ADVERTISEMENT

Funniest movie you recall seeing in the theatre?

Didn't see it in a theater but Beerfest is one of my all time favorites. Billions of great quotes from that one.

Saw Pineapple Express straight, and thought it was pretty funny. Saw it again at home with some 420 and it was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, L'dMAO all the way through it.

I saw Something About Mary at the theatre in Florida with a friend when we were 15 or 16 and I about chit my pants laughing. I remember the entire place was cru BF laughing when he "got the beans over the frank".

I am sure there are others, but I always think of how packed that movie was and how everyone was belly laughing.

Last time I cried laughing was South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut

Ridiculous beliefs deserve to be ridiculed......if the belief cannot withstand such scrutiny.....then it is false and needs to be discarded.

But then you aren't really scrutinizing are you. Just pointing and laughing ignorantly.
"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."

You can take comfort that your father isn't Christian enough to attain any meaningful position in the church. He doesn't know how to help you. So you won't have to laugh at him this Sunday. You might even relate with him. He's not so different from you.
"An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient."

But then you aren't really scrutinizing are you. Just pointing and laughing ignorantly.
"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."

You can take comfort that your father isn't Christian enough to attain any meaningful position in the church. He doesn't know how to help you. So you won't have to laugh at him this Sunday. You might even relate with him. He's not so different from you.
"An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient."

Sure......religion is alot like Purdue basketball.....I love to point and laugh at irrelevancy.

And second point.....dumb....even the pope doesn't have enough ammunition to convince me. I've bitten the apple.....reality is so much more interesting than fiction.

And second point.....dumb....even the pope doesn't have enough ammunition to convince me. I've bitten the apple.....reality is so much more interesting than fiction.
It wasn't about converting you or the pride that makes everything about you. It was about your dad.

Reactions: hoosierdug
With the danger of sounding a bit fanboy-ish, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and I could almost not breathe multiple times during Deadpool. Not a comedy I realize, but still hilarious as hell.

As far as actual comedies in the theatre, I would have to say the South Park Movie, Team America World Police, 40 Year Old Virgin, and Old School would have to be up there.

Last time I cried laughing was South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut
Saw this at the theater with my two BiLs after some pre-film extracurricular activities. Forgot about this one. That was the hardest I've ever laughed in any movie. The Saddam and Satan scenes were responsible for most of the laughs. Well, that and the aforementioned activities.

I saw Something About Mary at the theatre in Florida with a friend when we were 15 or 16 and I about chit my pants laughing. I remember the entire place was cru BF laughing when he "got the beans over the frank".

I am sure there are others, but I always think of how packed that movie was and how everyone was belly laughing.

I will never laugh harder in a theater than when my 12-13 year old self saw Happy Gilmore. I was smack in the middle of the Adam Sandler demographic at the height of his popularity - if that movie came out today, I probably wouldn't even consider seeing it.

It wasn't about converting you or the pride that makes everything about you. It was about your dad.

I've learned of and seen the actions taken by so-called true christians.....judging by the atrocities committed by such people throughout history, it wouldn't be a characteristic I'd want anyone I loved to aspire to.

My father is a decent, wholesome man....regardless of his religious beliefs.....and raised 3 honest, responsible, and productive members of society.....and for that I am truly thankful.

But thanks for being a true "christian" and judging him on how "christian" he is for failing to raise a "christian" son....that's very "christian" of you.....

.......6 of one, half dozen of another......

But thanks for being a true "christian" and judging him on how "christian" he is for failing to raise a "christian" son....that's very "christian" of you.....
Silly, misinformed and unfortunate verse of scripture he used there. I still haven't decided whether his tongue was wedged firmly in his cheek when posting that.

You're just pissed I beat you in the first round.....admit it. :)

No worries.....looks like Ziz will pull off a 6-8 vote win.
Ha. Not at all. You just need to respect others beliefs. There's nothing ridiculous about it. Frankly, you're just being immature. You ought to be better than that. Your father failed you on that (as Moops pointed out).

Ha. Not at all. You just need to respect others beliefs. There's nothing ridiculous about it. Frankly, you're just being immature. You ought to be better than that. Your father failed you on that (as Moops pointed out).

I respect their right to have those beliefs.....but not the beliefs themselves. You do it everyday.....we all disagree or agree on ideas/beliefs. And I've seen you get pretty emotional stating your case. Religion throughout time has been given an unwarranted free pass to ridicule.....I think it should be on the same level as any other belief. Everything is free game......let the beliefs that hold up to scrutiny and cross examination the best, survive....and the rest discarded in the waste basket of human mythology and mysticism.

Onward and upward....

This - the surprise of it made it extra funny. I was in high school and saw it with a bunch of buddies, so that's my number one. Something About Mary might have been one if I were a couple years older when I first saw it.

Yep. I had no idea the pure gold I was about to watch.

Not in the theater but had a similar experience with Wet Hot American Summer. A buddy and I got really baked and went to the video store. Something about the vhs cover of Wet Hot said "rent me". We were both just completely blind sided with that awesomeness.

I respect their right to have those beliefs.....but not the beliefs themselves. You do it everyday.....we all disagree or agree on ideas/beliefs. And I've seen you get pretty emotional stating your case. Religion throughout time has been given an unwarranted free pass to ridicule.....I think it should be on the same level as any other belief. Everything is free game......let the beliefs that hold up to scrutiny and cross examination the best, survive....and the rest discarded in the waste basket of human mythology and mysticism.

Onward and upward....
To put religion on the same level as fandom only proves your immaturity, bud.

Because I can....and I will....

Ridicule-MarkTwain-672x372.png

My Dad and I have a great loving relationship......he used to try to convert me back endlessly, constant phone calls, emails.....and I NEVER did that to him. I let him be.....it got to a point and we had a discussion....now we're good and he's never brought it back up.

Ridiculous beliefs deserve to be ridiculed......if the belief cannot withstand such scrutiny.....then it is false and needs to be discarded.

Anyway doug.....lets get back to funny movies! :)

Looks like it stuck to your hand when you tried to drop the mike.

Ace Ventura, Pet Detective
Raising Arizona

Don't do theaters much

Be careful

"Love thine enemy" in a "love thy neighbor" world can get ya kilt.

Old School, especially the scene with the tranquilizer dart in his neck.

Team America, the piledriver sex act between two puppets.

Scary Movie, the scene where his ejaculation propels her to the ceiling and she's pinned there by his powerful stream.

Borat was hysterical as well. I was blazed af tho

Ok....it's not a comedy but a funny story. The Passion of the Christ......Dad (who is a staunch Catholic) demanded all of us kids to go see it with him. Of course, I was brainwashed as a kid into believing but during college I discovered the truth about the fairy tale...but my Dad didn't know it yet. So, I basically went to keep the peace.....years later it came to a head on a family beach vacation on a semi crowded beach....but that's another story. Anyways....I looked around the audience during the bloody torture scene and people had their rosaries out, praying, balling their eyes out....some groups of people were huddled, hands clasped, head bowed in prayer. Well I started silent laughing trying to hold it in.....and my sister who pretty much was agnostic in her beliefs at the time kept shooting me dirty looks like "shut the fk up!!" It was more like a laughter from being so uncomfortable than enjoyment. I just couldn't help it. Dad never said anything....maybe he didn't notice.

Now.....funniest comedy in a theater? For me, probably either 40 year old virgin or Team America: World Police. My cousin and I went to see Team America in Btown I think.....and when the song about freedom costing a buck o' five came on we lost it......and the puppet sex scene......comedy gold.
He Is Risen. He Is Risen Indeed!!!!!

I've learned of and seen the actions taken by so-called true christians.....judging by the atrocities committed by such people throughout history, it wouldn't be a characteristic I'd want anyone I loved to aspire to.

My father is a decent, wholesome man....regardless of his religious beliefs.....and raised 3 honest, responsible, and productive members of society.....and for that I am truly thankful.

.......6 of one, half dozen of another......

OF COURSE!
"Man's atrocities prove there is no God!"
That's even better than "Blame God for man's atrocities"!

That's sooooo deep, man.
Why didn't somebody think of this before?
You should spread the word.
Rent a hall.
Give some speeches.
This could get BIG.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT