ADVERTISEMENT

Heroin's comin' back in a big effin way ...

Here are the 5 most addictive substances on earth:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-5-most-addictive-substances-on-earth-2016-3

If people would avoid these and smoke cannabis, we wouldn't be talking about Trump or Cruz.

lol

I had a period in the late 80's and early 90's where I recreationally used coke. Not much really, but once in awhile, if we were going to a concert or something, we'd by a few grams or if we had extra cash, maybe even an 8-ball. My friend's roomie who got us the coke used to always insist we try smoking it. We always turned him down until one night I finally said; "what the hell" and hit the pipe a few times.

I remember I had to go to the grocery store (of all places) after that and I was literally floating down the aisles. It was beautiful but I KNEW this was a feeling I didn't need in my life, even as nice as it was. I told myself that under no circumstances would I ever smoke the stuff again and I never did.

I RARELY used coke at all after that and haven't had any in over 20 years.

That is bad shit.

Just blows my mind people allow these sorts of addictions to happen to them.

When I was a young kid my father was stationed in Tokyo. I remember standing in line to buy something at the PX and seeing a poster on the wall that had a guy sprawled out on his back with a syringe sticking out of his forearm, with the banner "Heroin Kills" behind him. I didn't know what heroin was but I figured it was something that I never wanted to get involved with. Now, a good 50 years later, heroin still kills and people don't understand how overwhelmingly addictive it is and how it deprives you of any ability to control your life. Sadly, it has become much cheaper and because of that it is more widely used.

I had a period in the late 80's and early 90's where I recreationally used coke. Not much really, but once in awhile, if we were going to a concert or something, we'd by a few grams or if we had extra cash, maybe even an 8-ball. My friend's roomie who got us the coke used to always insist we try smoking it. We always turned him down until one night I finally said; "what the hell" and hit the pipe a few times.

I remember I had to go to the grocery store (of all places) after that and I was literally floating down the aisles. It was beautiful but I KNEW this was a feeling I didn't need in my life, even as nice as it was. I told myself that under no circumstances would I ever smoke the stuff again and I never did.

I RARELY used coke at all after that and haven't had any in over 20 years.

That is bad shit.

Just blows my mind people allow these sorts of addictions to happen to them.

I found my dad's one hitter box in the back of his car during the Nancy Reagan years. It spilled out on the floor board. I was trying to pick buds/shake out of the floor board and putting it back in the box. It was the death of a hero ......

Then I went to IU and found cannibus on my own. He celebrated it.

Then he introduced me to coke.

I can remember many thanksgivings not eating a thing because I knew there was a line waiting for me in the master bathroom.

The backstory here is I only saw my dad about 3 times a year and I was thankful for that.

Reactions: plaxico80
I found my dad's one hitter box in the back of his car during the Nancy Reagan years. It spilled out on the floor board. I was trying to pick buds/shake out of the floor board and putting it back in the box. It was the death of a hero ......

I can remember many thanksgivings not eating a thing because I knew there was a line waiting for me in the master bathroom.

The backstory here is I only saw my dad about 3 times a year and I was thankful for that.
JESUS CHRIST.

This explains a helluva lot.

Damn dude. Powerful shit.

Dude that is messed up.

I have found that cocaine should only be used in girls buttholes. It has no other useful trait. The buzz soon becomes annoying more than anything else, and other people, especially paranoid ones, or those that crawl on the floor looking for crumbs are a drag but cocaine and a girl's willing butthole can equal a great time.

Right?

Last edited:
I have found that cocaine should only be used in girls buttholes. It has no other useful trait. The buzz soon becomes annoying more than anything else, and other people, especially paranoid ones, or those that crawl on the floor looking for crumbs, are a drag, but cocaine and a girl's willing butthole can equal a great time.

Right?
Not sure? We never put it in a girls butthole. That's seems to extreme.

Whoa....not sure how to process that.

That's phacked up. I remember your previous posts regarding your Dad. This brings a lot more clarity to that now. Sorry, dude. Not all the lessons we get from our parents are how to's. Some are how NOT to's.

Reactions: Warison
Dude that is messed up.
It is messed up. Very messed up. But I didn't know that then. I kinda thought all dads were kinda like mine.

And thats the most messed up part. It took years to figure out that not everybody is ...

That's phacked up. I remember your previous posts regarding your Dad. This brings a lot more clarity to that now. Sorry, dude. Not all the lessons we get from our parents are how to's. Some are how NOT to's.
Like I said then, my son will never know him. And I love him.

Reactions: hoosierdug
I sincerely appreciate that.

Keep in mind all that seems like a long time ago. Time heals wounds and gives you perspective. He never purposely tried to scar. His intentions were good. Even then. It's not like dad approached me in a dark alley. It was more like asking someone, more tea?

Last edited:
You obviously are clueless about opioid addiction. Which is perfectly expected if you haven't been there, or been deeply effected by it. No worries - that's good for you!

Lol.... ok.

I'm hoping for a J. Peterman type recovery for you guys.

I'm in my early 40's. Back when I was experimenting LSD and shrooms were about has far as the burnouts were going. I had never even known anybody that even heard of a way to get heroin. It was basically just a drug you heard about in movies and from rock stars.

Fast forward 20 yrs, and I know about five 20 something's that are all jacked up on this stuff. And they ain't rock stars.

What happened here?

Is heroin the new marijuana now?

My work has put me in Addiction Medicine Clinics on a regular basis. I also talk/meet with some of the top Addiction doctors in the US on a regular basis. It is believed that there are over 3,000,000 individuals addicted to opioids and about 1.25M of these individuals do not receive treatment. This is why the CDC and White House have declared an Opioid Addiction Epidemic in the US. President Obama mentioned this issue in the second paragraph of his most recent State of the Union Address. Around 2009 more people died from drug overdoses than car accidents and over 100 people die each day from drug overdoes. There is an estimated economic burden of $72.5B (with a B) yearly due to this problem

Many people were/are addicted to prescription pain medicines. The government for good reason decide to crack down on how opioids could be prescribed and rescheduled many of them. This has made opioids more expensive on the streets and much harder to get. Over time you also need to take higher amounts of opioids to get the same high due to you body building a tolerance to it. This has combined with the fact that there is less profit in the sale of marijuana (legalization in many areas is believed to have impacted this) and dealers have moved to the more profitable and addicting sale of heroin. This is a huge issue around the country however, there are certain pockets that it rises to a different level (TN, KY, OH, PA, WV, MA and even IN).

What is scary for many is the fact that 5-10 years ago you kind of knew for the most part demographically what an addict would look like. Now when EMS gets called for an overdose due to opioids (pain meds and heroin) it is a soccer mom in the parking lot of a Target or the star football player at a high school as well as the old stereotype. I can pretty much guarantee that you all know people that are addicted to opioids (either Heroin or pain medications) but you may not be aware of it.

This is a growing issue in high school kids and something that if you have kids that age or younger you need to be on top of. The other thing I was told was that there is a very high incidence of high school kids that start smoking pot that end up addicted to opioids- it is very predictive.

My work has put me in Addiction Medicine Clinics on a regular basis. I also talk/meet with some of the top Addiction doctors in the US on a regular basis. It is believed that there are over 3,000,000 individuals addicted to opioids and about 1.25M of these individuals do not receive treatment. This is why the CDC and White House have declared an Opioid Addiction Epidemic in the US. President Obama mentioned this issue in the second paragraph of his most recent State of the Union Address. Around 2009 more people died from drug overdoses than car accidents and over 100 people die each day from drug overdoes. There is an estimated economic burden of $72.5B (with a B) yearly due to this problem

Many people were/are addicted to prescription pain medicines. The government for good reason decide to crack down on how opioids could be prescribed and rescheduled many of them. This has made opioids more expensive on the streets and much harder to get. Over time you also need to take higher amounts of opioids to get the same high due to you body building a tolerance to it. This has combined with the fact that there is less profit in the sale of marijuana (legalization in many areas is believed to have impacted this) and dealers have moved to the more profitable and addicting sale of heroin. This is a huge issue around the country however, there are certain pockets that it rises to a different level (TN, KY, OH, PA, WV, MA and even IN).

What is scary for many is the fact that 5-10 years ago you kind of knew for the most part demographically what an addict would look like. Now when EMS gets called for an overdose due to opioids (pain meds and heroin) it is a soccer mom in the parking lot of a Target or the star football player at a high school as well as the old stereotype. I can pretty much guarantee that you all know people that are addicted to opioids (either Heroin or pain medications) but you may not be aware of it.

This is a growing issue in high school kids and something that if you have kids that age or younger you need to be on top of. The other thing I was told was that there is a very high incidence of high school kids that start smoking pot that end up addicted to opioids- it is very predictive.

tl;dr

pop some vics and chill man

Reactions: DPU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT