ADVERTISEMENT

Hope y'all stay safe from these climate change- fueled storms

I'm on the Board of a nonprofit that owns a meetinghouse facility. House across the street had a limb take down a power line and the house caught fire. Surge fed into our building and started a small fire in the ceiling and burned out some interior wiring. It's a mess. Looks worse than it is but we're out of business for a while.

• Wow
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I got a message from Bloomington Country Club that they were closed and “everything is a mess”.

So since most of the gas stations in town don't have power, those that do are running out of gas. About all you can buy now is premium.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
They expect power on everywhere by midnight tomorrow. Of course, some people, a couple thousand, have already gotten power back. Having been around, that seems wildly optimistic. The damage seems worse than the derecho. But this was pretty much Monroe only, so more crews are available to help.

I do know that I've grown to hate the one person with a generator I can hear in the neighborhood.

They expect power on everywhere by midnight tomorrow. Of course, some people, a couple thousand, have already gotten power back. Having been around, that seems wildly optimistic. The damage seems worse than the derecho. But this was pretty much Monroe only, so more crews are available to help.

I do know that I've grown to hate the one person with a generator I can hear in the neighborhood.
Was it a tornado or just straight line winds?

That’s good news

One of the neighbors said he heard that same midnight tomorrow prediction. I'm not optimistic but hope that is the case.

We got lucky and got the electrical damage at my nonprofit building fixed today. Waiting on the inspection before Duke will turn the power back on.

I'm such a sick bastard that my biggest concern is getting power and cable back by 9.00 pm tomorrow.
Why? I am certain there is nothing on at that time. I told friends if faced with a choice of the debate or a root canal, I choose the root canal.

We got power 30 minutes ago. Xfinity says internet will be restored July 3. But I am connected through my Wi-Fi so I am skeptical.

Around 5 there were maybe 8 trucks and 20 people working in our immediate area.

One of the neighbors said he heard that same midnight tomorrow prediction. I'm not optimistic but hope that is the case.

We got lucky and got the electrical damage at my nonprofit building fixed today. Waiting on the inspection before Duke will turn the power back on.
I am surprised that there’s not a lot of damage to trailers in your park. Seems like that wind would have wreaked havoc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT