ADVERTISEMENT

General Milley / Patriot or Tyrant?

ask yourself a question....if Trump were still president, and had made such a call...would Nancy try to impeach him for it?

You bet your ass. She impeached him for a lesser phone call. Say what you want about Trump's Ukraine call, but it didn't have shades of treason in it.

So then why isn't the left in an uproar over Milley's call/actions?
Because it was in defiance of Trump, whom they hate to the point of blindness.

Crimes are acceptable, even praised, if they gain points against your political enemies.
And no one is held accountable...because they have all the power already (btw...where the hell is John Durham? Is he even still alive??)

That's how screwed up DC is now.

Enjoy your cake, sheeple
It's certainly fair to argue his motivations.

My thought is that if he truly had the level of concern represented, he should have resigned, and spoke to members of both parties in Congress, instead of having secret negotiations with only the high-ranking members of the opposition. That's why he's a bum, among other reasons.
I get that. For my purposes, I’ve only been focusing on the discussion with the Chinese.

Reactions: bigmac76
One can see the reasoning behind what Milley did and understand how it could be in our country's best interest...even if you don't agree with it.

However, the only reason behind Trump's abuse of power in his phone call was for personal gain.

There is a distinct difference.

That's an asinine comparison. Completely beside the point.

What if Milley had called up the Taliban and warned them that Biden was about to drone strike an innocent family? Would you feel any different libs?
A yabbut in the form of a question. Nicely done. Aren’t you the self-important asshole who is always randomly jumping in threads with the “yabbut yabbut yabbut” reply, or am I confusing you with some other self-important asshole? In my defense, it’s hard to tell all of you apart.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ask yourself a question....if Trump were still president, and had made such a call...would Nancy try to impeach him for it?

You bet your ass. She impeached him for a lesser phone call. Say what you want about Trump's Ukraine call, but it didn't have shades of treason in it.

So then why isn't the left in an uproar over Milley's call/actions?
Because it was in defiance of Trump, whom they hate to the point of blindness.

Crimes are acceptable, even praised, if they gain points against your political enemies.
And no one is held accountable...because they have all the power already (btw...where the hell is John Durham? Is he even still alive??)

That's how screwed up DC is now.

Enjoy your cake, sheeple.
Why would Pelosi even consider impeaching Trump if Trump called his counterpart in China to assure China that the United States was stable and not going to attack China as Milley did ?

One can see the reasoning behind what Milley did and understand how it could be in our country's best interest...even if you don't agree with it.

However, the only reason behind Trump's abuse of power in his phone call was for personal gain.

There is a distinct difference.
Milley's reasoning? pls explain the reasoning behind Milley thinking Trump was at risk of launching nukes or another offensive against China. Reasoning based on facts. There is no evidence that there was even the slightest risk this might become reality. Trump is the first pres since Carter to not start up a military conflict somewhere on this planet. The facts do not support his actions.

And further...your point falls apart even more when Milley chose to discuss the matter with Schumer and Pelosi. Schumer wasn't even senate maj leader yet. That move alone tells you this stinks of politics.

And then....you have the call to the Chinese general. Telling our enemies that, if we were to attack, we'll give them a head's up...so maybe they can launch a first strike...that is somehow in 'our country's best interest" ? Do tell, I'd love to hear how that is in my best interest.

Did VP Biden abuse his power, when he demanded the Ukrainian investigator (looking into Hunter and Burisma) be fired, while holding Obama's money as hostage? Seems like that was for personal gain as much or even more than Trump's call.

If the rules aren't applied evenly, we're all hypocrites being run by overlords who are above the law.

Wake up sheeple.

Why would Pelosi even consider impeaching Trump if Trump called his counterpart in China to assure China that the United States was stable and not going to attack China as Milley did ?
if Trump told them that he'd give them a heads up if an attack was coming...which is what Milley did. Finish the story.

Milley's reasoning? pls explain the reasoning behind Milley thinking Trump was at risk of launching nukes or another offensive against China. Reasoning based on facts. There is no evidence that there was even the slightest risk this might become reality. Trump is the first pres since Carter to not start up a military conflict somewhere on this planet. The facts do not support his actions.

And further...your point falls apart even more when Milley chose to discuss the matter with Schumer and Pelosi. Schumer wasn't even senate maj leader yet. That move alone tells you this stinks of politics.

And then....you have the call to the Chinese general. Telling our enemies that, if we were to attack, we'll give them a head's up...so maybe they can launch a first strike...that is somehow in 'our country's best interest" ? Do tell, I'd love to hear how that is in my best interest.

Did VP Biden abuse his power, when he demanded the Ukrainian investigator (looking into Hunter and Burisma) be fired, while holding Obama's money as hostage? Seems like that was for personal gain as much or even more than Trump's call.

If the rules aren't applied evenly, we're all hypocrites being run by overlords who are above the law.

Wake up sheeple.
I’ve yet to hear any convincing reason for Milley to believe Trump would actually start a war.

You are correct that it stinks of politics.

That is, of course, assuming any of this is even true.

Wake up sheeple.

Yes, given all the smoke about Trump's mental state, there is reason to believe he is unhinged enough to do anything. Apparently China was worried about it. If another country is thinking of preemptively striking because of the behavior of our president, then I would prefer someone pull a Milley over the alternative.

Do you think Milley did it for personal gain? I'm not sure what other explanation there would be other than he believed what he was doing was for the good of the country. If he was doing it for political favor, then he would likely have leaked it himself.

Biden wasn't the only one to think the Ukranian investigator should be fired.

If you want to scroll to the bottom, then you can see the results of that bogus claim.

Your partisan views are showing ;)

I’ve yet to hear any convincing reason for Milley to believe Trump would actually start a war.

He obviously found out that China was worried about Trump's mental state and felt the need to respond as he did.

What would he have gained personally from making the call? I don't see how it can be twisted as something done for selfish or political reasons.

Just so we are clear here.... we are taking Bob Woodward's writing as gospel now?

Hard to keep up when goalposts move so so quick around here with the tribes

He obviously found out that China was worried about Trump's mental state and felt the need to respond as he did.

What would he have gained personally from making the call? I don't see how it can be twisted as something done for selfish or political reasons.
How many wars did Trump start again?

None, that I know of.

Why would he start with the one nation that would give us the most trouble, for no reason at all? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
if Trump told them that he'd give them a heads up if an attack was coming...which is what Milley did. Finish the story.
Chicago, you might be right.

However, it is my understanding Milley told his counterpart in China there would not be an attack. Not that he would alert them if an attack was coming.

Chicago, you might be right.

However, it is my understanding Milley told his counterpart in China there would not be an attack. Not that he would alert them if an attack was coming.
Here’s the quote-

"If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

Reactions: hoot1
How many wars did Trump start again?

None, that I know of.

Why would he start with the one nation that would give us the most trouble, for no reason at all? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Hmm, because Trump thinks China released Covid on purpose, because Trump was having his personal trade war with China, or because he falsely thinks China helped Biden steal the election

Take your pick.

Reactions: Bill4411
Hmm, because Trump thinks China released Covid on purpose, because Trump was having his personal trade war with China, or because he falsely thinks China helped Biden steal the election

Take your pick.
One and two are ridiculous and three is impossible because the phone call was 3 days before the election.

1 and 2 are facts and Trump was already preparing his excuses of a stolen election before the election occurred.

Here’s the quote-

"If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

I am probably an outlier when it comes to communicating and diplomacy between adversaries.

For example, during the Cold War it was my contention spies on both sides kept both countries informed so there were no surprises. It is when you don't know what they other guy is up to that miscalculations can lead to unwanted conflicts which neither side wants.

With this in mind, the conversations between Milley and his counterpart actually puts me at ease. Especially given the fact our president was on his way out by virtue of being defeated.

Here's a good Trump story your could use.

Trump revealed intelligence secrets to Russians in Oval Office
"The intelligence, shared at a meeting last week with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, was supplied by a U.S. ally in the fight against the militant group, both officials with knowledge of the situation said.

After Trump’s disclosure of the information, which one of the officials described as spontaneous, officials immediately called the CIA and the National Security Agency, both of which have agreements with a number of allied intelligence services around the world, and informed them what had happened."

Reactions: IU_Hickory

full disclosure...i can't stand watching Hannity but happened to flip thru the channels when he had Mark "the great one" Levin on last night...and Levin eluded to the same thing (while trashing Woodward pretty badly). Said if this is false, Milley "is gonna own" the Washington Post's ass until the day he dies.

Yes, given all the smoke about Trump's mental state, there is reason to believe he is unhinged enough to do anything. Apparently China was worried about it. If another country is thinking of preemptively striking because of the behavior of our president, then I would prefer someone pull a Milley over the alternative.

Do you think Milley did it for personal gain? I'm not sure what other explanation there would be other than he believed what he was doing was for the good of the country. If he was doing it for political favor, then he would likely have leaked it himself.

If you want to scroll to the bottom, then you can see the results of that bogus claim.

What "smoke" was that? A bunch of people who hate his guts saying bad things about him?

MY partisan views? Your source is the USA Today. Ok, carry on.

btw I'm a Libertarian. I don't have partisan views on this, I hate both parties.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

China was worried....who gives a shit? Milley didn't answer to China. He answered to the president.
Resignation would have been his option. What he did was outside the law.

Reactions: 76-1
Before casting judgement on General Milley, shouldn't we determine how reliable is the reporting of Woodward and Costa?
What? Do you mean to tell me there are rightwingers on this board who forgot to scream "fake news"?

It looks like they don't consider news to be fake if it permits them to attack someone.

China was worried....who gives a shit? Milley didn't answer to China. He answered to the president.
Resignation would have been his option. What he did was outside the law.

Yea, he could go to the senate where republicans repeatedly showed that party was more important than law.

If he resigned then he wouldn't have been there had trump tried to start a war. Guess he is a hero for taking one for the team.

what's the difference between libertarian and anarchist?
The difference is perspective

1. If you believe in freedom, minimal fed governance and individual rights, then you and I are libertarians. btw this is what our founding fathers (ie, male birthing people for you woke-sters) believed it

2. If you're part of the collective groupthink hive, then you view me as an anarchist.

Strange is the reversal in perspective. In the 1950s-60s (McCarthy/black lists all the way to Kent State /Vietnam), true democratic liberals believed in #1 above. Never trusted 'the man'. All about being a 'free' individual. Peace love dope.

My how things have changed

For once your right. We shouldn't try to apply rational reasons to his motives. The initial question should have been, " Is he a patriot or a nincompoop?." Tyrant just doesn't fit the scenario. Nincompoop, on the other hand, would explain everything.

Yea, he could go to the senate where republicans repeatedly showed that party was more important than law.

If he resigned then he wouldn't have been there had trump tried to start a war. Guess he is a hero for taking one for the team.
he wouldn't have been there had trump tried to start a war.

Or if the aliens had landed and invaded.

See how easy it is when we play make believe?

btw the fact that the book comes from Woodward is interesting but confusing. If the author had been Bill OReilly, then yeah, the left could trash the source and call it lies...but Woodward? I thought he was part of the same team?

One interesting point that Levin made last night is that Woodward had this info for months...and sat on it, waiting to release the same week that his book is released. Just to drive up sales. So yes, I am a little skeptical of Bob Woodward's motives...other than being a news whore who's out to sell books for money. But if his claim ISN'T true, then he's in deep shit for a libel suit from Milley.

Reactions: Get a grip Nancy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT