ADVERTISEMENT

My cousin's husband is going to be on TNT tonight regarding his 3-point shooting skills.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
His name is Mike Ayers and he played for Brown County High School during the 1970s. He is a member of the Brown County YMCA and hit over 100 straight 3-pointers a few years ago.

My cousin said the documentary is going to be somewhere between 5:30 and 8:00 tonight. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case any of your know him. He used to be an air traffic controller at Indianapolis, but he's now retired. He and my cousin had triplets for kids. My cousin's name is Marilyn and she's a great person. She graduated from Brown County High School in 1972.

His name is Mike Ayers and he played for Brown County High School during the 1970s. He is a member of the Brown County YMCA and hit over 100 straight 3-pointers a few years ago.

My cousin said the documentary is going to be somewhere between 5:30 and 8:00 tonight. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case any of your know him. He used to be an air traffic controller at Indianapolis, but he's now retired. He and my cousin had triplets for kids. My cousin's name is Marilyn and she's a great person. She graduated from Brown County High School in 1972.
He and his friend, Greg Taggart, go to the Y every morning and shoot around. They get upset if they don’t make 20 or more in a row. I know it’s not the same when you’re not being guarded but still pretty amazing. My wife had both of them in class in the early 70’s. And dang I just read this and would have loved to watch it.

Reactions: sglowrider
He and his friend, Greg Taggart, go to the Y every morning and shoot around. They get upset if they don’t make 20 or more in a row. I know it’s not the same when you’re not being guarded but still pretty amazing. My wife had both of them in class in the early 70’s. And dang I just read this and would have loved to watch it.
Was your wife a teacher at Brown County Schools or a fellow student of Greg and Mike? I originally am from Brown County, but my parents moved us to nearby Columbus when I was six years old. My wife, son and I moved to Deer Trails (Gnawbone) in the early 90s and remained there for about 13 or 14 years before returning to Columbus. Both of my parents are from Brown County. As a result, just about anybody in Brown County with the last name of Moore, Bright or Seitz is related to us. In fact, Rennie Seitz Road was named after my great aunt.

Was your wife a teacher at Brown County Schools or a fellow student of Greg and Mike? I originally am from Brown County, but my parents moved us to nearby Columbus when I was six years old. My wife, son and I moved to Deer Trails (Gnawbone) in the early 90s and remained there for about 13 or 14 years before returning to Columbus. Both of my parents are from Brown County. As a result, just about anybody in Brown County with the last name of Moore, Bright or Seitz is related to us. In fact, Rennie Seitz Road was named after my great aunt.
She started teaching at BC in ‘72 and she was there for her whole career. She taught for 34 years. Depends on which branch of M, B, & S it was but I’m sure I had some of them, and I’m sure she did, as well. I taught at BC for 26 years.

Reactions: kkott
She started teaching at BC in ‘72 and she was there for her whole career. She taught for 34 years. Depends on which branch of M, B, & S it was but I’m sure I had some of them, and I’m sure she did, as well. I taught at BC for 26 years.
Do you remember Ron and Connie Weddle? Connie is my cousin. Her parents (Grace and Bob Balser) owned the Hickory Shades Motel on Highway 46 in Belmont. What about Diane Greller? I had her for my English teacher my sophomore year at Columbus High School. She was great! What about Jan Wettschurack? He and his wife live a street away from us in Columbus. The two of you also might know our son. His name is Matt Moore and he graduated from Brown County High School in 2002. He went to a private school for dyslexia in Bloomington for six or more years before going to school in Brown County. By the way, plumber Loren Moore was my father's brother. He was well known in Brown County. He was the father-in-law of Mike Ayers before passing away a few years ago.

Have we talked ball at the original big woods bar?

Have we talked ball at the original big woods bar?
Are you referring to the one in Nashville, IN? I've been there numerous times with Ric Fox. He was the Director of IT for Brown County government and I placed a lot of copiers with him. We also graduated together from Columbus High School in 1972. Ric's wife is a teacher at Brown County High School. They're both great people.

Are you referring to the one in Nashville, IN? I've been there numerous times with Ric Fox. He was the Director of IT for Brown County government and I placed a lot of copiers with him. We also graduated together from Columbus High School in 1972. Ric's wife is a teacher at Brown County High School. They're both great people.
Thats the one. But I was wondering if @bwcoach was the same guy who was retired and tended bar occasionally to help out in the beginning.

Thats the one. But I was wondering if @bwcoach was the same guy who was retired and tended bar occasionally to help out in the beginning.
Geez you guys are good. To make a long answer short it would be yes to all those questions. I retired from BW right before it shut down. I probably served you both at one time or the other. Especially if you were with Ric. He probably talked your ear off. I do work with him some at HT. Wettschurack was a real goofball and a good teacher. Ever see him tell him Coach said hey. The Weddles moved to Florida after their son’s debacle. Now their old place is a sh*^ show. Zootopia bought it. I’m pretty sure I had Matt in class. Can’t put a face to the name though. Loren was such a great guy. Had his grandson and granddaughter in Track. Great runners. And I ‘might’ have talked to you last summer when you all had a class reunion or something where you came up to HT looking for Ric. And my wife knows everyone as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT