ADVERTISEMENT

How do you sell the fan base .Running this back again.

No respectul Power 5 coach would go to IU given the delusion fan base.
You wish. So funny you have a good team and you still fret about IU’s next coach lol.

Our fanbase is a huge selling point. We show up to games, we donate, and if you are just decent you get plenty of time. If you are able to be great, there is not much better than IU.

Only reason is if you have an agreement from certain parties to reduce buyouts etc… other than that I’ve given up on this bunch.

I agree IU can be fun again. However, my wife and I have had great season tickets since the end of the Knight era until now. We are seriously thinking about not renewing our seats next year. We agreed that the first year of Crean was more enjoyable to watch than this year. That team had no talent but a lot of heart and hustled and gave it all. Our ticket money could really upgrade a decent vacation into an incredible one. When you start to lose homers like me and my wife you have problems. We will probably re-up, but coming from a guy who grew up here and graduated from IU, I would just like to be IU again. Play great D and hit shots that our effective motion offense sets up. I'm a bigger IU football fan than basketball, but I love both programs, and I can honestly say that I am more optimistic about Cignetti's future than Woodies. Go Hoosiers!

I agree IU can be fun again. However, my wife and I have had great season tickets since the end of the Knight era until now. We are seriously thinking about not renewing our seats next year. We agreed that the first year of Crean was more enjoyable to watch than this year. That team had no talent but a lot of heart and hustled and gave it all. Our ticket money could really upgrade a decent vacation into an incredible one. When you start to lose homers like me and my wife you have problems. We will probably re-up, but coming from a guy who grew up here and graduated from IU, I would just like to be IU again. Play great D and hit shots that our effective motion offense sets up. I'm a bigger IU football fan than basketball, but I love both programs, and I can honestly say that I am more optimistic about Cignetti's future than Woodies. Go Hoosiers!
Sad to hear. The consequences of bad coach hires…

IU can get a solid coach and make IU enjoyable to watch and get good again. Portal & NIL changes everything
I agree. Fans are thinking old environment. Totally different now. Contrary to popular belief, it really doesn’t take a decade to rebuild a college basketball program. People should expect results early. That is reality now.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
So am I: BUT so fare, as hopeful as I am about IU football, Coach Cig has yet to do ANYTHING on game day to support my optimism. I'll be able to validate my optimism at the end f next season.

So am I: BUT so fare, as hopeful as I am about IU football, Coach Cig has yet to do ANYTHING on game day to support my optimism. I'll be able to validate my optimism at the end f next season.

Football here better get decent and more attention. It’s non-negotiable. It’s what is driving every fast-moving change you see today, including the Big and SEC breaking away from the NCAA.
Basketball is riding shotgun here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT