ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve changed my mind.

So is the government not going to fix it? What other entity has the power to "fix" it.
There are these 2 little loops, one on each side of a pair of work boots. Insert a finger in each and pull up. That is the most powerful fix possible.
Government simply need to remove barriers and regulations, instead of adding more.

I'm not sure I agree. If the Dems keep running the type like Kamala or Grandpa Joe, there is a chance they get smoked if Republicans go back to moderate, sensible politics.

But, I won't hold my breath.

The best thing that could happen, IMO, is for OG Republicans and Populists to come to an understanding on border and immigration policies. The OG position was largely represented in the form of Sen. Lankford's proposed bill -- essentially that they're up for a more orderly and less chaotic influx of migrants, but not so much for closing the valve. While a lot of people said that Trump himself scuttled that bill, the truth is that the 5K/day tolerance it had made it a non-starter for most Republicans. Many people asked the obvious question: if you can close down the border once it reaches 5k/day, why can't you do it at zero?

Well, because they don't want to. But rare is the politician -- Republican, Democrat, or otherwise -- who will come out and admit this. The prevailing sentiment in the political establishment is that the health of our economy is reliant on this source of labor. While there's an argument to be made for that, the politics on this has shifted quite a bit in the last few years.

And that, too, was represented not only by the emergence of that Senate bill, but also in the messaging that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both have given on border security. Voters pretty much across the board are fed up with the border situation. So, for me, I think it would be wise for the OG Republicans to continue moving in the Populists' direction....on that issue (but not on matters like trade and foreign policy).

The broader context of all this, though, is that we're already in a very precarious situation in fiscal terms. We've known it was coming for a long time. Now it's here. And, from where I stand, neither party is anywhere near prepared to deal with it with their current policy platforms and governing visions.

Yeah. As much as we make fun of her rambling on like this, I don't think that it's hurting her at all. Most people aren't policy wonks. They just want to feel good about a candidate. Harris saying crap like this makes them feel good. Joyful, and all that. If this was a basketball game, we're looking at Harris playing the four corners and running out the clock. She doesn't need to score.

It's not her fault. She was simply the one standing in front of the chair when the music stopped. It's the Republican party's fault (or specifically, Trump voters' fault) that they're in a position to lose to this.
She’s there bc of identity politics. The Dems are not without blame too

The best thing that could happen, IMO, is for OG Republicans and Populists to come to an understanding on border and immigration policies. The OG position was largely represented in the form of Sen. Lankford's proposed bill -- essentially that they're up for a more orderly and less chaotic influx of migrants, but not so much for closing the valve. While a lot of people said that Trump himself scuttled that bill, the truth is that the 5K/day tolerance it had made it a non-starter for most Republicans. Many people asked the obvious question: if you can close down the border once it reaches 5k/day, why can't you do it at zero?

Well, because they don't want to. But rare is the politician -- Republican, Democrat, or otherwise -- who will come out and admit this. The prevailing sentiment in the political establishment is that the health of our economy is reliant on this source of labor. While there's an argument to be made for that, the politics on this has shifted quite a bit in the last few years.

And that, too, was represented not only by the emergence of that Senate bill, but also in the messaging that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both have given on border security. Voters pretty much across the board are fed up with the border situation. So, for me, I think it would be wise for the OG Republicans to continue moving in the Populists' direction....on that issue (but not on matters like trade and foreign policy).

The broader context of all this, though, is that we're already in a very precarious situation in fiscal terms. We've known it was coming for a long time. Now it's here. And, from where I stand, neither party is anywhere near prepared to deal with it with their current policy platforms and governing visions.
Home run with every post. Mercy

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
I know you hate Trump, but she's an utter disgrace of a selection.
Trump is not an option. I consider him utterly unfit and I'm very much serious about it. He has none of the traits needed to be President, plus I believe he's mentally unstable and getting worse.

She’s there bc of identity politics. The Dems are not without blame too

Maybe. But they're going to win. Hell, they actually played it beautifully. Installed the alternative candidate at the last possible second to avoid any chance of significant scrutiny. Just put a Not Trump t-shirt on someone and count the votes. It just happened to be Harris.

The Republicans are the ones that created this scenario.

Last edited:
You aren't kidding. I wish I could con my way into VP of the U.S. and a Presidential candidate by speaking like a middle schooler. I'm too logical for that.

Becomes DA of a major city, AG of the largest state and a congressman then maybe you can. That shouldn’t be too difficult.

Becomes DA of a major city, AG of the largest state and a congressman then maybe you can. That shouldn’t be too difficult.
Flunked the bar. Banged her way into the political machine. Then got elected in a deep blue state with their help. Got destroyed in her primary. But the summer of love identity politics hit so Biden wanted a black woman. He becomes mushy peas and she circumvents a primary and gets the spot. Lots of luck and to her credit opportunistic. But she has no business being the leader of the free world

She would not have won in a crowded primary. How she got the spot perfectly embodies her party

Flunked the bar. Banged her way into the political machine. Then got elected in a deep blue state with their help. Got destroyed in her primary. But the summer of love identity politics hit so Biden wanted a black woman. He becomes mushy peas and she circumvents a primary and gets the spot. Lots of luck and to her credit opportunistic. But she has no business being the leader of the free world

She would not have won in a crowded primary. How she got the spot perfectly embodies her party

Did you pass the bar?

Trump is not an option. I consider him utterly unfit and I'm very much serious about it. He has none of the traits needed to be President, plus I believe he's mentally unstable and getting worse.

This thread wasn't about Trump though Aloha. This was about how bad the other candidate is. I'm not saying you still cannot find a reason to vote for her, but this is embarrassing. All of her speeches and answers to questions are embarrassing.

This thread wasn't about Trump though Aloha. This was about how bad the other candidate is. I'm not saying you still cannot find a reason to vote for her, but this is embarrassing. All of her speeches and answers to questions are embarrassing.

It seems beyond obvious to me that both of the candidates we have suck.

I know that the binary nature of our presidential elections makes it inevitable that this leads to a foodfight over which one sucks more. And I won't begrudge anybody for engaging that. I've done it myself plenty of times and I'm no hypocrite. And the fact remains, sadly, that one of these two is going to end up as our next president.

But count me out of it.

More people are figuring out they can vote themselves preferential treatment, free cheese, equity of outcomes, etc. The inmates will increasingly be running the asylum.🙁
"those who work for a living are becoming outnumbered by those who vote for a living"

Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT