ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson announcing Wednesday - IU/MSU/ND

So name the last sub 6 ft guard to successfully leave after 2 years and get drafted? Carsen Edwards in the 2nd rd 6 years ago?
Part of the reason I said I didn’t think he was that level. But he does. And the context was whether or not he’d still be in South Bend next fall when Haralson would arrive. Because Haralson and Burton on the same roster would be a head scratcher.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Part of the reason I said I didn’t think he was that level. But he does. And the context was whether or not he’d still be in South Bend next fall when Haralson would arrive. Because Haralson and Burton on the same roster would be a head scratcher.
I've never seen Burton play, sometimes coaches play a style tailored to the talent they have. maybe with the combo of the 2 Burton would play a different style than what he did last year. my sources are kind of quiet on Jalen which isn't a good sign. we will see what happens. used to these types of loses were killers. with the portal doesn't sting as much. Don't see Rice leaving next year so if he wants to play point Woody may have a tough sell.

I've never seen Burton play, sometimes coaches play a style tailored to the talent they have. maybe with the combo of the 2 Burton would play a different style than what he did last year. my sources are kind of quiet on Jalen which isn't a good sign. we will see what happens. used to these types of loses were killers. with the portal doesn't sting as much. Don't see Rice leaving next year so if he wants to play point Woody may have a tough sell.
I’ve watched Burton since middle school. It would be the first time in his career that he’d give the ball up and let someone else consistently make plays. He’s never played with someone like Haralson, to be fair. But his first couple Penn teams had some very good upperclassmen, Burton never deferred to them even.

I can see the appeal of the Shrews-Pickett combo, but I would think what Woody did with Hood-Schifino in one season might have some appeal too.

Having said that, I’ve never really gotten a strong “Haralson-to-IU” vibe from anywhere. Regardless of where he ends up, IMO he’s more than one season away from becoming a legit NBA point guard prospect.
You spit truth. But Haralson is the type of player that helps a team make a run. It's cool Woody is in the mix, got to move on if it doesn't work out.

I would venture to think most P4 starters have NBA aspirations. But I also don’t think Burton or his circle are dumb either. He’s going to be a long shot to play in the NBA regardless, leaving after 2 years for the NBA jive with reality.

I would venture to think most P4 starters have NBA aspirations. But I also don’t think Burton or his circle are dumb either. He’s going to be a long shot to play in the NBA regardless, leaving after 2 years for the NBA jive with reality.
like I said haven't seen him play, if he's not a sure shot NBA prospect leaving makes no sense with NIL unless he just hates school. if he's a border line all American type. should be able to make a million or so a year in college. that would seem better than G league or Europe.

You spit truth. But Haralson is the type of player that helps a team make a run. It's cool Woody is in the mix, got to move on if it doesn't work out.
I’d be fine with JH playing for IU (presumably for one season) but I’ve never gotten as strong a feeling that he was IU-bound as I did with Sisley (Mullins for me falls somewhere in between the other two).

It would be annoying, to say the least, to see UNC get another blue-chip kid out of Indiana. And more than annoying to one day see UConn with a starting lineup that included both Mullins and McNeeley.

FWIW, if distance from home truly is important to the Mullins family, UNC is about 6 times as far from Greenfield as IU is. And UConn is about 10 times as far.
I swear you could take one of the dozens of these threads this board has showcased over the years, change the names of recruits, the competing schools, their hometowns, and a few other details…

….and each thread would pretty much verbatim have the same series of comments. Including this one: the obligatory driving distance comparison.

140225_CBOX_NedRyerson.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

I swear you could take one of the dozens of these threads this board has showcased over the years, change the names of recruits, the competing schools, their hometowns, and a few other details…

….and each thread would pretty much verbatim have the same series of comments. Including this one: the obligatory driving distance comparison.

140225_CBOX_NedRyerson.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
It was Mullins who brought up the issue of distance in his recruitment

Reactions: kkott
I’ve watched Burton since middle school. It would be the first time in his career that he’d give the ball up and let someone else consistently make plays. He’s never played with someone like Haralson, to be fair. But his first couple Penn teams had some very good upperclassmen, Burton never deferred to them even.
good coaching can modify that behavior

good coaching can modify that behavior
He played for a HOF coach in HS. But yes, you’re obviously right. And again, he’s never had someone like Haralson on his team before. Maybe he’s always wanted to play off someone like that???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT