ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be sweet when Jon Snow rides Rhaegal down to torch spike hair white walker

No not really. I've read each one twice.
I've read all but "Dance With Dragons" twice. I am wrong that it said it directly, but I do remember it eluding to that and a couple of guys I know who also read it siad they thought it eluded to it as well. I can not point to anything specific, so tifwiw.

I've read all but "Dance With Dragons" twice. I am wrong that it said it directly, but I do remember it eluding to that and a couple of guys I know who also read it siad they thought it eluded to it as well. I can not point to anything specific, so tifwiw.
After doing some research today, It sounds like they have mentioned dragonsteel in the books, and Sam might have mentioned it on the show. Nobody knows what dragonsteel is but it could be Valeryan steel used to be called, or related to it in some ways.

After doing some research today, It sounds like they have mentioned dragonsteel in the books, and Sam might have mentioned it on the show. Nobody knows what dragonsteel is but it could be Valeryan steel used to be called, or related to it in some ways.

Are dragonglass and dragonsteel two different things?

Or are some of you screwing this up?

They are two different things. Dragonglass is obsidian or this:

obsidian_bof.jpg

I'm thinking dragonsteel would look something like this:

61Pgyn6Fj7L._SY355_.jpg

There's only one book reference to Valyrian Steel being able to kill Others. and it's speculation. Dragon Steel, what ever it is, can, but it may or may not be Valyrian Steel. There's nothing firm. I just looked.

Some think dragon steel to be Valyrian steel, mostly because Jon and Sam speculate on it being so but some do not and think them separate things because dragon steel was mentioned as being used long before the Targs ever set foot on Westeros. Dragon glass and dragon steel, are mentioned separately, so I doubt they are the same.

It may be possible that Jon has a special ability or something. Who knows..

Last edited:
There's only one book reference to Valyrian Steel being able to kill Others. and it's speculation. Dragon Steel, what ever it is, can, but it may or may not be Valyrian Steel. There's nothing firm. I just looked.

Some think dragon steel to be Valyrian steel, mostly because Jon and Sam speculate on it being so but some do not and think them separate things because dragon steel was mentioned as being used long before the Targs ever set foot on Westeros. Dragon glass and dragon steel, are mentioned separately, so I doubt they are the same.

It would make sense if dragon steel and Valyrian steel were the same thing, but then why would they need dragon glass. I guess we'll know soon enough but it seems the show is pointing to them being the same thing.

Did Sam mention anything like this to Stannis a couple episodes ago when he was researching how to kill them? Basically Stannis said "keep reading"...I'll try to rewatch that scene.

You probably hear this all the time, (lol) but it needs to slow down, pay attention to detail and have some depth.

I went back and watched some of season 1 over the weekend. The difference in pace is insane. Understandably, at the start of a series you spend extra time on character development just as part of their introduction, but damn.

This series used to be frustrating to watch one episode at a time because it felt like you had to binge of 3 or 4 in a row to capture an entire portion of the story. Now, there's like 3 or 4 chapters of a story in one episode. And there's way to much emphasis on the last scene of the episode now. I feel like you could just tune in for the last 15 minutes each week and still catch 90% of the plot.

Finally, where the hell is Brand?!?! He's practically not in this season.

I went back and watched some of season 1 over the weekend. The difference in pace is insane. Understandably, at the start of a series you spend extra time on character development just as part of their introduction, but damn.

This series used to be frustrating to watch one episode at a time because it felt like you had to binge of 3 or 4 in a row to capture an entire portion of the story. Now, there's like 3 or 4 chapters of a story in one episode. And there's way to much emphasis on the last scene of the episode now. I feel like you could just tune in for the last 15 minutes each week and still catch 90% of the plot.

Finally, where the hell is Brand?!?! He's practically not in this season.
Bran's storyline was ahead of the rest. Faster, faster, faster.

I think they are only going to go 7 season so they have a lot to get wrapped up in the next two seasons

I think they are only going to go 7 season so they have a lot to get wrapped up in the next two seasons

It's like watching Tom Crean basketball. No substance or depth, all shiny baubles, balls and whistles.

Take it back, God dammit.
This season is pretty poor dude. Except for one sword swipe, (the shiny bauble) it's been downright awful, especially when compared to the first 3 seasons.

This season is pretty poor dude. Except for one sword swipe, (the shiny bauble) it's been downright awful, especially when compared to the first 3 seasons.

It's still better than 99.9% of stuff on TV, so you shut your whore mouth.

Besides, last episode was good and if they finish strong with the last 2, it's fine. Not as good as the earlier seasons, but things tend to naturally suck more as they last longer.

See me & marriages...

It's still better than 99.9% of stuff on TV, so you shut your whore mouth.

Besides, last episode was good and if they finish strong with the last 2, it's fine. Not as good as the earlier seasons, but things tend to naturally suck more as they last longer.

See me & marriages...
Embrace the mediocrity?

Money you're starting to sound like the emotionally abused IU fans on the premie. We should just take what can get and be happy we are IU fans? Sound familiar?

I think the apt comparison for IU Basketball fans is we're like Sansa on her wedding night.

Yeah....in fact I'm going to expand on that: Firing RMK was seeing our dad's head cut off, the Mike Davis years were our courtship with Joffrey, the Sampson violations were like the Red Wedding, the first couple years with CTC werelike being married to Tyrion (just publicly embarrassing), then we showed moments of strength in 2013 right before we were raped by Syracuse's 2-3 zone while Coach Reek watched helplessly crying in the corner.

We are most definitely Sansa.

Last edited:
I think the apt comparison for IU Basketball fans is we're like Sansa on her wedding night.

Yeah....in fact I'm going to expand on that: Firing RMK was seeing our dad's head cut off, the Mike Davis years were our courtship with Joffrey, the Sampson violations were like the Red Wedding, the first couple years with CTC werelike being married to Tyrion (just publicly embarrassing), then we showed moments of strength in 2013 right before we were raped by Syracuse's 2-3 zone while Coach Reek watched helplessly crying in the corner.

We are most definitely Sansa.

This literally made me chortle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT