisions In place in all places offer foolproof evidence of safe, solid, and secure elections?

Come on COH. Many of those pandemic changes, maybe even most, were put in place by Republican administrations and legislatures. There is no reason, I repeat, no reason, to doubt the integrity of that election. It's really one of the biggest beefs I have with Trump (voter fraud and irregularities are a lie) and with MAGAs because they believe this lie. It's absolutely destroying civility in the country. Countries don't last with incivility like we're developing.
What difference does it make who enacted the energency voting measures.? They made voting less secure. Tgat should be a given.

I didn’t say I doubted the integrity of the election. I said, and stand by, the election process had less reliability and the Democrats oppose all measure to make elections more reliable. That plus their lies, media synchrony, and administration thumbs on the scale causes me to wonder what we don’t know

I am convinced that if people are committed to cheat in elections. It’s easier to do that now than before and that is because of Democrat efforts.

Barr didn’t investigate. Yes I am speculating. But given known Democratic conduct, I think it has a rational basis, albeit, one that can never be proven . The Democrats’s election integrity positions are simply too consistently lenient. Plus they lie about important stuff.

Do you deny election integrity is mostly an article of faith, or do you think the provisions In place in all places offer foolproof evidence of safe, solid, and secure elections?
Based on the election workers I've known, I've no doubt that there is election integrity. There will always be human error but, as Bill Barr said, there was no evidence of widespread fraud that would change the election outcome.

On the other hand, Trump was told his election fraud claims were false but he kept asserting them anyway without any proof.

It's one thing to have private reservations about something, but you guys are basically saying "there was fraud because I suspect there was fraud" and then demandimg public action be taken based only on your suspicions. That's not a "rational basis" as you claim.

Hell, your own post admits you are "speculating" and your suspicions "can never be proven."

Based on the election workers I've known, I've no doubt that there is election integrity.
Election integrity is not determined by percentages of people in good faith. It must be 100% for everyone everywhere. We have never had that, but we have been willing to accept a certain level of problems in some precincts in some places. Everything is different now. Mail and other measures have made it easier for a small number of politically dishonest people to have a greater impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT