ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN - How Teri Moren Built Indiana into a Women's Basketball Powerhouse

All hail.
Even with the conference title won, I'm still interested to see how things go at Iowa. Will Coach Moren rest her starters, or will Iowa? I'm guessing neither will and they'll both just play it out.

Even with the conference title won, I'm still interested to see how things go at Iowa. Will Coach Moren rest her starters, or will Iowa? I'm guessing neither will and they'll both just play it out.
She knows her players and what is best. Too damned bad Woody doesn't have the same option about now.

Moren seems pretty regimented in her approach to the game/rotation. I'd expect at least the first half to be business as usual, i.e., play to win with a short bench. Lot to be said for sitting the Starters in the second half and 'letting the dogs loose' - the experience, playing time and satisfaction for those that don't see much floor time. Sure wouldn't bet on it however.

That was a great article. Never knew Teri Moren’s background and that she grew up a huge IU fan. I can see why choosing Purdue was best for her back then, but it’s nice to know her dream was always to coach IU and make them a powerhouse. She’s an awesome coach.

That was a great article. Never knew Teri Moren’s background and that she grew up a huge IU fan. I can see why choosing Purdue was best for her back then, but it’s nice to know her dream was always to coach IU and make them a powerhouse. She’s an awesome coach.
Yeah. It's funny that both our women's coach and their men's coach went to PU because they felt the had to. Not sure why the WL chamber never has latched onto that as a slogan: "West Lafayette, the place you choose when you have to to come!"

Reactions: Harry Hondo
Yeah. It's funny that both our women's coach and their men's coach went to PU because they felt the had to. Not sure why the WL chamber never has latched onto that as a slogan: "West Lafayette, the place you choose when you have to to come!"
Very different circumstances though. Moren went to Purdue, because she was too good of a player for the IU women’s program and Painter went there because he wasn’t good enough to get a scholarship from IU.

Frankly, if any of us could change history we’d want Knight to find a spot for MP. Think about this, Purdue has had 40+ years with their program in good hands and never had a big fall off like IU.

That said, I’m really happy for the women’s program. It looks like a dynasty in the making.

Very different circumstances though. Moren went to Purdue, because she was too good of a player for the IU women’s program and Painter went there because he wasn’t good enough to get a scholarship from IU.

Frankly, if any of us could change history we’d want Knight to find a spot for MP. Think about this, Purdue has had 40+ years with their program in good hands and never had a big fall off like IU.

That said, I’m really happy for the women’s program. It looks like a dynasty in the making.
Yeah, I hate to put that weight on TM but I've been thinking "we found our Knight" for the women's program, but that will take a lot of post season success. The arc of the program is on track for that, and while losing Berger will hurt we have a lot of talented players returning and Moore McNeil will ably assume the lead guard spot I think. Plus, TM has worked the portal successfully so maybe she'll pull another rabbit or 2 out of her hat. Do we currently have any spots open? Think I read we've signed 2 and I know Berger and Geary are leaving; any other seniors?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT