ADVERTISEMENT

At least the Zebras were consistent.......

They really put the nail in the coffin, but our not making 3's and inability to make FREE throws was inexcusable.

Actually not. Back to back plays in first half where Trey gets bumped on drive and no and 1. Damask does same thing and gets the and 1.

Back to back again when Walker charged and no call then Hawkins lowers shoulder and gets a charge.

I have more but it doesn't matter. We lost.

Reactions: bbafficionado
The turning point of the game was around the 9:30m mark of the 2nd half, when the refs called like 6-7 fouls on 3-4 consecutive possession! IU was called for 3 fouls on 1 possession during this giving all the momentum to Illini! IU will not get any referee benefit the rest of this season because they know we arent going anywhere! We will not get any home or away calls Especially against teams that are still tourny eligible!

The 4th foul on Malik was a bad call. The 5th wasn’t bad either. That changed the game too

Walker getting a 94-feet from the basket knucklehead foul turned the tide. He then had consecutive turnovers. I’m guessing Woodson looked at his bench and saw only Sparks and Banks then decided “screw it, I don’t have anyone better.” Helluva thing in year 3 to not have an adequate roster.

Walker getting a 94-feet from the basket knucklehead foul turned the tide. He then had consecutive turnovers. I’m guessing Woodson looked at his bench and saw only Sparks and Banks then decided “screw it, I don’t have anyone better.” Helluva thing in year 3 to not have an adequate roster.
He built this ship, he can sink with it. $1million dollar raise. jfc.

Actually not. Back to back plays in first half where Trey gets bumped on drive and no and 1. Damask does same thing and gets the and 1.

Back to back again when Walker charged and no call then Hawkins lowers shoulder and gets a charge.

I have more but it doesn't matter. We lost.
I was being sarcastic re: the refs. But had we had we made free throws at a reasonable % or hit a 3 we'd would have won.
We always seem to get the short end of the calls, but having major deficiencies in these 2 areas are a much bigger problem

I was being sarcastic re: the refs. But had we had we made free throws at a reasonable % or hit a 3 we'd would have won.
We always seem to get the short end of the calls, but having major deficiencies in these 2 areas are a much bigger problem

Sorry. I was not in the right mindset for sarcasm.

offensive rebound differential too. Don't think I've ever seen a team get a hand on so many rebounds and come up with so few. Unless someone grabs it with 2 certain hands, I expect us to lose it. MM did a better job of securing rebounds today. We give away a ton of points. If you look at the stats, it's hard to see how we kept it so close for so long.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT