ADVERTISEMENT

Hendershot

Seriously. YCMTSU.

thumb_kids-the-tv-said-santassleigh-was-reported-over-memorial-stadium-49173954.png

Reactions: midwolfe
Hendershot improved a lot last year and showed toughness. If he is back this season, I expect he will improve even more with his athletic ability.

Wasn't he charged with multiple felonies? He attempted to strangle someone? Hard to envision him back on the field.

Hendershot's attorney filed a motion on May 15th to set a change of plea hearing saying they've reached an agreement with the State.

The plea agreement itself has not been filed with the Court yet (court's do it differently on whether it needs to be filed in advance), so no indication of what exactly he'll plead to and what the sentence will be.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Not sure if they will allow him to play vs. Wiscy in game one versus have a few game suspension, but I hope he gets a second chance. That isn't to justify hitting a woman, but in this case, per her remarks, it sounded more like a bad break up fight and not a true attack of her by her own accounts. He made a dumb mistake for sure, but hoping we can stop the Cancel Culture mentality and allow for forgiveness, learning from mistakes and second chances when the offense is not truly awful. Again, initial reports vs more details later seemed to point to a bad argument. But I wasn't there and frankly will let the courts and the team decide the correct punishment here. But in general, I'm pulling your all people to have opportunities for redemption and forgiveness, to learn from mistakes versus have lives ruined. But cross over into very serious offenses & it does get harder to do.

0% chance he suits up against Wisconsin (or whatever Game 1 ends up being if the schedule gets altered).

I have no idea of what his total suspension will be, but it'll certainly be a game. I think I said it when this all was breaking, but CTA needs to punish him to some extent to be able to maintain credibility with this LEO team over self philosophy.

The opposite side of this is that, depending on how it plays out, he's going to give the kid a 2nd chance. Also, IMO, to maintain his LEO credibility. Which is about all we can ask for out of a coach in his semi-parental capacity.

I hate to see him miss Wiscy game but I'd be fine with that too as would be pretty credible punishment (versus "he'll miss game 3 vs. W KY" or something. And agree, showing an ability to forgive, learn from and allow back on team would show a lot of faith from a coach too.

I think IU will be fine and some of the new TE talent will step up. The kid Taylor from So Alabama could be a real sleeper. Great size, didn't use him in passing game much, but he's got size and one year to prove himself. I like to think he could be next Ian Thomas type player...let's hope!

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT