ADVERTISEMENT

Democrat Men

Lucky for her she's running for president in 2024 and not 2020.

How 'it happens in a high functioning democracy' is that she was the VP and the president stepped down. I know Republicans were hoping for a divided DNC and an infighting over who would be at the top of the ticket, but with Harris stepping up that didn't happen.

It's not like they picked her off the couch (pun intended).
It's exactly like they picked her off the couch.

My old firm merged with part of Greenberg traurig’s real estate group. They handled much of trump’s developments. That is exceptionally involved, complicated stuff from complex financing, to regs, etc. He’s a narcissist and moronic about much that is likely related but I promise he’s a very smart guy. Add in his branding marketing sense and yeah he’s smart. But olddddddddd
I wouldn't put much weight into Ohio's opinion about who is intelligent. He wishes he had Trump's CV.

I kind of get why you'd say that - most everything he's said and done for the better part of the last decade make him look like and idiot, asshole and buffoon and yet here he is.

My take is that he stumbled into the right notes during the 2016 election. People weren't crazy about Hillary and he was just batsh!t crazy and it resonated with enough batsh!t crazy people in the country. Even he didn't think he was actually going to win in 2016.

I'm not saying that's not true, but literally just about everything he's said and done publicly point to the contrary.

And wouldn't someone who's smart actually make money on business deals? It's well documented that had he just invested his inheritance instead of playing real estate developer he'd likely have more money today. He's also declared bankruptcy at least 6 times. And it's widely reported that had Mark Burnett not come along with The Apprentice to save his ass, he would have wallowed in financial ruin. I'm convinced that show rehabbed his image and made him look like a touch, competent business leader in the minds of what what eventually became the MAGA cult.

Sound more like to me he started on third, tripped on his dick stepping off base toward home and someone threw him a lifeline.

Did you enjoy Walz putting down Vance because he's a Yale grad?

Oops - so was Obama
Democrats are going to need to pick a side.

Its convenient right now because Harris and Walz are both pretty stupid and couldn’t get into elite schools.

But their power base is also kind of elite universities and their humanities programs

Do we hate people for overcoming their circumstances or support them?

If it’s Michelle Robinson, from South Shore, Chicago who ends up going to Princeton, that’s called overcoming your circumstances.

If it’s JD Vance from hillbilly town with drug addict parents. Well that is class privilege. Or at least white privilege.

Its convenient right now because Harris and Walz are both pretty stupid and couldn’t get into elite schools.

But their power base is also kind of elite universities and their humanities programs

If it’s Michelle Robinson, from South Shore, Chicago who ends up going to Princeton, that’s called overcoming your circumstances.

If it’s JD Vance from hillbilly town with drug addict parents. Well that is class privilege. Or at least white privilege.
Definitely white privilege

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and 76-1

No, it's a simple response counter to Vance campaigning and trying to get people to believe is some kind of blue collar, working class candidate instead of his actual background as an Ivy League post grad who evolved into a venture capitalist particularly under the guidance of Theil.

Unless you believe that's an experience that is common with most economic blue collar, middle class, union member working force.

The story outcome is a great, inspiring one that I would hope Vance understood how to better inspire others with that story, particularly to kids who come from legit blue collar environmental circumstances but no, he's supposedly trashed that community to try to profit off of it with the story he's told (I haven't seen it or read it so I could be mistaken but the vibe seems to be is he shits on that community).

So anyway, the actual Vance career isn't brought up to be reduced, it's just an effective campaign tactic to Vance trying to relate to that voter. A voter that Walz has been able to effectively relate to during his political career so far.

My old firm merged with part of Greenberg traurig’s real estate group. They handled much of trump’s developments. That is exceptionally involved, complicated stuff from complex financing, to regs, etc. He’s a narcissist and moronic about much that is likely related but I promise he’s a very smart guy. Add in his branding marketing sense and yeah he’s smart. But olddddddddd
And he was considered smart by democrats until he decided to run for president as a republican. They genuflected in his presence all those years begging for money and pictures with him.

Well watching Harris last night then listening to his ridiculous call to fox we’re cooked. He sounded like an old raging lunatic
I didn’t watch her. Whatever she’s says right now is a lie and she will do something different when elected. Was she wearing a camo hat during the speech? Those hats show just how stupid they believe the voters are. And it will work.

Better hope the Alohas of the world help elect a republican house and senate.

Reactions: DANC
I didn’t watch her. Whatever she’s says right now is a lie and she will do something different when elected. Was she wearing a camo hat during the speech? Those hats show just how stupid they believe the voters are. And it will work.

Better hope the Alohas of the world help elect a republican house and senate.
Oh yeah. It’ll be a bait and switch. She’s a radical progressive. But the Dem camp is sooooooo much smarter than trump. Dumped mushy peas. She seems downright young compared to trump. Ran from the woke bs. Talked tough on crime. Flags everywhere. Just totally emptied the Republican bullets. All while delusional trump is fighting with fox over polls.

It's wild that the guy that cakes on makeup, bronzer, wear girdles, stuffs 4 inch shoulder pads in his jackets, and makes unwanted sexual advances on women is seen as some sort of macho man.
Other countries see him as a tough guy...but sure,our media is what really matters. Idiot

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
It was just a month ago she learned that she'd be the nominee...

the-wire-clay-davis.gif

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Oh yeah. It’ll be a bait and switch. She’s a radical progressive. But the Dem camp is sooooooo much smarter than trump. Dumped mushy peas. She seems downright young compared to trump. Ran from the woke bs. Talked tough on crime. Flags everywhere. Just totally emptied the Republican bullets. All while delusional trump is fighting with fox over polls.
This is a vibe election. Policies and position papers won’t matter. This is an indictment of us. Not of Kamala or Trump.

So how do you explain Joe’s behavior at the debate? Just a week prior, Pelosi and others were telling us he’s sharp as a tack. How do you explain Harris’ behavior, the uncontrollable laughter at inappropriate times, the word salad shenanigans making even her most ardent supporters go, “Huh? What was that I just heard”?

Trump supports are leaving him? Really? Not in my neck of the woods. Not in my tribe of hardworking Americans. Haven’t they told you over there…since your attempted assassination setup went haywire, Independents, who previously wouldn’t lend him an ear, are as attentive as if EF Hutton himself was doing the talking.
No.

Our dialogue began with your Post No. 94 praising and defending Trump. When I pointed out even more of Trump's numerous failures, you immediately went to the Trump playbook by attacking Biden and Pelosi. Illogical.

No one can defend Trump by attacking Biden, Pelosi, etc. But it is absolutely hilarious watching Trump supporters like you try to protect Trump by attacking everybody else in the world.

You guys know he's indefensible. You know.

You have a very strange way of trying to assign things to people and only hearing what you want to hear. You’re at once very odd and not very bright.

He pinned you. And your stretch to racism is gross. But it is you.
Trump's claim that Harris is not black is gross, and your defense of Trump's statement is gross.

You two are just two old white guys with bad leg bones trying to dictate which minorities should call themselves black or not. Gross.

Ageism and anti-Trump sentiment is carrying her at present. If she holds up in debate and doesn’t “word salad” I think the Trumpers will need to take to the streets. Should be a fun November!
Ageism?? Ageism??

Someone is blaming Harris for talking about age after Trump told voters non-stop that the candidates' age was an issue in this election??

OK, if that's your best well-reasoned explanation.

IH, what do think about Clinton's convention speech when he admitted he was no longer at the top of game and reminded us he is only a year older than Trump.

Having said that, do admit we all age differently and at different ages.
Trump won't ever admit anything like that.

No, it's a simple response counter to Vance campaigning and trying to get people to believe is some kind of blue collar, working class candidate instead of his actual background as an Ivy League post grad who evolved into a venture capitalist particularly under the guidance of Theil.

Unless you believe that's an experience that is common with most economic blue collar, middle class, union member working force.

The story outcome is a great, inspiring one that I would hope Vance understood how to better inspire others with that story, particularly to kids who come from legit blue collar environmental circumstances but no, he's supposedly trashed that community to try to profit off of it with the story he's told (I haven't seen it or read it so I could be mistaken but the vibe seems to be is he shits on that community).

So anyway, the actual Vance career isn't brought up to be reduced, it's just an effective campaign tactic to Vance trying to relate to that voter. A voter that Walz has been able to effectively relate to during his political career so far.
I’ve seen this line a lot. That Vance trashes the rust belt.

His book does not hold back on some criticisms of the people he grew up around. There are anecdotes of people he worked with in a factory that would take a cigarette break every 30 minutes and stay out there way to long.

Naturally those people aren’t going to get ahead. And he’s right too point that out.

He talks about how some people would complain about Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer ruining their lives while they sat at home collecting government benefits and didn’t make any effort to hold down a stable job.

Self-Agency is a major theme in the book.

I would advise you and other Democrats to read the book before shooting your mouth off.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It's wild that the guy that cakes on makeup, bronzer, wear girdles, stuffs 4 inch shoulder pads in his jackets, and makes unwanted sexual advances on women is seen as some sort of macho man.
You're talking about Doug Emhoff, right?

Last edited:
You know the answer to why that is...and you openly support the person that's the central cause of what we're seeing.

Its beyond frustrating that a candidate as flawed as Harris is, is so impressive. But in comparison to the alternative, actually alternatives if you include Biden, she kinda is to a lot of people.
Whats so impressive? Just 6+ months ago, there was talk she needed removed from the ticket...No votes in her run for POTUS in 2019...Universally laughed at, mocked----by her OWN party. She has went from THAT, to suddenly the darling of the democratic party. Shes a media driven, meadia built, POTUS candidate....Whos accomplished what--as a politician?

I get you're saying--or I think you are saying, she SEEMS impressive due to the lack of substance of Biden/Trump.

Country deserves better. IMO, give me Trump. Life wasnt so bad under that guy. MOF, for a middle class dude as myself--things were MUCH< MUCH easier under his watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT