ADVERTISEMENT

Golf and BB

uncleter

Benchwarmer
Jul 10, 2003
Had the pleasure yesterday of playing in the IU golf scramble at the Pfau course. Played in a group with Coach Ya. He said that Booker was not a big miss (no sour grapes) and that CMW was never overly impressed by him. I asked Coach Ya who is the best shooter on this year's team and his answer was simply "Miller". Also got to chat with CMW a little. He has a really bad knee. He said he was going to have it replaced ...."after we win the National Championship man". It was a great event with a lot of Hoosier BB legends participating. Thanks to my nephew TimmyMac.

Had the pleasure yesterday of playing in the IU golf scramble at the Pfau course. Played in a group with Coach Ya. He said that Booker was not a big miss (no sour grapes) and that CMW was never overly impressed by him. I asked Coach Ya who is the best shooter on this year's team and his answer was simply "Miller". Also got to chat with CMW a little. He has a really bad knee. He said he was going to have it replaced ...."after we win the National Championship man". It was a great event with a lot of Hoosier BB legends participating. Thanks to my nephew TimmyMac.

Sounded like a great time. What did you think of the course?

Miller is the best shooter?
Well, in practice anyway.

That’s a scary thought.
I don't think so. He's got the benefit of watching practice and from all accounts, Miller is a terrific shooter and I think even last year many/most would have said him over Parker Stewart. I think I remember Don Fischer saying based on practice, he thought Kopp was one of the best shooters ever at IU! His trouble has been translating that to games, so hopefully that will happen this year.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
I don't think so. He's got the benefit of watching practice and from all accounts, Miller is a terrific shooter and I think even last year many/most would have said him over Parker Stewart. I think I remember Don Fischer saying based on practice, he thought Kopp was one of the best shooters ever at IU! His trouble has been translating that to games, so hopefully that will happen this year.
This reminds me of Todd Lindeman who kicked butt in practice but …

see my previous reference, re: driving range heroes. Range balls don't matter once you walk into the tee box on the first hole and see water on left and trees on the right.
That said, I'm hoping for a solid year from MK.....makes the rest of team that much better.

Reactions: kkott
see my previous reference, re: driving range heroes. Range balls don't matter once you walk into the tee box on the first hole and see water on left and trees on the right.
That said, I'm hoping for a solid year from MK.....makes the rest of team that much better.
Yeah, I agree, it only matters if you can make them in games. I've told the story many times about playing against Joe Hillman at the HPER and the range he showed there, which I never saw in games. But at the HPER you had to guard him out to about 23', and of course he came in scoring 44ppg in high school. Great all around and team player, but I don't think anyone thinks of him as a deadeye, just a reliable shooter, but he was probably the best shooter I've ever played against.

Yeah, I agree, it only matters if you can make them in games. I've told the story many times about playing against Joe Hillman at the HPER and the range he showed there, which I never saw in games. But at the HPER you had to guard him out to about 23', and of course he came in scoring 44ppg in high school. Great all around and team player, but I don't think anyone thinks of him as a deadeye, just a reliable shooter, but he was probably the best shooter I've ever played against.
would have been interesting to see Hillman play about 10 yrs later when the 3 point shot became a significant part of the game. He came to IU when the RMK offense was still motion and working for the best shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT