ADVERTISEMENT

Gentlemen, I Stand on The Precipice

Oh, I'm an expert at loafing. But even that gets boring after a while.

I hope you get along with your wife. You'll be seeing a lot more of each other. My sister is ready to throw her husband out of the house after not quite a year after his retirement.

I also started going to the gym regularly after I got done with chemo. I'm not in great shape or anything, but I feel a helluva lot better than I did even 5 years ago.

I hope you're taking notes.

Got a 6 week old puppy today.

Pooped and puked on Mom on the way home.

Great start.

Target is fine too. Was in a Meijer recently.... on west 38th in Indy of all places... and was amazed how clean and pleasant it was. And produce/ deli/ meat selection was terrific. And no need to feel like you need a shower like post-Walmart
Nowadays, a lot of the stuff you used to have to take a special trip to Meijer for you can just get right there at Kroger. Anything Kroger doesn't have, if it's an emergency, you can go to Menard's, and if it's not, you can load up Amazon. Virtually no reason to go into Meijer or Walmart anymore.

I have not been in a WallyWorld since 3/15/20 when shit was hitting the fan big time in South FL. It was a horrific experience as every textbook mouth breathing wal mart creature rolled up in my space. I showered for an hour with a wire brush and bleach. It was a terrifying experience that left me with PTSD. I will never enter a WallyWorld again. I am serious.
Walmarts in SoFlo are incredibly backwards. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I hope you get along with your wife. You'll be seeing a lot more of each other. My sister is ready to throw her husband out of the house after not quite a year after his retirement.
I went 30 days before getting my lame ass retirement job. SWMBO started in with the "I hope you're not planning on laying around and doing nothing all day from now on" at about three weeks.

Reactions: BCCHoosier and DANC
I have not been in a WallyWorld since 3/15/20 when shit was hitting the fan big time in South FL. It was a horrific experience as every textbook mouth breathing wal mart creature rolled up in my space. I showered for an hour with a wire brush and bleach. It was a terrifying experience that left me with PTSD. I will never enter a WallyWorld again. I am serious.

sounds frighteningly similar to the last time i ventured in there, almost to the day.

so did you score the toilet paper you braved this for, or was this in vain.

sounds frighteningly similar to the last time i ventured in there, almost to the day.

so did you score the toilet paper you braved this for, or was this in vain.
I can’t recall if TP was a thing yet but we got ours at Costco anyway

I went 30 days before getting my lame ass retirement job. SWMBO started in with the "I hope you're not planning on laying around and doing nothing all day from now on" at about three weeks.
Your "lame ass retirement job" has another name too:

11-Get-Out-of-Jail-Free-Card.jpg

Here's a similar concept. One day my wife watched me mowing the yard on a riding lawnmower. "That looks like fun," she said. "Oh no," I said. "It's a lot of work. You gotta do this and that. You gotta watch out for this and that."

Now, she doesn't even ask me to do stuff when I'm mowing the yard.

Reactions: UncleMark

Here's a similar concept. One day my wife watched me mowing the yard on a riding lawnmower. "That looks like fun," she said. "Oh no," I said. "It's a lot of work. You gotta do this and that. You gotta watch out for this and that."

Now, she doesn't even ask me to do stuff when I'm mowing the yard.
So, you pulled the ol' "Reverse Sawyer" on her.
Nice.

Got that right. She was making noise about all the projects that needed done around the house. I have some skills and talents, but home improvement of any sort ain't one of them. Job came through just in the nick of time.

Now when she says something needs done I give her the numbers of people I know who actually do know what they're doing, and tell her that since I got the job we can afford to pay them.

Reactions: DANC
Got a 6 week old puppy today.

Pooped and puked on Mom on the way home.

Great start.

What breed? The pup?

And who let's a puppy go to his/her new home at six weeks?

Congrats on the retirement. Now, it's time to get to work on all those projects.

yes

a guy in my firm ran it for a few years
I gave that a look and considered seeing what it would take, but then had second thoughts and decided doing something that actually paid money and didn't have any stakes would be the better move.

I gave that a look and considered seeing what it would take, but then had second thoughts and decided doing something that actually paid money and didn't have any stakes would be the better move.
It’s a wonderful thing to do and you’d be great at.

I dunno. Don't you have to be around courtrooms and judges and shit? <shudder>
lmao yeah. youre an opionated ahole. fit right in. what's the difference. only now you'd be helpin a kid. plus if there's any chance of dealing with a hot lawyer it's there

Last edited:
lmao yeah. youre an opionated ahole. fit right in. what's the difference. only now you'd be helpin a kid. plus if there's any chance of dealing with a hot lawyer it's there
I married a hot do-gooder chick, so that's covered. She still cleans up pretty good.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT