ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey Weinstein

If more women had power, it would probably even out some.

Mmm, I'm not sure about that. Maybe some. But I have to say that I have a hard time picturing Sherry Lansing chasing, say, Justin Bieber around the room while masturbating. I think there's more sex offending from men than women -- and, no, I don't think that's because of some kind of bias in the criminal justice system or because men tend to be in more positions of power.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Mmm, I'm not sure about that. Maybe some. But I have to say that I have a hard time picturing Sherry Lansing chasing, say, Justin Bieber around the room while masturbating. I think there's more sex offending from men than women -- and, no, I don't think that's because of some kind of bias in the criminal justice system or because men tend to be in more positions of power.

That is why I said some, as opposed to closing the gap entirely. Heck, Fox's website the past couple months has been obsessed with female teachers molesting male students.

If I recall my Roman history, powerful women would force less powerful men in sex.

I think men are worse, I just think the numbers are made worse because of the influence of power being more male.

I'd like to see a detailed list of the political contributions and bundling by all the perps. Sure it wouldn't matter among the swamp dwelling elites, but real America isn't going to like it.

I'm curious; what do you do for a living?

Not condoning legit sexual harassment and/or assault whatsoever....but at what point are we going over the ledge? Not talking about Weinstein, Spacey, etc...

We have Dem Congresswomen out now talking about being "propositioned" by colleagues. I understand harassment entails a superior being aggressive with a subordinate....particularly after the proposition has been clearly declined.

If we go to the point that every sexual innuendo or flirtation in the workplace is inappropriate....well let's just say there isn't enough oxygen in the US for all the 'outrage' we should be experiencing.

Reactions: meridian and Lucy01
Not condoning legit sexual harassment and/or assault whatsoever....but at what point are we going over the ledge? Not talking about Weinstein, Spacey, etc...

We have Dem Congresswomen out now talking about being "propositioned" by colleagues. I understand harassment entails a superior being aggressive with a subordinate....particularly after the proposition has been clearly declined.

If we go to the point that every sexual innuendo or flirtation in the workplace is inappropriate....well let's just say there isn't enough oxygen in the US for all the 'outrage' we should be experiencing.
I've worked in places where flirting - and relationships - were common between employees and supervisors. I've been in both management and labor in those situations. Responsible adults know how to flirt without making it seem like it's tied to the job, and responsible adults know when to quit. In theory, I agree with your concern, but in practice, I've found that when people are accused of crossing the line, it's almost always because they did, in fact, cross the line.

@crazed_hoosier2 Did you see the reports today that Weinstein is going to be arrested and charged with rape? Sea change a-coming. I bet a lot of rich f**kers in Hollywood and elsewhere are sweating bullets right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/entertainment/paz-de-la-huerta-weinstein/index.html

Better late than never.

Still amazed they wouldn't have charged him with something after that wire recording. How dispiriting must that have been for the lady who took the risk of wearing a wire?

I've worked in places where flirting - and relationships - were common between employees and supervisors. I've been in both management and labor in those situations. Responsible adults know how to flirt without making it seem like it's tied to the job, and responsible adults know when to quit. In theory, I agree with your concern, but in practice, I've found that when people are accused of crossing the line, it's almost always because they did, in fact, cross the line.

Frankly, it's usually not that they just crossed the line, it's usually because they bazooka-ed through and blew up the line.

The women of Hollywood are nothing more than prostitutes. They will do anything to further their careers.

Frankly, it's usually not that they just crossed the line, it's usually because they bazooka-ed through and blew up the line.
Speaking of bazooka-ing the line, multiple complaints about Spacey from the House of Cards set has production halted, Spacey fired from that and all other Netflix projects, and the writers reworking the season 6 script to kill off his character. There is definitely a dramatic shift if this scandal ends Spacey's career (as it should). A few years ago, this would have turned out very differently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT