ADVERTISEMENT

How bout that stock market?

Some guy here in Bloomington that owns a garage/used car spot seems to like to collect them, but doesn't do anything with them. Bob Jones Radiator 923 S Walnut. Google street view it...he's had two of them out front just sitting there for the 7 years we've been here.
I know him. Went to high school with him. His Grandfather was Bob. Nice local business.

Reactions: mattndallas
No way man.

Got a Chevelle, a Cutlass Supreme, and a first year Z3 I can barely keep up with, plus a friggin motorhome sitting down at Buddy Bill's bait shop because I can't park it in the neighborhood...I need to be sellin. 😄
I miss buddy bill. One of a kind.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I was actually considering running down and checking out this MF'er for my wife. 😄 $48k, 32k miles. Aftermarket woody on a gunmetal gray package.

640x480

Just don't get lost in East St. Louis..... lol

No way man.

Got a Chevelle, a Cutlass Supreme, and a first year Z3 I can barely keep up with, plus a friggin motorhome sitting down at Buddy Bill's bait shop because I can't park it in the neighborhood...I need to be sellin. 😄
Hooky's Carmel neighbors would love it if you could store the motorhome at his place

Depends on what you're buying and the year. A family member has restored 44 Willyy that's a tank. I had a '92 Grand Cherokee that went over 240k miles before I sold it. Like any other long-running make with multiple models, they've had their ups and downs as they've been bought and sold.
I've had 2 Envoys since the 'new' model came out in 2002. One got 220k on it before I traded it in and the other over 200k before I sold it. Both ran great when I got rid of them.

Of course, they quit making them.

Good ad. More please.

As I said 3 years ago. "Working" can be bad or good, depending on what the end goal is. Democrats goal is to make everyone poor and subservient to their anointed power. In that sense... They are making very good progress and slowly chip away at it every time they can. Technically, she is not lieing. She's just telling the truth so boldly, that the slaves don't realized they are getting "penetrated".
Honestly, the best place to hide a total bold face lie, is right infront of peoples faces. They never expect someone to look them in the eye and rape them. The Dem's have perfected this. That is what we are fighting against and those poor fools fight us, for fighting for them.

When do we leave for the mountain? I'm about spent.

Some guy here in Bloomington that owns a garage/used car spot seems to like to collect them, but doesn't do anything with them. Bob Jones Radiator 923 S Walnut. Google street view it...he's had two of them out front just sitting there for the 7 years we've been here.
Bob Jones WAS THE SHIT !!! Been there MANY MANY times. I think he was previously (1974-5) up north by cascades park on north 37... WELL before HWY 37 to indy was ever built.
I watched him soldier up a 3" hole, with one hand and the soldier stick in his lips. $7 as I recall... All hail Bob Jones !!!

I've had 2 Envoys since the 'new' model came out in 2002. One got 220k on it before I traded it in and the other over 200k before I sold it. Both ran great when I got rid of them.

Of course, they quit making them.
Guys are now pulling the 4.2 and the 5.3 LS and hot rodding them. The 4.2 is actually starting to make some pretty big numbers on the dyno. Calling them the American barra.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Just don't get lost in East St. Louis..... lol
Omg in the late 60s or early 70s late one Saturday night after a Cardinal game our family got lost in E St Louis. Dad eventually stopped at a McDonald’s for directions. I think we ran a few red lights until we got out of there.

Guys are now pulling the 4.2 and the 5.3 LS and hot rodding them. The 4.2 is actually starting to make some pretty big numbers on the dyno. Calling them the American barra.
The 4.2 can make a pretty good case (along with its 2.9, & 3.7 variants) as the biggest pos engine platforms of the last 25 years…

Omg in the late 60s or early 70s late one Saturday night after a Cardinal game our family got lost in E St Louis. Dad eventually stopped at a McDonald’s for directions. I think we ran a few red lights until we got out of there.

Mom used to eff with us every time we drove through E. St. Louis.

mom: oh crap, boys, something's wrong with the car. we're gonna have to pull over.

us: NOOOOOO!!! WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mom: okay, okay, I think we're good

us: (whimpering, sweating, heaving)

mom: :cool:

Thanksgiving, 1973, some of us who lived in Indiana and Illinois were in a car headed home from training at Goodfellow AFB, TX. We had taken off after our day was done and we were driving through St. Louis and very low on gas around 4 or 5 am the next day. We didn't realize the situation in E. SL, so we pulled off to get gas. No station was open yet, so we waited until one opened around 6. The owner pulled up next to us and rolled his window down and said "What are you boys doing here?" "Waiting for gas" "OK, I'm gonna fill up your tank and then you best get the hell out of here" It was getting light by then and we could see the situation..... "YES SIR".

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Thanksgiving, 1973, some of us who lived in Indiana and Illinois were in a car headed home from training at Goodfellow AFB, TX. We had taken off after our day was done and we were driving through St. Louis and very low on gas around 4 or 5 am the next day. We didn't realize the situation in E. SL, so we pulled off to get gas. No station was open yet, so we waited until one opened around 6. The owner pulled up next to us and rolled his window down and said "What are you boys doing here?" "Waiting for gas" "OK, I'm gonna fill up your tank and then you best get the hell out of here" It was getting light by then and we could see the situation..... "YES SIR".
Our experience may have been in your time period. I lose track of the time that long ago. Things were tense and a car with 5 white folks in it were not welcome in that neighborhood.

It hasn't been great for awhile now. But, July was awfully slow for me. I wouldn't be surprised if July's mfg numbers are dismal. Talking to other mfg's and most people are down 25%-50%. I haven't been into a restaurant that was full in months either.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It hasn't been great for awhile now. But, July was awfully slow for me. I wouldn't be surprised if July's mfg numbers are dismal. Talking to other mfg's and most people are down 25%-50%. I haven't been into a restaurant that was full in months either.
The company we use for packaging inserts said they are getting ready to lay some folks off they’re so slow. They are a good indicator bc they have so many different companies with various products that use them

The company we use for packaging inserts said they are getting ready to lay some folks off they’re so slow. They are a good indicator bc they have so many different companies with various products that use them
We are in the packaging industry too. Like them, we are in many different industries. We consider our industry the "canary in the coal mine".

I’ve noticed the same thing the past 6-8 weeks. If people aren’t going out to eat in Hamilton County, it’s not good.
My construction clients are busy but they aren’t backed up six months to a year like they had been. Most are concerned.

This is gonna be bad.....

Restaurants are closing like crazy in Charlotte. I saw that Bucca di Beppo's has closed in Indy.
Some friends were talking yesterday about many of our restaurant experiences. Higher costs, smaller portions, and even some of my longtime favorites don't taste the same. I think some of these places are using cheaper ingredients.

I feel for them.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Some friends were talking yesterday about many of our restaurant experiences. Higher costs, smaller portions, and even some of my longtime favorites don't taste the same. I think some of these places are using cheaper ingredients.

I feel for them.
Low grade (sports bars) and mid grade restaurants are awful now. Shitty food. Expensive. Terrible service. No hot bartenders/servers

Low grade (sports bars) and mid grade restaurants are awful now. Shitty food. Expensive. Terrible service. No hot bartenders/servers
Same with some of my favorite Chinese places. One has been open over 70 years and the last few times it's been bad. I've given up going there.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’ve noticed the same thing the past 6-8 weeks. If people aren’t going out to eat in Hamilton County, it’s not good.
I'm not questioning your observation, but why do you think people stopped going out to eat 4-8 weeks ago? Two months ago things seemed rather rosy. Did all of those people staying home to eat know something (or experience something) that the rest of us didn't? I mean, they weren't all working for packaging companies, etc.

We have not seen a slowdown in work, including deals, acquisitions, product development, etc. If anything it's been the opposite. Now, we may start seeing things slow a bit given what is going on. Of course some of that will be overly reactionary, possibly resulting in a self-fulfilling prophecy (at least in part).

On Jan 1 I received a substantial cash downpayment from the sale of my practice. Against my brokers advice I put it all in CDs for around 5.25%. He woke me up this morning to tell me buying opportunities are coming. 😂

I'm not questioning your observation, but why do you think people stopped going out to eat 4-8 weeks ago? Two months ago things seemed rather rosy. Did all of those people staying home to eat know something (or experience something) that the rest of us didn't? I mean, they weren't all working for packaging companies, etc.

We have not seen a slowdown in work, including deals, acquisitions, product development, etc. If anything it's been the opposite. Now, we may start seeing things slow a bit given what is going on. Of course some of that will be overly reactionary, possibly resulting in a self-fulfilling prophecy (at least in part).
I’m not sure. My assumption is a combination of covid stimulus money being depleted and inflation. At some point something had to give and people are tightening the belts. Discretionary spending is the first to go.

I’m not sure. My assumption is a combination of covid stimulus money being depleted and inflation. At some point something had to give and people are tightening the belts. Discretionary spending is the first to go.
Credit card debt is at record highs isn't it? I think a lot of people having finally reached their breaking point.

Even breakfast places weren't busy. Rosie's with no wait was a first. I sat at the bar at Pies and Pints for dinner last week, and it was just me. It's been like that all summer.
I really like Pies and Pints. Really good beers, salads, and pizza. Have you ever eaten at Pizzology? It’s great and should be opening back up in the next several weeks.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT