ADVERTISEMENT

From a Spartan fan

Izzo did no such thing and neither did Dantonio. Wha you're alleging isn't factual in any way. Neither Payne nor Appling were charged with any crime in spite of the fact that Lansing police and the local prosecutor were involved. In fact, the prosecutor, who was a Michigan graduate, didn't press charges because he believed the young lady wasn't truthful. If you know anyone in the legal profession, they can better help you understand how that process works. And this was all well known several years ago. The people making an issue of this now are showing their real aims, which have nothing to do with supporting the victims.
I am an attorney and do criminal defense work: I don't need you to tell me where the bear took a dump in the bushes. Why don't you reread the ESPN article? You sound a lot like the Joe Paterno apologists.

Any attorney would rely on facts rather than making unfounded allegations absent proof and even the most basic research. If you really are a lawyer, you're hopelessly incompetent. More likely you're just another fan from one of the lowest rated universities in the Big Ten. Stop pretending to care about anything other than your stupid agenda that only serves to make you look like a bozo. Attorney? NFW! A simple search of Lansing area media would disprove everything you've said. Try a little harder if you're going to pretend to be a lawyer.
That's cute. Bless your little enabling heart.

Reactions: 76-1
I am an attorney and do criminal defense work: I don't need you to tell me where the bear took a dump in the bushes. Why don't you reread the ESPN article? You sound a lot like the Joe Paterno apologists.
There is no way you are a criminal defense attorney. Just no way.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Says the poster who claims to be a lawyer but doesn't understand the law. There's no chance you're an attorney.
What makes you qualified to make that argument? If you are using evidence from a free internet message board to make that argument, you would be ignorant.

Run along and tell a doctor how they should practice medicine or something.

I've done the basic research that you haven't. Any law student would search for and embrace the facts rather than draw simple conclusions based on no evidence, as you've done. There's no way you're a defense attorney with your unwillingness and inability to understand facts. I'm using evidence easily found in the public domain. Any attorney would be able to locate it with minimal effort.

No possible way.
lol. You don't think defending criminals ever involves hiding facts, keeping out evidence, or arguing procedure? 95% of the time, the facts aren't in your favor. I understand the interaction between law and fact: thanks, professor.

Reactions: ulrey
I've done the basic research that you haven't. Any law student would search for and embrace the facts rather than draw simple conclusions based on no evidence, as you've done. There's no way you're a defense attorney with your unwillingness and inability to understand facts. I'm using evidence easily found in the public domain. Any attorney would be able to locate it with minimal effort.

No possible way.
lol. You don't think defending criminals ever involves hiding facts, keeping out evidence, or arguing procedure? 95% of the time, the facts aren't in your favor. I understand the interaction between law and fact: thanks, professor.
Bingo. OJ is innocent too..

OJ was at least tried. Payne and Appling weren't even charged because the prosecutor believed the complainant was lying. If you cared, you'd do some basic research and learn the truth. Are you a lawyer, too? Lol
Here's some facts: "Appling, she told police, removed her underwear, and then the two men pulled her to the ground and started penetrating her vaginally, anally and orally. She told police that she said to the men, "I don't want it," "stop" and "don't."

"Schaner was interviewed by an assistant prosecutor, Debra Rousseau Martinez. Schaner says Martinez told her she did not seem strong enough to stand up to questioning that would come as a result of making allegations against MSU basketball players."

You ever tried a rape case, either as a prosecutor or a defense attorney? You don't have a case without a witness: cases are dismissed or never charged because of this all the time.

If you aren't an attorney, time to shut your mouth.

Here's some facts: "Appling, she told police, removed her underwear, and then the two men pulled her to the ground and started penetrating her vaginally, anally and orally. She told police that she said to the men, "I don't want it," "stop" and "don't."

"Schaner was interviewed by an assistant prosecutor, Debra Rousseau Martinez. Schaner says Martinez told her she did not seem strong enough to stand up to questioning that would come as a result of making allegations against MSU basketball players."

You ever tried a rape case, either as a prosecutor or a defense attorney? You don't have a case without a witness: cases are dismissed or never charged because of this all the time.

If you aren't an attorney, time to shut your mouth.
So no rape case could be made against the MSU players? I think you just painted yourself into a corner.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
So no rape case could be made against the MSU players? I think you just painted yourself into a corner.
Not without the key witness. Doesn't mean the players are innocent. Check out hearsay: that's a fun one.

For every Kyle Stephens and Rachael Denhollander, there are 20 victims that don't want to go through a prosecution and testify.

The prosecutors didn't find her credible, which is why they chose to not proceed with charges. They didn't believe her version of what occurred, and they knew a good defense attorney would shred their case.

Since you aren't an attorney, you really need to be quiet. Pretend to be something more convincing. Watching Law and Order has only helped you so much.
"Schaner says campus police investigators told her that, because of Payne's police interview, they had a solid case to pursue."

Not without the key witness. Doesn't mean the players are innocent. Check out hearsay: that's a fun one.
Which brings us back to the point of this post. Even though there is insufficient evidence of a sexual assault in the MSU basketball program, you would still like to make a public display at Assembly Hall against the MSU program in an attempt to shame them?

Last edited:
When the prosecutors don't believe you, you're dead in the water, and that was the case with that situation. Any real attorney would understand that implicitly.
So, attorneys always know when somebody is telling the truth? I have people lie to my face all the time.

Again, any lawyer would realize that prosecutors are the ones who decide those matters, not police. More evidence that you're playing pretend.
Police investigate, prosecutors adjudicate: they are two peas in a pod. Sure, prosecutors have discretion. But, I don't think you give police officers enough credit: they normally know how to build a case. Police officers are normally major witnesses for the prosecution, and their testimony carries great weight.

After reading the article I formulated an opinion that there definitely appears to be a pattern of MSU 'fixing' incidents. But I will also say that my opinion of the football program was far worse. I'm not trying to be a judge here, but that was my opinion. So yea, I think Dantonio and Izzo both need to stand up and respond to the allegations in order to put this to rest...or the beat goes on at MSU.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
And have the coach fired for a cover up that never occurred of an alleged crime that was never prosecuted.

Ready. Fire. Aim. Hardly the way lawyers think or work.
Believe whatever you want, support whoever you want. Whatever allows you to sleep at night. Multiple crimes have been committed and cover-ups have been in play dating back to the Mateen years. They just need to do the right thing to truly start the healing process.

Reactions: 76-1
There has never been any doubt that IU doesn’t have class. I am an IU grad; two degrees ; and living in MSU territory. The coaches at MSU, except for gymnastics, are all about class. IU gesture of support matches that class. Thanks for making me a proud IU alumnus.

Reactions: Bookingdotiiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT