ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary/FBI Thread

Her foundation is weird if not simply disgusting

First of all, most families who establish foundations do so to to create a way to give away their own money. See Bill Gates and even some professional athletes and teams. Not the Clintons. They set up their foundation to give away other people's money. Even those family foundations which accept outside donations accept donations from those who really want to help various charitable causes. The Clintons? They sought and accepted donations from foreign governments.
So ultimately, you're upset that the Clintons set up a charitable organization, but had the nerve to name it the way people normally name family foundations.

Oh, the humanity!

So Comey is flat out ignoring a blatant case of obstruction, for whatever reason?
Yes, you have found that elusive reality. Comey, the bureaucrat, having epitomized the Peter Principal, only has to maintain status quo, and he's good. Gutless.

SQUEEZE the "tech", with a couple of dozen felony counts.

Works almost as well as a helicopter ride over The South China Sea.

Elicits frank responses.

About all manner of subjects.
Great views over the South China Sea. Unobstructed in some circumstances, however brief.

So it now appears Powell did tell Clinton he skirted FOIA by using systems that did not record the data. And he did so two days into his term. And it appears he sent classified email via AOL. Why have there been no investigations of Powell? Link

So it now appears Powell did tell Clinton he skirted FOIA by using systems that did not record the data. And he did so two days into his term. And it appears he sent classified email via AOL. Why have there been no investigations of Powell? Link

I'd have no problem looking into Powell's actions. If he skirted the law, then he skirted the law. But I'm not sure this helps Hillary. If anything it highlights an explicit attempt to avoid FOIA as opposed to mere carelessness. And adding the Powell revelations just serves to keep the whole thing in the news.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I'd have no problem looking into Powell's actions. If he skirted the law, then he skirted the law. But I'm not sure this helps Hillary. If anything it highlights an explicit attempt to avoid FOIA as opposed to mere carelessness. And adding the Powell revelations just serves to keep the whole thing in the news.
I am not thinking it helps Hillary. But we have spent millions investigating her, how much investigating Powell? How much Rice, as I have seen reports her aids had classified email on private accounts. Since we appear never to have spent a penny on either, that seems to suggest a definite political bent to the investigationS.

I have no problem with it either but why waste the time and money since no charges can be filed after the Hillary debacle.

Reactions: stollcpa

Fine put him and Hillary both in prison.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Can we have hearings and FBI investigations too? It may take several hearings to get to the bottom of this. Then again, no one is worried about Powell's poll numbers so the hearings probably won't happen.

Can we have hearings and FBI investigations too? It may take several hearings to get to the bottom of this. Then again, no one is worried about Powell's poll numbers so the hearings probably won't happen.
Why did they put Martha Stewart in prison?

But why didn't they investigate him multiple times? One of the Democrats on the committee pointed out that most of the members of the committee use private email accounts, their business cards list private email accounts and not their government sponsored account. Isn't it very possible they are trying to skirt FOIA as well? Should they be investigated?

Clinton did screw up, I don't want leaders skirting FOIA. One solution is to pursue only Clinton. Why not convene a committee and review everyone in government? Find everyone trying to evade. We have heard a lot about Clinton, who completely screwed up. Yet we know Bush's staff, including Rove, used RNC servers to handle email and by that, I mean millions of pieces of email. Yes, there were media reports but nothing like Clinton garners. And yes, Rove admitted up to 22 million emails may have been deleted. Some of them dealt with the firings of 8 US Attorneys that should have been a part of the official record. We know Powell had classified email on his private account, we know messages sent to Rice's top staff were classified. How many investigations were launched on Powell, Rice, and Rove compared to Clinton?

I'm not excusing Clinton, she was dead wrong for trying to escape FOIA. I am saying that the GOP is acting like they are in Casablanca and just discovered gambling. IF they really believe this is serious, why didn't they spend more time looking into the problem before? We need investigators who investigate everyone, not just the other party.

But why didn't they investigate him multiple times? One of the Democrats on the committee pointed out that most of the members of the committee use private email accounts, their business cards list private email accounts and not their government sponsored account. Isn't it very possible they are trying to skirt FOIA as well? Should they be investigated?

Clinton did screw up, I don't want leaders skirting FOIA. One solution is to pursue only Clinton. Why not convene a committee and review everyone in government? Find everyone trying to evade. We have heard a lot about Clinton, who completely screwed up. Yet we know Bush's staff, including Rove, used RNC servers to handle email and by that, I mean millions of pieces of email. Yes, there were media reports but nothing like Clinton garners. And yes, Rove admitted up to 22 million emails may have been deleted. Some of them dealt with the firings of 8 US Attorneys that should have been a part of the official record. We know Powell had classified email on his private account, we know messages sent to Rice's top staff were classified. How many investigations were launched on Powell, Rice, and Rove compared to Clinton?

I'm not excusing Clinton, she was dead wrong for trying to escape FOIA. I am saying that the GOP is acting like they are in Casablanca and just discovered gambling. IF they really believe this is serious, why didn't they spend more time looking into the problem before? We need investigators who investigate everyone, not just the other party.

They've already admitted it was to bring down Hillary's poll numbers. Kevin McCarthy said it plain as day on Fox News.

The Pubs are holding another 3 day witch hunt today.That's why Sen Cummings released the exchange,to display the double standard the Pubs (in their 956th reiteration of Bengahzzziiii) are employing today.I doubt that was Comey's motivation,but it sort of benefits HRC as well...

Remember,one of the items the Trump camp tried to claim lately was that HRC was throwing Powell under the bus,especially after he tried to downplay his advice,and claim that it was only after she had already set things up.Obviously CP "misremembered"...

I'm convinced HRC's problem was not the "National Security" aspect of the situation,but rather (like me) she is just challenged by some of the technical aspects of the various devices involved.The idea that she wrote to CP asking if their is some way she can "keep" her blackberry (which she was comfortable with) bolsters that theory imho.And Chaffetz is an asshole...

When the democrats and republicans are having hearings they're not passing dumbass things like ACA.

The best thing for everyone is Hillary being elected and the republicans keeping the House and Senate. Not much harm can be done.

The Pubs are holding another 3 day witch hunt today.That's why Sen Cummings released the exchange,to display the double standard the Pubs (in their 956th reiteration of Bengahzzziiii) are employing today.I doubt that was Comey's motivation,but it sort of benefits HRC as well...

Remember,one of the items the Trump camp tried to claim lately was that HRC was throwing Powell under the bus,especially after he tried to downplay his advice,and claim that it was only after she had already set things up.Obviously CP "misremembered"...

Unless Assange really has some kind of a smoking gun (unlikely) then no one's mind is going to be changed from here on out regarding this matter. They need to let this go.

As to whether it is politically motivated? Of course. Everything is.

Why is this an issue?

I routinely advised public employees about public records and how to avoid public disclosure issues. The first point is to not create a record in the first place. If public employees need to discuss issues of public concern and interest, and they wanted to keep the discussion confidential, the advice is "don't create a record". Have face to face meetings and conversations about these matters and don't use email strings or use recording devices. Second, if a record is necessary, I instructed them how to create the record in a way that it could be seen as privileged or confidential. Finally I advised them to quit being so paranoid about records. The impulse to never let the public see anything is very strong with certain individuals. These are individuals who usually lack self confidence and have a fear of criticisms.

I see nothing wrong, unethical or improper about any of this. The law has various definitions, conditions, and processes for a reason. My advice was simply how to deal with the law, not to be dishonest and violate the law.

But this isn't what Hillary did.

I don't care about Martha either but if she went to jail for lying to the FBI so should Hillary

You better let FBI Director Comey know what you know. When referring to whether or not Hillary lied to the FBI Comey said "My judgement is that she did not" and "We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI".

You better let him know. And you should apply for the FBI. You're obviously better at this.

You mean nothing will be done at all. I was thinking of registering and running as a republican. I'd just say "...and if elected I promise to go to Washington and do absolutely nothing. It will truly be a victory for the American people!" I'd have you guys eating out of my hand.

I hear housing is cheap in Somalia. You don't have to worry about a big bad gubment there. No regulations getting in the way of business and you can have all the guns you want. Heck, you can probably even use your guns to turn gay people away from your business. Your child's education is also totally in your hands.

That's awesome you think republicans should continue to obstruct everything including infrastructure spending. Or just shut down the government completely. That always helps.

They seem to have all they need on their plates right now. When they figure out how to manage things and quit adding trillions to our debt they can look for new things to stick their noses in.

You better let FBI Director Comey know what you know. When referring to whether or not Hillary lied to the FBI Comey said "My judgement is that she did not" and "We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI".

You better let him know. And you should apply for the FBI. You're obviously better at this.

I have two question. Do you seriously believe Hillary didn't lie when she gave her explanation of the "c" on emails? If you don't believe she lied, do you believe she's as stupid as the answer she gave?

I have two question. Do you seriously believe Hillary didn't lie when she gave her explanation of the "c" on emails? If you don't believe she lied, do you believe she's as stupid as the answer she gave?

If she missed it, she missed it on THREE emails out of TENS OF THOUSANDS. That's a damn impressive low rate of human error.

Are you really hung up on THREE emails? Is this how pathetic republicans have become? Oh, wait, let me guess, you're an independent and always have been. These last five or six months I've suddenly had a damn hard time running into registered republicans. Go figure.

Here's what I believe. I believe her lab tests are astonishingly excellent. I believe her physical strength and stamina are extraordinary. I believe she will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency. I believe she knows more about ISIS than the generals.

If she missed it, she missed it on THREE emails out of TENS OF THOUSANDS. That's a damn impressive low rate of human error.

Are you really hung up on THREE emails? Is this how pathetic republicans have become? Oh, wait, let me guess, you're an independent and always have been. These last five or six months I've suddenly had a damn hard time running into registered republicans. Go figure.

Here's what I believe. I believe her lab tests are astonishingly excellent. I believe her physical strength and stamina are extraordinary. I believe she will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency. I believe she knows more about ISIS than the generals.

I didn't ask about missing the 3 the emails you mentioned. I asked about her explanation of what "c" meant? Read her answer and then come back and tell me it's not a lie. If it's not a lie she's an idiot.

No I am not an Indoendent. I am a registered republican and have voted for republicans and democrats both.

Trump is a problem and Hillary just as big of a problem.

I didn't ask about missing the 3 the emails you mentioned. I asked about her explanation of what "c" meant? Read her answer and then come back and tell me it's not a lie. If it's not a lie she's an idiot.

No I am not an Indoendent. I am a registered republican and have voted for republicans and democrats both.

By any form of logic she's not.

Trump has every flaw that she does and exceeds her in some.

On top of their Venn intersection he adds his own layers of racism and misogyny.

Not to mention extols the virtues of dictators, suggests that he'll won't come to the aid of our allies, says that we'll build a wall,....

Clinton is an awful candidate, I'll grant you that.

But at this point she is the only candidate, the other is a carnival barker for the reality television crowd.

By any form of logic she's not.

Trump has every flaw that she does and exceeds her in some.

On top of their Venn intersection he adds his own layers of racism and misogyny.

Not to mention extols the virtues of dictators, suggests that he'll won't come to the aid of our allies, says that we'll build a wall,....

Clinton is an awful candidate, I'll grant you that.

But at this point she is the only candidate, the other is a carnival barker for the reality television crowd.

Did she lie to the FBI about what she thought the "c" was? If so what should have happen? If she didn't lie, anyone that stupid should be disqualified from the Presidency.

You'll have to provide the exact full statement you're referring to.

I found this...

Information isn’t classified until a designated authority within the government declares it classified. The way that person shows their determination is by adding a header and footer to the relevant document, often tacking on a cover sheet, too — all to make it clear that the document contains classified information.

Clinton is correct that the FBI did not find any such labels in her emails.

Of the tens of thousands of emails the FBI reviewed, 81 email chains found on Clinton’s private servers included classified information, as determined by various U.S. intelligence agencies, according to a FBI report released Sept. 2. Just three email chains included some sort of classification marking: At least one paragraph preceded by the marking "(C)," indicating that those paragraphs were "confidential," the lowest level of classification. But none of the three had a header, footer or cover page further signaling that the emails contained confidential information.

Even though there was a "(C)" preceding the paragraphs, this information was not properly marked confidential because it did not include the header, FBI Director James Comey said in a July 7 hearing before Congress. It’s "reasonable," he said, that Clinton may not have realized these were classified.

You'll have to provide the exact full statement you're referring to.

I found this...

Information isn’t classified until a designated authority within the government declares it classified. The way that person shows their determination is by adding a header and footer to the relevant document, often tacking on a cover sheet, too — all to make it clear that the document contains classified information.

Clinton is correct that the FBI did not find any such labels in her emails.

Of the tens of thousands of emails the FBI reviewed, 81 email chains found on Clinton’s private servers included classified information, as determined by various U.S. intelligence agencies, according to a FBI report released Sept. 2. Just three email chains included some sort of classification marking: At least one paragraph preceded by the marking "(C)," indicating that those paragraphs were "confidential," the lowest level of classification. But none of the three had a header, footer or cover page further signaling that the emails contained confidential information.

Even though there was a "(C)" preceding the paragraphs, this information was not properly marked confidential because it did not include the header, FBI Director James Comey said in a July 7 hearing before Congress. It’s "reasonable," he said, that Clinton may not have realized these were classified.

In the information released by the FBI regarding the interview, Clinton was shown a email marked with the letter "c". Clinton speculated to the agents the "c" might indicated the bullet points in the email were in alphabetical order. Seriously? You seriously believe she wasn't lying? She really isn't that stupid is she?

Did she lie to the FBI about what she thought the "c" was? If so what should have happen? If she didn't lie, anyone that stupid should be disqualified from the Presidency.

You're arguing as if Trump is a viable alternative. I agree that Clinton is deeply flawed candidate, but unless you want Stein or the goober who thought Aleppo was an Italian frozen desert she's it.

Trump is unfit at every level.

He lies and has the emotional behavior of a 5 year old.

This isn't a defense of Clinton.

I always vote for the candidate I think will cause the least amount of harm.

In this case I'll go with the candidate that doesn't fawn over dictators.

Has the Republican Party become backers of dictators?

In the information released by the FBI regarding the interview, Clinton was shown a email marked with the letter "c". Clinton speculated to the agents the "c" might indicated the bullet points in the email were in alphabetical order. Seriously? You seriously believe she wasn't lying? She really isn't that stupid is she?

Because no one ever uses letters to alphabetize things? Yeah, that is ridiculous. Never mind that the report said those emails weren't properly marked they should have been.

You're arguing as if Trump is a viable alternative. I agree that Clinton is deeply flawed candidate, but unless you want Stein or the goober who thought Aleppo was an Italian frozen desert she's it.

Trump is unfit at every level.

He lies and has the emotional behavior of a 5 year old.

This isn't a defense of Clinton.

I always vote for the candidate I think will cause the least amount of harm.

In this case I'll go with the candidate that doesn't fawn over dictators.

Has the Republican Party become backers of dictators?

It seems the democrats have beat republicans to the punch in Cuba.

Because no one ever uses letters to alphabetize things? Yeah, that is ridiculous. Never mind that the report said those emails weren't properly marked they should have been.

It's obvious we're hard headed on all sides. If you can't acknowledge she either lied or was an idiot with that statement, there's no use talking. You know with her training and experience she knew what the markings were.

It's obvious we're hard headed on all sides. If you can't acknowledge she either lied or was an idiot with that statement, there's no use talking. You know with her training and experience she knew what the markings were.
There is only one person being hard-headed at the moment, and it's not the poster who is simply willing to accept the FBI's own conclusions.

If you want to talk to people who agree with you there are probably forums over at Breitbart or InfoWars.

I'm going with the FBI. If they find some new evidence that proves she blatantly lied to them, I'll go with the FBI then as well. If they change their position and recommend charges be filed, I'll go with them then too. Until then keep looking real hard at that lower case c. All three of 'em.

How about I concede that she bald faced lied to the FBI.

Now what? President Trump?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT