ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers

Ever notice how every team we play was weak after we pummel them - after saying that game would be our 'first true test'.

We've passed every test and we're legit. Doesn't mean we can't lose. But we're clearly one of the top teams in the league and nation.

That was exactly my point. Every fvcking game, starting with UCLA, we hear "this will be their first true test." It's become comical.

Seriously?

This is your first Kangaroo Court fine.

Don’t get caught up in real football euphoria and slide into the abyss.
Your honor, it was just a side distraction late at night while flipping through channels. Had I known I would run across a soccer match, I'd have never started channel surfing.

But.... well..... IU was playing and, you know.... uh.... I just couldn't help myself.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Your honor, it was just a side distraction late at night while flipping through channels. Had I known I would run across a soccer match, I'd have never started channel surfing.

But.... well..... IU was playing and, you know.... uh.... I just couldn't help myself.

981r5n.jpg

So I watched clips from Gameday, and they were talking about Corso's first game and the Hoosiers jumping off the bus to take the field. I remember being in the student section, full of excitement at the prospect of a new season with a new coach who had the reputation of being "eccentric" and a little wacky...We're all looking around wondering where the IU players were because the other team was already warming up and the clock to kickoff was ticking down...

Suddenly out of nowhere this Big red double decker bus pulls into Memorial stadium and Corso jumps out followed by the team. They are running like mad men and the crowd roared.I don't think it's a sight I'll ever forget, although the details of the game are hazy and I'd have to google to even be able to tell you who the opponent was.

Anybody else in Memorial stadium that day?

So I watched clips from Gameday, and they were talking about Corso's first game and the Hoosiers jumping off the bus to take the field. I remember being in the student section, full of excitement at the prospect of a new season with a new coach who had the reputation of being "eccentric" and a little wacky...We're all looking around wondering where the IU players were because the other team was already warming up and the clock to kickoff was ticking down...

Suddenly out of nowhere this Big red double decker bus pulls into Memorial stadium and Corso jumps out followed by the team. They are running like mad men and the crowd roared.I don't think it's a sight I'll ever forget, although the details of the game are hazy and I'd have to google to even be able to tell you who the opponent was.

Anybody else in Memorial stadium that day?
That was a cool segment on Corso (although let that poor man retire, please), but it got me thinking.

Why the hell did IU fire him, anyway? He was literally coming off the best season in program history whent hey canned him.

You know the Dream Team creator played that alleged sport, now you admit to watching. The dream team, long-haired hippy commune types.

That was a cool segment on Corso (although let that poor man retire, please), but it got me thinking.

Why the hell did IU fire him, anyway? He was literally coming off the best season in program history whent hey canned him.
Huh?

• 1973: 2-9 (0-8)
  • 1974: 1-10 (1-7)
  • 1975: 2-8-1 (1-6-1)
  • 1976: 5-6 (4-4)
  • 1977: 5-5-1 (4-3-1)
  • 1978: 4-7 (3-5)
  • 1979: 8-4 (5-3)
  • 1980: 6-5 (3-5)
  • 1981: 3-8 (3-6)
  • 1982: 5-6 (4-5)
I did think it was unfair at the time to fire him when he went 5-6 with a victory over Purdue.

And Corso's non-conference schedule was a helluva lot harder than the cupcakes we play today.

Lee made football fun and his Sunday shows were epic.

Huh?

• 1973: 2-9 (0-8)
  • 1974: 1-10 (1-7)
  • 1975: 2-8-1 (1-6-1)
  • 1976: 5-6 (4-4)
  • 1977: 5-5-1 (4-3-1)
  • 1978: 4-7 (3-5)
  • 1979: 8-4 (5-3)
  • 1980: 6-5 (3-5)
  • 1981: 3-8 (3-6)
  • 1982: 5-6 (4-5)
I did think it was unfair at the time to fire him when he went 5-6 with a victory over Purdue.

And Corso's non-conference schedule was a helluva lot harder than the cupcakes we play today.

Lee made football fun and his Sunday shows were epic.
I got my years mixed up. For some reason I thought his last season was 79. Don't know what I was thinking.

Reactions: DANC

We’re nothing if not merciful.

As penance, you must refrain from wearing anything green between now and the Michigan State game.

Reactions: 76-1

No. He was coach when I got to IU which was the year after beating BYU. He had a barely winning season my Freshman year followed by two losing seasons. It was time for him to go.

The Godfather is a regular at Indiana Football games..usually holding court next to the bar in Henke Hall, similar to the card room at BCC. 😄

Todd is there some weeks, if they don't have games. Didn't see him yesterday...probably late flight back.

They're football fans.

No, but they have the security contract for game days next year. They get to wear cool windbreakers, with shawl collars, and red New Balance shoes. They face the crowd so they can’t watch the game but they can scope out the coeds in the stands, for the post-game party.
I picked up my minion last night. He had on a new pair of NB GRILLERZ and a baseball jersey. #myexisabitch

I was there yesterday. Heading south on 69 in the dark and it was a line of cars heading to Btown. Tailgating scene was immaculate even at 8:00am. Stadium was full about an hour before kick. Student section was nuts and the kids stayed til the end. I was with some friends and we would randomly look around and say “I never thought I’d see this.” It was truly incredible. #CigCignetti

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT