ADVERTISEMENT

General Milley / Patriot or Tyrant?

The difference is perspective

1. If you believe in freedom, minimal fed governance and individual rights, then you and I are libertarians. btw this is what our founding fathers (ie, male birthing people for you woke-sters) believed it

2. If you're part of the collective groupthink hive, then you view me as an anarchist.

Strange is the reversal in perspective. In the 1950s-60s (McCarthy/black lists all the way to Kent State /Vietnam), true democratic liberals believed in #1 above. Never trusted 'the man'. All about being a 'free' individual. Peace love dope.

My how things have changed
I wondered because you said you hated both parties. You seem to hate one more than the other, though. I suspect many so-called libertarians often vote R.

Neither. He is a stooge.
  • Jefferson park church photo op (All trump)
  • China phone call (all Pelosi)
  • Bagram (all Blinken)
He’s an ass kissing paper pusher. No mind of his own.
The guy is a Green Beret who was in combat on many occasions.

I wondered because you said you hated both parties. You seem to hate one more than the other, though. I suspect many so-called libertarians often vote R.
trust me, I'm no fan of Mumblin' Mitch or flimsy LIndsey. Both swamp creatures who need to go. Not even going to mention Romney/Pierre Delecto or whatever he goes by today. And wasn't a Palin fan.
I supported many of Trump's policies, but wish he had turned his Twitter account off on day 1. I believe in America First, but the person leading the charge needs to do so with a little more tact. Otherwise the message gets lost in the chaos.

I was a fan of Evan Bayh back in the day and really feel for Joe Manchin. I do like Rand Paul. We need more moderates. Extremism on both sides is tearing the country apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
What if Milley had called up the Taliban and warned them that Biden was about to drone strike an innocent family? Would you feel any different libs?
the admin was really thumping their chests the day of that drone strike...but suddenly no one wants to talk about it. Our intel blew it and we murdered innocent people. But that headline looks bad, so instead the news doesn't cover the story...and it becomes an "un-story". Like it never happened.

Shouldn't we look at Bob Woodward as a guy who now makes a living writing best sellers as contrasted with the hungry salaried upstart investigative reporter working around the clock at the Washington Post some fifty years ago.

Heck, he may be sharing a room with Trump and Biden soon at the Trump Golden Arches Nursing Home which specializes in assisted living for the cognitively impaired.

So many dumb hillbillies in this thread being dumb hillbillies because they listen to other dumb hillbillies for their information.

Milley was doing his job, nothing more, nothing less. Y'all are a bunch of low information mooks .. considering Trump once suggested nuking a hurricane .. we should all be glad Milley was there.

Unslack that jaw ... quit listening to propaganda and for god sakes get a f**king life beyond being outraged about shit "y'all" obviously don't and never will comprehend.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/15/1037454733/milley-defends-call-to-chinese-general-about-trump

Last edited:
So many dumb hillbillies in this thread being dumb hillbillies because they listen to other dumb hillbillies for their information.

Milley was doing his job, nothing more, nothing less. Y'all are a bunch of low information mooks .. considering Trump once suggested nuking a hurricane .. we should all be glad Milley was there.

Unslack that jaw ... quit listening to propaganda and for god sakes get a f**king life beyond being outraged about shit "y'all" obviously don't and never will comprehend.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/15/1037454733/milley-defends-call-to-chinese-general-about-trump
Dumb

There are similarities to the final days of the Nixon presidency. A couple of weeks after Nixon resigned, a New York Times front page story was headlined, "Pentagon Kept Tight Rein in Last Days of Nixon Rule: [Defense Secretary James] Schlesinger and the Joint Chiefs Acted to Insure White House Gave Military Units No Unauthorized Orders." There were serious concerns that an unhinged Nixon could go rogue and order Armageddon. Schlesinger directed that if Nixon gave any nuclear order, military commanders should check with him or Henry Kissinger before executing them. The article further describes Schlesinger and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs as keeping "unusually close control over lines of command" during the last days of Nixon's presidency.

Of course that was then and this is now. There is/was certainly no need to worry about the impulses of a man who refused to acknowledge he lost an election, refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of his successor's presidency, encouraged supporters to come to a "wild" rally in DC to protest the stolen election, and once inquired why we have nuclear weapons if we don't use them.
"There is/was certainly no need to worry about the impulses of a man who refused to acknowledge he lost an election, refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of his successor's presidency, encouraged supporters to come to a "wild" rally in DC to protest the stolen election, and once inquired why we have nuclear weapons if we don't use them."

Mic drop...Can you imagine the uproar at Fox if this had been Obama? I guess it doesn't rise to the level of wearing a TAN suit, but still...

he wouldn't have been there had trump tried to start a war.

Or if the aliens had landed and invaded.

See how easy it is when we play make believe?
Well, it certainly appears that Milley was not the only person in the Trump Admin who had concluded that Trump was a moron capable of such actions... Notice how more than a few folks had already reached that conclusion after less than a year of experiencing Trump...
It wasn't just Milley or Taylor...

Well, it certainly appears that Milley was not the only person in the Trump Admin who had concluded that Trump was a moron capable of such actions... Notice how more than a few folks had already reached that conclusion after less than a year of experiencing Trump...

You still roll out Fredo after the debacle with his big bro Sonny? Sorry no credibility. He should be off the air.

And I heard Pompeo say the exact opposite tonight.

Yet there was no evidence of a threat of war. Zero. None. Look at Afghanistan now. N Korea. Far more dangerous now.

And yet he's the one that Trump personally picked for the position over the recommendation of Mattis and the incumbent CJCS....as Trump was pissed off at Mattis.
It's just amazing that Trumpers are all about the Thin Blue Line, except the Capitol Police, and very respectful of members of the military, unless they cross Trump.
Law and order party indeed... :rolleyes:

Shouldn't we look at Bob Woodward as a guy who now makes a living writing best sellers as contrasted with the hungry salaried upstart investigative reporter working around the clock at the Washington Post some fifty years ago.

Heck, he may be sharing a room with Trump and Biden soon at the Trump Golden Arches Nursing Home which specializes in assisted living for the cognitively impaired.
ok that last part was funny. Yeah I am skeptical of Woodward's motives (although most would agree he leans to the left and this story does the left NO favors). But....Milley's silence over the past 24 hrs doesn't help his cause at all.

It's just amazing that Trumpers are all about the Thin Blue Line, except the Capitol Police, and very respectful of members of the military, unless they cross Trump.
If these accusations are true, then what Milley did was more than 'cross Trump'. I listened to a retired JAG lawyer last night. Milley has some serious legal issues if all of this is true.

This has nothing to do with beat cops in the city. Not even close. Ridiculous to even try connecting those dots. Once military men get to this level, they are politicians as much as they are military men, regardless of the clothes they put on every morning. Example...if Milley was that concerned, why did he run to Pelosi and Schumer, and not to Trump's SECDEF? He made this political the moment he chose to side bar with those two.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Hard to say. Seems like most people who took that NYT survey reported they were pretty middle of the road. Kind of like everyone here is a genius-level super rich Olympic athlete.
:D
I couldn't take the survey but those things often funnel you to a certain area. The reality is that most people are not so easily placed into the boxes that we each like to put each other in. For myself, depending on circumstances, my own views will fluctuate on the same topic.

I think we have an area where we are politically comfortable, but most of us will roam outside the fence a little bit depending on the topic.

If these accusations are true, then what Milley did was more than 'cross Trump'. I listened to a retired JAG lawyer last night. Milley has some serious legal issues if all of this is true.

This has nothing to do with beat cops in the city. Not even close. Ridiculous to even try connecting those dots. Once military men get to this level, they are politicians as much as they are military men, regardless of the clothes they put on every morning. Example...if Milley was that concerned, why did he run to Pelosi and Schumer, and not to Trump's SECDEF? He made this political the moment he chose to side bar with those two.
Fair point...well said.

Not amazing at all.

One would assume that the Capital Police would have the Pelosi stink on them. So, no surprise there. Also, that the pentagon generals would be political paper tiger ass kissers.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Fair point...well said.
and let's be honest...both sides 'play' to groups to get votes. And that goes as far as who a Prez candidate picks as their VP candidate...it's called the "shore up the base" choice.

Biden picked Harris for the women/black vote
Trump picked Pence to shore up the far right/religious right vote
Obama picked Biden to shore up the white/moderate vote
McCain picked Palin as a hail mary to try and swing the women vote
Bush picked Cheney for the 'experience' vote

If you can't accept this...well you're just not being honest with yourself and the nature of the beast in this country.

The only thing each party hates more than each other...is a viable 3rd party candidate (just ask Bush Sr, ref Ross Perot...maybe even Gore, re: Nader...and to some degree, Trump as Jo Jorgenson took just enough votes from Trump to possibly flip Wisconsin). There is a reason we'll never see a real 3rd party- because the other 2 parties will not stand for it.

Pandering to the unions, the gun industry, the green industry, the oil industry, planned parenthood, coal industry. The military machine (GD, Lockheed, etc...of which, I am a part of and see first hand almost every day). Everyone is an useful idiot to some politician, somewhere. We are all getting played daily by someone in DC in one of the two parties.

That's why I throw around the term "sheeple" like I do. This thing is not running the way Jefferson/Adams/Hancock envisioned. The concept of a 'representative' government has become a farce. Big interests/lobby ownes most everyone once they settle inside the Beltway.

yeah...I guess I am starting to sound like an Anarchist. But less we forget...anarchists are exactly what our founding fathers were, as far as the King of England was concerned.

and let's be honest...both sides 'play' to groups to get votes. And that goes as far as who a Prez candidate picks as their VP candidate...it's called the "shore up the base" choice.

Biden picked Harris for the women/black vote
Trump picked Pence to shore up the far right/religious right vote
Obama picked Biden to shore up the white/moderate vote
McCain picked Palin as a hail mary to try and swing the women vote
Bush picked Cheney for the 'experience' vote

If you can't accept this...well you're just not being honest with yourself and the nature of the beast in this country.

The only thing each party hates more than each other...is a viable 3rd party candidate (just ask Bush Sr, ref Ross Perot...maybe even Gore, re: Nader...and to some degree, Trump as Jo Jorgenson took just enough votes from Trump to possibly flip Wisconsin). There is a reason we'll never see a real 3rd party- because the other 2 parties will not stand for it.

Pandering to the unions, the gun industry, the green industry, the oil industry, planned parenthood, coal industry. The military machine (GD, Lockheed, etc...of which, I am a part of and see first hand almost every day). Everyone is an useful idiot to some politician, somewhere. We are all getting played daily by someone in DC in one of the two parties.

That's why I throw around the term "sheeple" like I do. This thing is not running the way Jefferson/Adams/Hancock envisioned. The concept of a 'representative' government has become a farce. Big interests/lobby ownes most everyone once they settle inside the Beltway.

yeah...I guess I am starting to sound like an Anarchist.
Have you met i've got winners?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT