ADVERTISEMENT

Guerin Catholic Had It's Own "Christian Laettner Moment" Last Night To Beat Brebeuf in Double OT And Win The Sectional Championship

Heads up play, but maybe a travel there on the side line save?
Yeah, love how they tried to paint it as something intentional... chasing the ball like heck to keep it from going out of bounds and flinging it over your head. Well, I guess he had to have his head up while he did all that, so I can go with a heads up play!

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
I was looking for video of that one, but there doesn't seem to be any.
I just got to view about a minute worth of the highlights on our local news channel last night. Teams from my area fared pretty well and will move on: Northview (3A), Sullivan and Parke Heritage (2A) Clay City and North Vermillion (1A). Good luck to them going forward. TH North had a lack-luster 4th quarter getting outscored 17-8 in a disappointing loss to Avon, 49-41. Avon was quick and athletic.

I just got to view about a minute worth of the highlights on our local news channel last night. Teams from my area fared pretty well and will move on: Northview (3A), Sullivan and Parke Heritage (2A) Clay City and North Vermillion (1A). Good luck to them going forward. TH North had a lack-luster 4th quarter getting outscored 17-8 in a disappointing loss to Avon, 49-41. Avon was quick and athletic.
Some years ago I became a fan of Linton Stockton. I think it was because I really liked the two men who did the broadcasts for Greene County Sports. They got beat and I was not happy about it.

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
Some years ago I became a fan of Linton Stockton. I think it was because I really liked the two men who did the broadcasts for Greene County Sports. They got beat and I was not happy about it.

Linton and Sullivan are separated by around 15 miles and both communities are traditional high schools sports havens. Their teams just seem to reload each year.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
I was looking for video of that one, but there doesn't seem to be any.
So.... there is a GAME REPLAY of the Barr Reeve/Orleans game on IHSAATV.org.

BUT....

When we watched the game in REAL TIME last night.... it was a terrible broadcast,
The link kept Buffering and Buffering... and then the game would come back on and it would
replay about 2 minutes of what had already played.

I was listening to Mike DeCourcy (Spelling) on the radio and the game on TV kept getting farther and farther
behind the radio feed. We finally stopped watching the TV and just listened to the radio.

Now.... back to the video replay.... as I mentioned, it's on IHSAATV.org, and the video is smooth and
no buffering like last night. But..... since the game went to 5 Overtimes.... with the score around 57-56
and about 1:44 left in the 4th Overtime.... they cut the feed to the game.... and that's where it ends.
So there isn't a FULL GAME replay.

Which ticks me off..... because the final was so exciting I really wanted to see the final overtime.

Yeah, love how they tried to paint it as something intentional... chasing the ball like heck to keep it from going out of bounds and flinging it over your head. Well, I guess he had to have his head up while he did all that, so I can go with a heads up play!
He threw it towards the basket as time was expiring. If he throws it anywhere else, there’s no chance to get a quality shot. Great thinking but still say he walked.

Linton and Sullivan are separated by around 15 miles and both communities are traditional high schools sports havens. Their teams just seem to reload each year.
Joey Hart’s twins who I think will be Freshman next year are attending North Daviess. Rumor has it Joey Hart will be the new Varsity Coach at North Daviess next year.

Joey Hart’s twins who I think will be Freshman next year are attending North Daviess. Rumor has it Joey Hart will be the new Varsity Coach at North Daviess next year.
Interesting. I hadn't heard that. I didn't realize the Sullivan Golden Arrows head coach, Jeff Moore, has coached there 29 years. He's a good one!

Reactions: stollcpa
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT