ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia governor to open movie theaters, gyms etc..

Maybe Kemp thought the guidelines said they needed a two-week decline in the number of citizens.

Conspiracy theory I heard and don't support, but still wouldn't be surprised given that it's Kemp.... Kemp's wants to reopen with the probability it will affect the minority community more, you know sick and/or dead, to better his re-election odds.

Again, conspiracy theory but you can't put it past those Repubs. As T-Pain once said, "You gotta win, win, win, no matter what..."

Defend? I guess I understand where they are coming from, even if I do not 100% agree with the methods.

Look, the estimate for when this will end keeps getting pushed out. And the initial idea was to bend the curve so that the health system would not be overwhelmed, but the unsaid part of that is that we are going to have to take our medicine with this virus. There may never be a vaccine. So at a certain point, scary as I think it may be, we are going to have to reopen. And I think that timeframe is going to need to be in the next few weeks or else we go from a viral caused hardship to an economically caused one.
You’re defending. When you lie about sizes of gatherings, that’s defending...and lying. Which unfortunately today has become synonymous.

You’ll recall I’m one of the first on here to state that we need to figure out when is too long to remain locked down. I personally don’t think, as the data rolls in, that two weeks from now is the right time. This thing is trending in the right direction and sudden interjections are likely to change that trend. why do you think the next couple of weeks are the right time? What is your trend analysis showing you or are you succumbing to propaganda and taking points?

Ive also said in here often that I work with Asian markets. I’ve watched Japan and China both have this thing trending properly and then witnessing them both open back up. Japan’s now back in a national state of emergency due to massive resurgence and China is, well, China.

Yeah, those people protesting are saying that they are ready to go back to work. The curve is bent. That governor's who say it is ok to shop aisles 1-14 of a store but not aisles 15-22 are being stupid.

Look, I agree with flattening the curve, but there are people who realistically think that we should stay shut down into the summer. At a certain point, keeping the economy ground to a halt is going to do more long term damage than opening the country back up.

And yes, those people went out to protest were in groups the size of which you see at every grocery store around here and people acted like they were marching folks off to the gas chamber. Furthermore, they were not breaking any laws, which is another stupid claim I have seen.

Most of us here are lucky, we still have our jobs and are not being expected to live off savings or $1200 government payouts or unemployment. So instead of bashing some of these people, live in their shoes too.

In many cases, the people who are out protesting (many of whom are Trump supporters) are being manipulated and controlled behind the scene by people actually involved with Trump's Campaign. Michigan is an obvious example...

"Some of the rallies are being pushed by Republican-allied groups in battleground states with Democratic governors. According to the Associated Press, last week’s Michigan protest was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, a group co-founded by a GOP state representative and his wife, who is on the advisory board for an official Trump campaign group called “Women for Trump" and is also the co-founder of Michigan Trump Republicans. Another of the event’s promoters, Greg McNeilly, is a long-time political adviser to the wealthy DeVos family, which includes current Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos."

And then there is the Dorr Family- Papa Paul and his sons Ben, Chris and Aaron. This Klan specializes in fomenting civil unrest and anti-Govt rhetoric. And they aren't content to confine themselves to the state they actually live in (Iowa), but have basically targeted the entire upper midwest, esp states with a Dem Governor, or in the case of Ohio a Governor who is not an outright Trumper...

Protests across the Midwest were driven by Facebook groups created by the Dorr family of conservative activists. Ben Dorr is the leader of the Minnesota Gun Rights organization, and along with his brothers, Chris and Aaron, has promoted Facebook groups protesting the guidelines. According to the Washington Post, roughly 200,000 people are members of groups targeting stay-at-home orders in Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. Dorr was a primary organizer for Monday’s rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capital.

“Wisconsinites Against Excessive Quarantine” was created on Wednesday by Ben Dorr. Christopher Dorr is the creator of “Pennsylvanians Against Excessive Quarantine,” as well as “Ohioans Against Excessive Quarantine.” Aaron Dorr is the creator of “New Yorkers Against Excessive Quarantine.” The Dorrs, along with their father Paul, have been been active in a number of political battles over the years, ranging from taking strong pro-gun and anti-abortion stances to fighting public school referendums in Iowa."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/groups-b...-distancing-protests-explainer-165437569.html

The other thing these "protests" have in common with a typical Trump rally (beyond the hats, banners, slogans etc...) is the traveling fan club aspect. Just like any purported "local' Trump rally, a close examination of vehicles that bring the "local citizens" reveals a significant number with out of state license tags. In other words, an obvious aim is to falsely portray the idea that this is homegrown opposition from a state like Michigan or Pennsylvania when the reality is many of the "protestors" are people who travel from state to state from one protest (or Trump rally) to the next one.

As to this Paul Dorr, I only learned about him today but he seems to be the epitome of bat shit crazy. He's spent the better part of 20 yrs organizing opposition to bond referendums for public education thruout the rural upper Northwest because in his own words "Public education is a sin against God".

After one of his well-orchestrated media-savvy campaigns, he basically leaves the ruins of a scorched earth policy where friendships are fractured, people who were once neighbors are now sworn enemies and mistrust is rampant. It's not only an obsession- it's a family business and he basically ruins lives.

He has no local interest, it's not an issue that affects him or his family in any manner, and after destroying a town in Minnesota, he just moves on to the next campaign in Iowa, Michigan or where ever. He strikes me as pure evil, as well as looney tunes... And THAT is exactly the type of people driving this protest movement, manipulating people with legitimate concerns the same way he wreaks havoc in rural communities and pits citizen against citizen...

https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/08/29/paul-dorr-tactics-to-defeat-school-referendums

You’re defending. When you lie about sizes of gatherings, that’s defending...and lying. Which unfortunately today has become synonymous.

You’ll recall I’m one of the first on here to state that we need to figure out when is too long to remain locked down. I personally don’t think, as the data rolls in, that two weeks from now is the right time. This thing is trending in the right direction and sudden interjections are likely to change that trend. why do you think the next couple of weeks are the right time? What is your trend analysis showing you or are you succumbing to propaganda and taking points?

Ive also said in here often that I work with Asian markets. I’ve watched Japan and China both have this thing trending properly and then witnessing them both open back up. Japan’s now back in a national state of emergency due to massive resurgence and China is, well, China.

I think we are screwed no matter what we do.

I firmly believe that whether we wait now, 2 weeks from now, a month from now, etc. that the virus is going to hit us. All we can do is try and keep enough spaces available at hospitals to try and cope.

It sucks, but that is where I am at.

Reactions: stollcpa
Conspiracy theory I heard and don't support, but still wouldn't be surprised given that it's Kemp.... Kemp's wants to reopen with the probability it will affect the minority community more, you know sick and/or dead, to better his re-election odds.

Again, conspiracy theory but you can't put it past those Repubs. As T-Pain once said, "You gotta win, win, win, no matter what..."

He's got 2 Senate seats and a POTUS to defend, and in at least one case the most formidable opposition could be the leader of the largest Black congregation in the country. He isn't up for re-election till 2022 himself, but I can't imagine why you'd have any doubt over the role politics is playing in every move he makes...

In many cases, the people who are out protesting (many of whom are Trump supporters) are being manipulated and controlled behind the scene by people actually involved with Trump's Campaign. Michigan is an obvious example...

"Some of the rallies are being pushed by Republican-allied groups in battleground states with Democratic governors. According to the Associated Press, last week’s Michigan protest was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, a group co-founded by a GOP state representative and his wife, who is on the advisory board for an official Trump campaign group called “Women for Trump" and is also the co-founder of Michigan Trump Republicans. Another of the event’s promoters, Greg McNeilly, is a long-time political adviser to the wealthy DeVos family, which includes current Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos."

And then there is the Dorr Family- Papa Paul and his sons Ben, Chris and Aaron. This Klan specializes in fomenting civil unrest and anti-Govt rhetoric. And they aren't content to confine themselves to the state they actually live in (Iowa), but have basically targeted the entire upper midwest, esp states with a Dem Governor, or in the case of Ohio a Governor who is not an outright Trumper...

Protests across the Midwest were driven by Facebook groups created by the Dorr family of conservative activists. Ben Dorr is the leader of the Minnesota Gun Rights organization, and along with his brothers, Chris and Aaron, has promoted Facebook groups protesting the guidelines. According to the Washington Post, roughly 200,000 people are members of groups targeting stay-at-home orders in Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. Dorr was a primary organizer for Monday’s rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capital.

“Wisconsinites Against Excessive Quarantine” was created on Wednesday by Ben Dorr. Christopher Dorr is the creator of “Pennsylvanians Against Excessive Quarantine,” as well as “Ohioans Against Excessive Quarantine.” Aaron Dorr is the creator of “New Yorkers Against Excessive Quarantine.” The Dorrs, along with their father Paul, have been been active in a number of political battles over the years, ranging from taking strong pro-gun and anti-abortion stances to fighting public school referendums in Iowa."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/groups-b...-distancing-protests-explainer-165437569.html

The other thing these "protests" have in common with a typical Trump rally (beyond the hats, banners, slogans etc...) is the traveling fan club aspect. Just like any purported "local' Trump rally, a close examination of vehicles that bring the "local citizens" reveals a significant number with out of state license tags. In other words, an obvious aim is to falsely portray the idea that this is homegrown opposition from a state like Michigan or Pennsylvania when the reality is many of the "protestors" are people who travel from state to state from one protest (or Trump rally) to the next one.

As to this Paul Dorr, I only learned about him today but he seems to be the epitome of bat shit crazy. He's spent the better part of 20 yrs organizing opposition to bond referendums for public education thruout the rural upper Northwest because in his own words "Public education is a sin against God".

After one of his well-orchestrated media-savvy campaigns, he basically leaves the ruins of a scorched earth policy where friendships are fractured, people who were once neighbors are now sworn enemies and mistrust is rampant. It's not only an obsession- it's a family business and he basically ruins lives.

He has no local interest, it's not an issue that affects him or his family in any manner, and after destroying a town in Minnesota, he just moves on to the next campaign in Iowa, Michigan or where ever. He strikes me as pure evil, as well as looney tunes... And THAT is exactly the type of people driving this protest movement, manipulating people with legitimate concerns the same way he wreaks havoc in rural communities and pits citizen against citizen...

https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/08/29/paul-dorr-tactics-to-defeat-school-referendums

So they act like any other protest. I don't find that shocking at all.

Exhibit B for my attitude today. Exhibit A was meridian's Hitler comment.

Any time.

I bet you'd rather it happening elsewhere...?
Just glad to understand so clearly that you're as bigoted as anyone on this board, MT.

Despite your pretensions, you're not a humanitarian . . . you're just as "me" focused as Trump . . . and jealous that he's in office and that your guy won't sniff the presidency.

Reactions: hoosboot
I think we are screwed no matter what we do.

I firmly believe that whether we wait now, 2 weeks from now, a month from now, etc. that the virus is going to hit us. All we can do is try and keep enough spaces available at hospitals to try and cope.

It sucks, but that is where I am at.
"Going to"? Where do you live, crazy?

The county in which I live - what has been a deep red suburban area north of Atlanta - has had 1215 cases of coronavirus and 59 deaths from it. I think we done been hit . . . .

To put Kemp's election into perspective, it took an even dumber and more egregious liar to lose to him. It was a true battle of the titans. Stacey Abrams may be the dumbest politician I have ever met, but I am confident that she would be as premature as Kemp in opening up restaurants down here, just for a different reason.

Yeah- THAT was the reason Abrams lost... It wasn't the deliberate voting suppression tactics Kemp conveniently put into place in his role as Sec of State. You know the usual- "purging" voters, closing down polling stations to increase long lines and dissuade prospective Abrams voters, restricting voter registrations...

Kemp was Sec of State for 8 yrs and used that time to reshape the entire electorate... It's amazing you'd even try to deny that the GOP is determined to limit voting-since Trump came out and basically admitted as much a week or so ago. I bet you're against mail-in voting as well, despite the fact that the only documented case of voter fraud involving mailed/dropped off ballots this century and their "collection" was the 2018 House race in NC where the GOP operative was blatant in his attempt to steal the election...

"Brian Kemp is Georgia’s governor due to one of the most controversial elections in recent memory. As secretary of state since 2010, he had eight years to winnow the electorate to his liking before November 2018, and did so by purging 1.4 million voters from the rolls, placing thousands of registrations on hold, and overseeing the closure or relocation of nearly half of the state’s precincts and polling sites. The unstated goal — though it was clear to anyone watching similar efforts by Republicans across the South — was to reduce the voting power of unfavorable constituencies: black people, poor people, students, and others. A study from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution published on Friday shows just how successful these efforts were."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/georgia-voter-suppression-under-kemp.html

He's got 2 Senate seats and a POTUS to defend, and in at least one case the most formidable opposition could be the leader of the largest Black congregation in the country. He isn't up for re-election till 2022 himself, but I can't imagine why you'd have any doubt over the role politics is playing in every move he makes...
Kemp is purely a political animal. His protestation that he didn't know about the transmitibility of the coronavirus from an asymptomatic infected person was, IMO, a politically motivated lie to cover for his political, health and economic miscalculation that Georgia could skate by with little impact from the virus. If there are lingering effects from this downturn - health and/or economic - he's going to have a hard time retaining the governorship, IMO.

Here’s the thing about movie theaters: it’s minimum wage labor and there’s only a couple people employed and it’s basically a part-time job. Hell I did it when I was in high school! You’re not putting the economy back to work by opening movie theaters but you are potentially exposing thousands of people to the coronavirus. I am optimistic that people are going to say “are you freaking kidding me why would I go to a movie theater? I’m staying at home watching Netflix.”Or God forbid they decide to reading a book instead.

So they act like any other protest. I don't find that shocking at all.

No. In my experience when the resistance (for example) has organized a protest, they have been very forthcoming that it was a "national" event, and that people have traveled to attend. I don't recall any subterfuge where a specific GOP Governor has been targeted and they pretended that it was the local citizens exclusively protesting...

The targets are deliberately chosen, and for the most part, they are Dem Governors who are actually popular in their states. Most of them (like Whitmer or Evers for example) were just elected in 2018 and aren't even facing a vote in 2020. But Trump is, and he is behind in these crucial states, some of which he barely won in 2016. That's why you see people like "Women For Trump" orchestrating behind the scenes in Mich, and similar organizations involved in states like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The main goal is not to restart the economy, it's to misdirect away from Trump's own failures and try and get him re-elected...

Reactions: Sope Creek
Here’s the thing about movie theaters: it’s minimum wage labor and there’s only a couple people employed and it’s basically a part-time job. Hell I did it when I was in high school! You’re not putting the economy back to work by opening movie theaters but you are potentially exposing thousands of people to the coronavirus. I am optimistic that people are going to say “are you freaking kidding me why would I go to a movie theater? I’m staying at home watching Netflix.”Or God forbid they decide to reading a book instead.
And isn't Hollywood all libs anyway? Just saying.

Reactions: UncleMark
"Going to"? Where do you live, crazy?

The county in which I live - what has been a deep red suburban area north of Atlanta - has had 1215 cases of coronavirus and 59 deaths from it. I think we done been hit . . . .

Hamilton County in Indiana, north suburbs of Indianapolis basically.

To explain my "going to", I think that the virus is going to have to run its course through the population so we can build a type of her immunity to it. So I think that flattening the curve is just delaying that eventual reality so that it does not all hit at once. When that happens, the health system is overloaded which could lead to more deaths. So I think we have a few options to us:

1. The Sweden route where you just take all your medicine up front and hope for the herd immunity.

2. Flatten the curve method, which has a few subsets below it. You could go anywhere from an initial flatten with a slow roll out to normalcy all the way to having to flatten the curve with lockdowns every few months.

3. Lockdown until we have a vaccine (I think this one should be a nonstarter)

We have started down path 2, so the decision now is what rolling out to normalcy looks like.

Also, to complicate matters, there potentially appears to be different strains of the virus floating around. The one that hit Europe and New York being a more sever variety than what hit California and Asia. If that is the case, it would indicate the virus is mutating a bit and those mutations can be the deciding factor between how severely the virus hits an area. So do we get into a discussion where locking down New York and curtailing travel from there (and our NATO allies) is something that should be considered while Asia and California have a little less strenuous restrictions?

I think this is going to be a more severe strain of the flu that we deal with seasonally. We'll all be getting our COVID shot along with our flu shots eventually.

Opening is always going to be a tough questions, but I don't see how the US is even close. You guys are a few weeks behind Europe and Europe is just now starting to open.

We started the first of our 5 step opening process this week:

The five-step plan will start on Monday, April 20, with the opening of farmers markets, tradesmen with physical shops, car shops and showrooms, and training facilities for professional athletes. Wedding celebrations with fewer than 10 people will also be allowed to take place.

We closed down early and have had it quite mild as a result. Our total infections are below 7000 and total deaths below 200 up to now. They have started blanket testing and the daily positives have been 1.8 to 2.3% daily for a while now. If things start to spike they will shut things down again. I expect our borders to remain closed most of the rest of the year.

Here is the 5 step plan to reopen as set the the government, it will be interesting to see how it goes:

https://news.expats.cz/coronavirus-...e-step-plan-for-re-opening-shops-restaurants/

Dumb

Reactions: Spartans9312
Kemp is a political animal, but here in Georgia that approach would be political suicide . . .

. . . one fact you might not be aware of is that Kemp ran in 2018 on a platform that included a $5k raise for every teacher in the state. There are an awful lot of teachers who are black . . .

. . . plus there are sizable minority populations in the Atlanta area of all sorts - African-American, Hispanic, Asian, former Soviet bloc countries . . . the GOP here is a predominantly white party, but they know that they are facing some tough sledding in future elections - particularly with suburbanites, especially suburbanite women - if they hammer "minorities" politically as if Georgia were still in the 1950s.

It's subtle, but I think Bulk is saying why open the movies if Hollywood is made up of all liberal types anyway.

That's what I took from it anyway . . . .

Georgia has a very active film commission. A lot of movies film there, maybe Georgia thinks they will endear themselves. But none of the big blockbusters are going to be released until all states are up.

Yeah- THAT was the reason Abrams lost... It wasn't the deliberate voting suppression tactics Kemp conveniently put into place in his role as Sec of State. You know the usual- "purging" voters, closing down polling stations to increase long lines and dissuade prospective Abrams voters, restricting voter registrations...

Kemp was Sec of State for 8 yrs and used that time to reshape the entire electorate... It's amazing you'd even try to deny that the GOP is determined to limit voting-since Trump came out and basically admitted as much a week or so ago. I bet you're against mail-in voting as well, despite the fact that the only documented case of voter fraud involving mailed/dropped off ballots this century and their "collection" was the 2018 House race in NC where the GOP operative was blatant in his attempt to steal the election...

"Brian Kemp is Georgia’s governor due to one of the most controversial elections in recent memory. As secretary of state since 2010, he had eight years to winnow the electorate to his liking before November 2018, and did so by purging 1.4 million voters from the rolls, placing thousands of registrations on hold, and overseeing the closure or relocation of nearly half of the state’s precincts and polling sites. The unstated goal — though it was clear to anyone watching similar efforts by Republicans across the South — was to reduce the voting power of unfavorable constituencies: black people, poor people, students, and others. A study from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution published on Friday shows just how successful these efforts were."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/georgia-voter-suppression-under-kemp.html

It WAS voter suppression. Many, many voters here suppressed any desire to vote for Abrams, and laughter as to those who did. So, we will disagree, including as to the bilge you cite. She is a pluperfect idiot.

Hamilton County in Indiana, north suburbs of Indianapolis basically.

To explain my "going to", I think that the virus is going to have to run its course through the population so we can build a type of her immunity to it. So I think that flattening the curve is just delaying that eventual reality so that it does not all hit at once. When that happens, the health system is overloaded which could lead to more deaths. So I think we have a few options to us:

1. The Sweden route where you just take all your medicine up front and hope for the herd immunity.

2. Flatten the curve method, which has a few subsets below it. You could go anywhere from an initial flatten with a slow roll out to normalcy all the way to having to flatten the curve with lockdowns every few months.

3. Lockdown until we have a vaccine (I think this one should be a nonstarter)

We have started down path 2, so the decision now is what rolling out to normalcy looks like.

Also, to complicate matters, there potentially appears to be different strains of the virus floating around. The one that hit Europe and New York being a more sever variety than what hit California and Asia. If that is the case, it would indicate the virus is mutating a bit and those mutations can be the deciding factor between how severely the virus hits an area. So do we get into a discussion where locking down New York and curtailing travel from there (and our NATO allies) is something that should be considered while Asia and California have a little less strenuous restrictions?

I think this is going to be a more severe strain of the flu that we deal with seasonally. We'll all be getting our COVID shot along with our flu shots eventually.
I was up toward that way in February for a memorial service at Brebeuf of all places. The family I visited with live in Carmel.

I think the deciding factor won't be the decisions that politicians make, but rather the individual choices that we each make about whom we do and don't trust . . . and here I'm talking about who will be at a restaurant for pick up vs. who will be at the same restaurant for dine-in vs. who will be at a movie theater sorts of trust decisions, not GOP vs Dem or Biden vs Trump.

A vaccine will help . . . I don't think the herd immunity notion has any legs at all, from what little has come out of the few studies to date. From what I can tell, the most having the virus does is to allow those who've recovered to provide plasma for treating those who are sick. I haven't seen anything that says with any degree of certainty that having had the virus prevents the chances you'll get the virus again. If you've got better information on that, I'd be happy to see it.

So for some of us - many, I suspect - a lockdown with certain exceptions where the trust factor is perceived to be favorable, plus an effective vaccine, is what it will take to reopen the economy . . . business be damned otherwise. Each of us only gets one life to live . . . no need to waste it because some arsehole misses trading up into a new car every year.

Just glad to understand so clearly that you're as bigoted as anyone on this board, MT.

Despite your pretensions, you're not a humanitarian . . . you're just as "me" focused as Trump . . . and jealous that he's in office and that your guy won't sniff the presidency.

Bigoted? Because I'm happy that Indiana's Governor isn't acting like an absolute moron? I think what the idiot in Georgia is doing is a monumental mistake and will have horrific consequences. If they all do this...just say "F$*%k it!" and let the disease kill a million or so people...the suffering and human damage will be unimaginable...not to imagine the financial nightmare it will create.

When did I ever claim to be a humanitarian? I'm happy that Rush Limbaugh has cancer. He deserves it.

As for "jealous"...? We aren't fans of opposing basketball programs arguing over who has the better coach. This is real life. People...LOTS OF PEOPLE...are suffering horribly and many are dying miserable, lonely deaths. FAR more than necessary because you thought it would be a great idea to put a half-wit into the White House and have cheered his every move as he's destroyed the government that you've foolishly taken for granted. YOUR beloved leader and his short-sighted, self-serving policies have already done REAL harm to my family, dimmed my children's future, and turned the America that I used to love into a hazy memory.

I hope "owning the libs" was worth it.

Georgia has a very active film commission. A lot of movies film there, maybe Georgia thinks they will endear themselves. But none of the big blockbusters are going to be released until all states are up.
Yes, it does, and one of the most active studios in the area is owned by Tyler Perry. Filming here also encompasses TV and made for TV movies . . . stuff like Ozark. You might be right about endearing the state to the film industry . . .

. . . my guess is that Kemp figured there are a lot of people with free time on their hands, and those same folks can do the calculus about the risk of going to a movie theater. It's sort of about FREEDOM!!!, but more likely about trying to keep the social uprising potential as minimal as possible . . . and if a restless person (how many trips to Home Depot can a guy do without going bonkers . . . and broke?) goes to a movie theater instead of taking his gun to a rally, what's wrong with that in comparison to that same person getting into fisticuffs, road rage or worse . . . .

Reactions: hoosboot
Bigoted? Because I'm happy that Indiana's Governor isn't acting like an absolute moron? I think what the idiot in Georgia is doing is a monumental mistake and will have horrific consequences. If they all do this...just say "F$*%k it!" and let the disease kill a million or so people...the suffering and human damage will be unimaginable...not to imagine the financial nightmare it will create.

When did I ever claim to be a humanitarian? I'm happy that Rush Limbaugh has cancer. He deserves it.

As for "jealous"...? We aren't fans of opposing basketball programs arguing over who has the better coach. This is real life. People...LOTS OF PEOPLE...are suffering horribly and many are dying miserable, lonely deaths. FAR more than necessary because you thought it would be a great idea to put a half-wit into the White House and have cheered his every move as he's destroyed the government that you've foolishly taken for granted. YOUR beloved leader and his short-sighted, self-serving policies have already done REAL harm to my family, dimmed my children's future, and turned the America that I used to love into a hazy memory.

You’re quite the guy aren’t you. Calling Trump “Sope’s guy.” Maybe take a break.

You have to be the dumbest poster on the board not to know that I am a lib.

Go away . . . you give the rest of us "libs" a bad name . . . .

Yes, it does, and one of the most active studios in the area is owned by Tyler Perry. Filming here also encompasses TV and made for TV movies . . . stuff like Ozark. You might be right about endearing the state to the film industry . . .

. . . my guess is that Kemp figured there are a lot of people with free time on their hands, and those same folks can do the calculus about the risk of going to a movie theater. It's sort of about FREEDOM!!!, but more likely about trying to keep the social uprising potential as minimal as possible . . . and if a restless person (how many trips to Home Depot can a guy do without going bonkers . . . and broke?) goes to a movie theater instead of taking his gun to a rally, what's wrong with that in comparison to that same person getting into fisticuffs, road rage or worse . . . .

We all have to make our own calculations.

It might be years before I go back to a movie theater. OTOH, if my barber (barberess?) is gowned, masked and gloved, and I can see the evidence they have properly cleaned/sanitized every area I might touch while there, then I'm back right away to getting my hair cut every 4 weeks.

There are also a lot of restaurants and bars I might avoid . . . And there are a lot of bars I like that I might now think about twice or more. I have a feeling I might not be in very many bars in the future. My friends in Reynolds are meeting nightly, while distancing, for neighborhood happy hours. As I've told you, it's a drinking community with a golf problem . . . Hell, I might save money this way.

You're an idiot

We all have to make our own calculations.

It might be years before I go back to a movie theater. OTOH, if my barber (barberess?) is gowned, masked and gloved, and I can see the evidence they have properly cleaned/sanitized every area I might touch while there, then I'm back right away to getting my hair cut every 4 weeks.

There are also a lot of restaurants and bars I might avoid . . . And there are a lot of bars I like that I might now think about twice or more. I have a feeling I might not be in very many bars in the future. My friends in Reynolds are meeting nightly, while distancing, for neighborhood happy hours. As I've told you, it's a drinking community with a golf problem . . . Hell, I might save money this way.
MrsSope has one haircut under her belt, and seems primed to take on the challenge of the 4 guard and 8 guard shearing I get every two weeks . . . next time she's gearing for using the "fade" lever to blend the guards' effects a bit . . .

. . . there's a bit of a sensibility like your wife shaving you . . . could lead to something . . . .

MrsSope has one haircut under her belt, and seems primed to take on the challenge of the 4 guard and 8 guard shearing I get every two weeks . . . next time she's gearing for using the "fade" lever to blend the guards' effects a bit . . .

. . . there's a bit of a sensibility like your wife shaving you . . . could lead to something . . . .

Well, maybe if thigh-high boots with 4-inch heels are also in the mix ....

Kemp doesn’t need them to die. He can just purge some more black voters off the rolls or refuse to put some back on who were wrongfully purged. That’s how he won to begin with. Another few hundred thousand purged should solidify things for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT