ADVERTISEMENT

how many BIG teams get into the tournament?

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
just looked at the standings what a mess, a whole bunch of average, didn't realize how bad a year Mich st was having compared to expectation weren't they like top 5 preseason. looking at the standing just pisses me off more of how we screwed this season up, easily have a top 4 roster in this league.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
just looked at the standings what a mess, a whole bunch of average, didn't realize how bad a year Mich st was having compared to expectation weren't they like top 5 preseason. looking at the standing just pisses me off more of how we screwed this season up, easily have a top 4 roster in this league.

Locks: Purdue, Illinois
Should be in: Wisconsin, Nebraska
Work to do: Michigan State, Northwestern
Minimum of playing Sunday in BTT: Iowa, OSU

I’d guess 6 get in when it’s all said and done.

The fact that OSU is on this list says a great deal about the B10 this year (as they made a coaching change midway through the season). Outside of PU, there’s no reason IU shouldn’t be competing with any other conference team.

Edit: Or, I should say, there is only one obvious reason that IU isn’t getting it done.

Ohio st still has a chance, how? just looked up standings they are a game behind us, and we beat them 2x

I'm going to say 6. PU, IL, WIsc, Neb, MSU and NW.

As for deep B1G tourney run..weren't we told that the committee pretty much has it figured out before the weekend and the tourney run is not as important as we think?
Whats crazy, or not crazy, IU could win out in conference, win a thursday B1G game, beat one of Purdue, Illinois or Wisconsin on Friday, then one of those three again, to make it to Sunday, and at best, be in the group of first four out. Only way, as we all know is to win conf tournament. No shoot... If they could have held off Kansas, 11-9 gets them in, or 10-10 and 1-1 or 2-1 in conf tournament. This team with Sampson, (Using him as example) probably finishes 14-6 and tied for 2nd in conference this season. Woodson has to go.

Reactions: BleedinGold

The B10 show I saw last night I believe used Decourcy's predictions and he said 6 and Iowa was in the first 4 out at the moment.

Probably too many. Looks like the bubble this year is pretty crappy. Tons of parity these days.

so, in theory if you had 9 quad 1 wins and lost the rest of your games you would get into the tournament?
No, just saying that when the committee is comparing the resumes of two bubble teams to try and figure out which one to take and which one to exclude, the one that has some quality wins is going to get the benefit of the doubt.

No, just saying that when the committee is comparing the resumes of two bubble teams to try and figure out which one to take and which one to exclude, the one that has some quality wins is going to get the benefit of the doubt.
I guess that was my point OSU is 6-11 in the big 10 how are they a bubble team.

They are not....yet.
If they were to win their last three though, they could play themselves onto it. Winning those three and one game in the BTT would give them a 25 to 50% in my mind. From there is would depend on bid thieves.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

But all but 1 or so get bumped out early and that 1 is questionable based on recent history. BIG is very weak this year.

All I want is to see Purdue play another 16 seed again this year and get beat again!!!!!

That would be record breaking.... two years in a row that they were beat by 16 Seeds.

Talk about pressure on the team!!! :)

I have no idea, but I agree that PU and Illinois are locks.

I firmly believe that Nebraska is in, and Northwestern should be.

Wisconsin currently is on the dreaded last 10 swan dive but have some important wins. I don't know losing to Indiana might be a death sentence. LOL

In my opinion the rest all have work to do but some have better resumes than others.

Any team below .500 in their respective conference should not get an at-large bid to the tournament. IDC how good the conference is, I would rather see 2 to 3 Valley teams over a 6-11 B1G (or 9-11 if they win out).

Purdue
Illinois
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Nebraska
Probably Michigan State but I think they need to win 2 of their last 3.

I doubt anyone else makes it but officially Iowa still has a slight chance.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Purdue
Illinois
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Nebraska
Probably Michigan State but I think they need to win 2 of their last 3.

I doubt anyone else makes it but officially Iowa still has a slight chance.
Too many. That’s how many

They have a decent shot at finishing 9-11 in conferenced with wins over #2 and #14 with 3 Q1 wins. They'd need to do work in the B10 tournament, but they'd be really close on that bubble.

BIG is very weak this year.
Yeah it's weak but I wouldn't say very. B1G is still rated as the 2nd toughest conference this year by Kenpom, NET and Torvik. 6 to 7 bids is probable with most of them being lower seeds.

Ohio st still has a chance, how? just looked up standings they are a game behind us, and we beat them 2x
They're really starting to put it together and are going to be a real pain in the BTT. Their strength is in their sophomore and freshmen classes and that new HC (after firing Holtmann) seems to have energized that team

I’m not so sure about Michigan State - yes they beat Baylor but other than that not much. Metrics love their SOS. If they win tomorrow at Purdue - 9.5 point underdog - then yes. It could all come down to that final game at IU and I will be rooting for IU over Michigan State all day every day.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
I hope Purdue beats them by 30. I'd love to see MSU miss the dance this year with their senior/talent laden group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT