ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Legend Dick Enberg dead at 82

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
spectacular career after earning two degrees at IU. A lifelong supporter and visitor to campus Enberg was the epitome of class and grace. So many huge events.

Oh my...

"Oh, my!" He was one of the good ones and represented IU very well.

Reactions: ulrey
On Sirius XM, they were interviewing Jay Bilas this morning about his thoughts on Enberg and Bilas said that Enberg was a graduate of Central Michigan?

On Sirius XM, they were interviewing Jay Bilas this morning about his thoughts on Enberg and Bilas said that Enberg was a graduate of Central Michigan?
He did his post grad work at Indiana. He broadcast our games for football and basketball on the radio from 1957-1961.

He did his post grad work at Indiana. He broadcast our games for football and basketball on the radio from 1957-1961.

Masters and PhD at IU. Stayed very connected to the university. I met him twice down there.

Masters and PhD at IU. Stayed very connected to the university. I met him twice down there.

Universally respected and praised. Dick was a coach and educator by heart, but too good a broadcaster to stay away. After being involved with the IU sports network from 1957-61 as Voice of Hoosier Football and Basketball he moved to California to teach and coach baseball. Hired to broadcast UCLA basketball be did eight of Wooden’s ten NC’s and started a lifeline relationship with Wooden that continued when the two did NCAA basketball. He and my old boss, Eddie Einhorn, combined for the Game of the Century telecast of the
UCLA vs Houston basketball game in the soldout Astrodome in 1968. Dick was Eddie’s presenter when he went into the Basketball Hall of fame several years ago. He teamed with Merlin Olsen to do AFC games in the 1980’s and they were a great team to work with and respected by all. He earned nothing but praise on KH forum in West !afayette today.

Great guy! Met him in 1987 at IU and he said he did his undergrad work at IU because their application was the shortest. I swear he said this but doesn't take away from how awesome he was. Tremendous voice.

Great guy! Met him in 1987 at IU and he said he did his undergrad work at IU because their application was the shortest. I swear he said this but doesn't take away from how awesome he was. Tremendous voice.[/QUOTE.

He must have meant "grad school" as he achieved his Masters and PhD at IU. Also was the voice of IU FB and MBB as well as Little 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT