ADVERTISEMENT

if you want to feel old 42 years ago today IU beat North Carolina for the national title.

and 36 years ago today, IU beat Syracuse for the school's last national title
I feel old anyway, but thanks for this reminder. I was a senior at IU in '81. The whole day was a bit surreal with Reagan getting shot and the uncertainty around the game being played. But once it happened, it was a hell of a party all over Bloomington.

I was well out of school, teaching and coaching in '87. We had started spring break that week and I went to B'town that day to talk with a counselor about summer grad classes. The campus and town were pretty amped up. I also remember it snowed that day. I was back home to watch the game that night. That was a great weekend with the win over UNLV in the mix. Living in an area of So. IN with a huge population of UK fans in the area made it especially sweet.

I feel old anyway, but thanks for this reminder. I was a senior at IU in '81. The whole day was a bit surreal with Reagan getting shot and the uncertainty around the game being played. But once it happened, it was a hell of a party all over Bloomington.

I was well out of school, teaching and coaching in '87. We had started spring break that week and I went to B'town that day to talk with a counselor about summer grad classes. The campus and town were pretty amped up. I also remember it snowed that day. I was back home to watch the game that night. That was a great weekend with the win over UNLV in the mix. Living in an area of So. IN with a huge population of UK fans in the area made it especially sweet.
yeah, was surprised they played the game in 81. i think they had a pretty good idea he was going to survive or they wouldn't have. that 81 team to me was every bit as good as the 75 76 teams just took them a while to put it together. then Isiah leaves and Landon accident, could have been a mini-dynasty.

I won the NCAA pool at work-Hoosiers in 81 and the INDIANA hs champ the year with Scott Skiles. A good haul back then. None since then .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT