ADVERTISEMENT

Honest thought

ncthomas31

Benchwarmer
Nov 7, 2008
is anyone really hope we do well? I’m done with Archie and the cupboard is going to be bare with the lack of recruiting that has occurred lately. I don’t want Archie sticking around with just enough wins to be mediocre to keep
His job!

• Wow
Reactions: Coopster
is anyone really hope we do well? I’m done with Archie and the cupboard is going to be bare with the lack of recruiting that has occurred lately. I don’t want Archie sticking around with just enough wins to be mediocre to keep
His job!
Miller isn’t getting fired regardless of how the season plays out.

Reactions: Coopster
His job!
I always root for IU to win. It's not like the Suck for Luck Scenario.

His job!
I had that thought process in the past. Give me an A or give me an F. I felt if coaches just did mediocre then they would be hard to fire. I dont see that being the case with Archie. I dont even think he will achieve mediocre status sadly. I dont know what the solution is.

Reactions: ncthomas31
Miller isn’t getting fired regardless of how the season plays out.
I think he could if he loses out in a bad way, but still unlikely. I think a huge part of that decision is vaccine distribution. If the admins see us losing out on ticket sales next year because there could be attendance, then they may decide to do something just for the perception of trying to do something and get people in the stands.

Let's not kid ourselves though, next year will be bad regardless, but they like optics and buzz. I want him gone yesterday, but this time, I'm not sure we could get the best candidate right now. Unless a Matta or Belein wants the challenge, I don't see how we'd be any better for next year and we'd have to pay more just to suck as bad, so why not just let him prove he should be fired in that time and do a thorough search

I’m not actively routing against them. I just don’t see Archie making these guys a legit threat. Just way too much inconsistency which is hard to watch. The freshmen are much better than Rob and Al I will say that

Or maybe we’re all sick of how awful they have been lately and think there needs to
Be a change of coach. Just an opinion....I could careless if YOU think I’m not an IU fan.
If you want IU to lose you’e not an IU fan. I’ll stick with that. I doubt you want them to lose.

I’m glad you could care less because that means you care some.

I’m glad you speak for the Hoosier fan base. Never knew you were so important.

moving on.....does the inconsistency drive you insane? Play tough against a really good Iowa team and then lay a flat out egg against someone like northwestern or Rutgers? I’m assuming it does

I think he could if he loses out in a bad way, but still unlikely. I think a huge part of that decision is vaccine distribution. If the admins see us losing out on ticket sales next year because there could be attendance, then they may decide to do something just for the perception of trying to do something and get people in the stands.

Let's not kid ourselves though, next year will be bad regardless, but they like optics and buzz. I want him gone yesterday, but this time, I'm not sure we could get the best candidate right now. Unless a Matta or Belein wants the challenge, I don't see how we'd be any better for next year and we'd have to pay more just to suck as bad, so why not just let him prove he should be fired in that time and do a thorough search
Why would there be such a big dropoff next year? Honest question. We only lose Durham and I dont see TJD going anywhere. Now 2 years from now could be a little rough.

moving on.....does the inconsistency drive you insane? Play tough against a really good Iowa team and then lay a flat out egg against someone like northwestern or Rutgers? I’m assuming it does
I want to see UK lose every game. I’m not a UK fan. I’m the opposite of a UK fan. Do you really think an actual logical and sane IU fan wants IU to lose every game?

Of course I’m frustrated when IU loses. I’m frustrated with poor FT shooting and poor shooting from 3. as well. Fans get frustrated.

Ok so all two of you who speak for everyone. Sorry I thought the other guy was the main spokesperson.
I bet you were a Tom Crean fan as well weren’t ya?

He’s been clear that he’s okay with the current state of IU basketball, so there’s really nothing to debate.

I want to see UK lose every game. I’m not a UK fan. I’m the opposite of a UK fan. Do you really think an actual logical and sane IU fan wants IU to lose every game?

Of course I’m frustrated when IU loses. I’m frustrated with poor FT shooting and poor shooting from 3. as well. Fans get frustrated.
Agree with the first paragraph. I think we both just want IU to return to its roots. It’s been a few random years of good teams mixed in with just absolute crap teams. More the latter unfortunately.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Agree with the first paragraph. I think we both just want IU to return to its roots. It’s been a few random years of good teams mixed in with just absolute crap teams. More the latter unfortunately.
No doubt. I attended IU ‘79-‘83 and I want IU to win like that. I was very happy IU hired Miller because I thought he was the guy that could return us to being a constant winner contending nearly every year for Big Ten and national championships. I really liked how he coached at Dayton and how his teams played. Of course I’m not as confident about him as I once was. However, I am confident that Miller will be back so I think calling for him to be fired now or after the season is useless and counterproductive at best. A bad year next year and it’ll be time to move on - and possible as well.

No, he reminds me of the type of player we would like at IU.
If you remember iu finished 2nd in his recruitment and everyone bitched that crean was recruiting him cause he was a lowly 3 star. People were comparing him to a priller type. Just like people were bitching about crean recruiting draymond green. Who iu also finished second.

Or maybe we’re all sick of how awful they have been lately and think there needs to
Be a change of coach. Just an opinion....I could careless if YOU think I’m not an IU fan.
Honest thought. Yes. Many of us are very frustrated. No. We don't wish for the Hoosiers to lose. You are in the minority on that honest thought.

No doubt. I attended IU ‘79-‘83 and I want IU to win like that. I was very happy IU hired Miller because I thought he was the guy that could return us to being a constant winner contending nearly every year for Big Ten and national championships. I really liked how he coached at Dayton and how his teams played. Of course I’m not as confident about him as I once was. However, I am confident that Miller will be back so I think calling for him to be fired now or after the season is useless and counterproductive at best. A bad year next year and it’ll be time to move on - and possible as well.
There was no way they would fire him with covid going on. It’s amazing we’ve gotten this many games as well unlike Michigan. I was happy with the hire too...unfortunately every year has been the same outcome. Impressive win today for sure....they didn’t flop at the end of the game which has happened before so definite props for the guys. We shall see how next year turns out. Desperately need some shooters

There was no way they would fire him with covid going on. It’s amazing we’ve gotten this many games as well unlike Michigan. I was happy with the hire too...unfortunately every year has been the same outcome. Impressive win today for sure....they didn’t flop at the end of the game which has happened before so definite props for the guys. We shall see how next year turns out. Desperately need some shooters
IU improved each of the first three years and were obviously safely in the NCAA tournament if COVID hadn't canceled it. This year isn't over yet. Win our and/or win the Big Ten tournament and it's another improved year. Lose out and it's obviously a regression. Finish about .500 in the Big Ten and make the NCAA tournament and it's basically a no improvement year. Next year will be do or die for Miller, that's for sure.

Agree we need shooters - on the floor and at the FT line. That truly is IU's most significant issue. Good shooting would mean at least four more wins right now and a clear year of improvement again.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Honestly I forgot about last year. We won that first game in the big ten tourney and that was it. Covid has made everything a blur so completely forgot about last year.
Yes shooters desperately. Leal seems to shoot well but needs to get quicker release but he’s young so I get it. Not sure we have any coming in next year?

If we are doing well why would we want CAM fired?

True. But we aren’t doing well. We haven’t done well (not consistently, anyway) his entire time here.

I’d love nothing more than for Archie to succeed here. But he hasn’t and almost certainly isn’t going to.

That said, I’d never root against IU in any game or any situation.

Just a thought:
Are we exciting to watch?
Do the players seem to be all in for IU?
Does Archie inspire the fan base?
Do you cancel plans because we have a game at that time?

Why would there be such a big dropoff next year? Honest question. We only lose Durham and I dont see TJD going anywhere. Now 2 years from now could be a little rough.
No recruiting, he's lame duck unless he majorly turns thins around in that department fast. OK, big deal, so we beat Iowa. Iowa! Aren't we supposed to always beat Iowa? That be like Bill Self getting some lifetime contact like Cal has for beating freackin Texas Tech!

His job!

Archie has proven what he is. If Dolson has an IQ above room temperature it should be a done deal. Big assumption I know.

His job!
I always am rooting for IU to win. I’m just not optimistic that it is going to happen very often.

“Well” by Archie standards is not “well” by IU standards.
Doubt we are playing well by Archies standards either. My point was the poster didnt want us to play well and root for us to lose in order to hasten Archies replacement. Conversely, if we play "well" it would suggest no need to replace him.

IU improved each of the first three years and were obviously safely in the NCAA tournament if COVID hadn't canceled it. This year isn't over yet. Win our and/or win the Big Ten tournament and it's another improved year. Lose out and it's obviously a regression. Finish about .500 in the Big Ten and make the NCAA tournament and it's basically a no improvement year. Next year will be do or die for Miller, that's for sure.

Agree we need shooters - on the floor and at the FT line. That truly is IU's most significant issue. Good shooting would mean at least four more wins right now and a clear year of improvement again.
We obviously need shooters, but that has been a problem since Archie got here. Why has he been so hesitant to address it? Also, why are they so enamored with sticking our best perimeter player in the right corner? They did it with Romeo and they often do it with Armaan.

Doubt we are playing well by Archies standards either. My point was the poster didnt want us to play well and root for us to lose in order to hasten Archies replacement. Conversely, if we play "well" it would suggest no need to replace him.
He’s not being replaced and there’s no call to replace him. We lack AD leadership anyway, as we have for a couple of decades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT