ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers still hold title to last Perfect Season

That's why "Few" teams have ever done it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82IU
I would've rooted for Gonzaga had they not been undefeated; however, Jim Nantz last night mentioning Indiana University on many occasions (along with other pundits/announcers..etc throughout the season) shows the value of having that record intact. So although not a big deal by any means, it should be something we would want to maintain.

3 straight out of the last 4 teams that have seen their undefeated season end, have all occured right here in Indianapolis. Only Indiana State's loss to Michigan State in '79 occured in Salt Lake City.

Looking back at history... I was wondering if we had beaten UK back in 1974-75 and gone on to go Undefeated.... would we be the first to go back to back undefeated during 74-75 & 75-76. Then upon researching... I see that UCLA was the only team to do it dating back to 1939. 1971-72 and 1972-73.

Another interesting fact.... since Gonzaga was the runner-up this year..... They have only had 4 seasons with double digit team losses since 1998-99. Of course.... this could very well be the conference that they play in that accounts for their winning records every year.

Just making conversation. 😁

Looking back at history... I was wondering if we had beaten UK back in 1974-75 and gone on to go Undefeated.... would we be the first to go back to back undefeated during 74-75 & 75-76. Then upon researching... I see that UCLA was the only team to do it dating back to 1939. 1971-72 and 1972-73.

Another interesting fact.... since Gonzaga was the runner-up this year..... They have only had 4 seasons with double digit team losses since 1998-99. Of course.... this could very well be the conference that they play in that accounts for their winning records every year.

Just making conversation. 😁
I think Gonzaga has won their conference almost every year since Few has been coach. It doesn't appear that Pacific, San Francisco, or BYU are much of a challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT