ADVERTISEMENT

Go Illini, put a nail in it!

Allen was supposed to be a defensive guru and something he could always hang his hat on: reality has said otherwise. The man is not a good head football coach, and maybe just an ok defensive coordinator to boot. Time to move on.

Reactions: jsenleo
Allen was supposed to be a defensive guru and something he could always hang his hat on: reality has said otherwise. The man is not a good head football coach, and maybe just an ok defensive coordinator to boot. Time to move on.
He's not a defensive guru, never has been. He was a linebacker coach at Mississippi and probably got this job primarily because he had recruiting connections in Indy and Florida.

Long term?! I've been with IU FB for 45 years... your thinking is not long term...it's twisted and sad...you just don't get it. Nuff said ..to stupid to argue ..

Are you trying to make an argument to keep Allen? If so, what is the rationale? I don’t care about the money factor. How will he help the program moving forward? What promise does he show you?

Long term?! I've been with IU FB for 45 years... your thinking is not long term...it's twisted and sad...you just don't get it. Nuff said ..to stupid to argue ..
There is no argument here. Allen is an awful head coach. His record proves it. He's had more than enough time to show otherwise. What is there to get?? If you think the $20 mil buyout is that big of a deal then you have your head buried in the sand. The money is there and waiting another year to get rid of the clown is just plain dumb.

Eff the 4-2-5 too and all it’s stupid position names!!! His vaunted 4-2-5 got shredded again today and got zero pressure on the qb, no matter who was rushing and from where. If I saw one more CB blitz today that didn’t “get home” and the then pass completed in the vacated area, I was gonna put my remote thru the screen!!! And 3 times in the first 20 minutes an IU CB in zone coverage had no one behind him for busted coverages totaling probably 120-140 yards gained on those 3 plays.

There is no argument here. Allen is an awful head coach. His record proves it. He's had more than enough time to show otherwise. What is there to get?? If you think the $20 mil buyout is that big of a deal then you have your head buried in the sand. The money is there and waiting another year to get rid of the clown is just plain dumb.
20 M may be a smaller sum in the overall picture of IU’s total budget. But there also would be 20M worth of embarrassment to the BOD. Maybe that slows their trigger pull.

I don’t understand your post.
Is this a pro Allan post? Or just negative towards jacksback?
Maybe the meaning is obvious, but I don’t understand.

You Obviously haven’t been paying attention during that period if you think TA is the answer here.

Reactions: bang63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT