ADVERTISEMENT

For ALL IU FANS- can we all agree?

Smart to put out there from the program. I just heard some local sports talk wags saying yesterday how disappointing it was that a Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney (it's the South, so they are always going to talk football first) hadn't put out anything to address this, when 80%+ of their rosters are African American. This was yesterday, so for all I know, they are all doing it now, but this seems to be well-done in my view.

Smart to put out there from the program. I just heard some local sports talk wags saying yesterday how disappointing it was that a Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney (it's the South, so they are always going to talk football first) hadn't put out anything to address this, when 80%+ of their rosters are African American. This was yesterday, so for all I know, they are all doing it now, but this seems to be well-done in my view.

Dabo had already commented. I heard him 2 days ago.

Shocking that that the internet and talk radio were inaccurate.

What’s a fella gonna believe these days?

I remember when the National Enquirer was a joke, and Weekly World News stories about Bat Boy were discounted. Hell, they could be CBS these days.

I remember when the National Enquirer was a joke, and Weekly World News stories about Bat Boy were discounted. Hell, they could be CBS these days.
dumb

What I could find on Dabo was a phone interview or press conference. I think the radio guys I heard were talking about a formal announcement just like this from the school and program.

I feel somewhat sorry for the Coaches. Obviously in Basketball and Football, the vast majority of Coaches are white with teams of predominately Black Players. You are almost in a no win situation.

No matter what you say, half the people won't think it goes far enough, and the other half will think you went too far. If you read a "Sanitized" Statement written by the PR department you come across as a fraud. If you issue any statement you run the risk of causing a divide on your team along racial lines.

The other thing they are dealing with is the Players and Social Media. What do you tell the Players. I guess my advice would be as an Individual you have every right to express yourself, however, you are viewed as a representative of the University and you receive certain advantages and benefits not available to other Students. Once you post it and put it out on Social Media nobody can control the response, not me, not the University. You need to be prepared to deal with the response, Favorable or Not.

While you may feel the urge to join the Protesters, please realize that once you are out among them, you can't control the outcome. If things go bad and you are arrested, there isn't anything we can do to help you or protect you.

batboy2007bye.jpg

I feel somewhat sorry for the Coaches. Obviously in Basketball and Football, the vast majority of Coaches are white with teams of predominately Black Players. You are almost in a no win situation.

No matter what you say, half the people won't think it goes far enough, and the other half will think you went too far. If you read a "Sanitized" Statement written by the PR department you come across as a fraud. If you issue any statement you run the risk of causing a divide on your team along racial lines.

The other thing they are dealing with is the Players and Social Media. What do you tell the Players. I guess my advice would be as an Individual you have every right to express yourself, however, you are viewed as a representative of the University and you receive certain advantages and benefits not available to other Students. Once you post it and put it out on Social Media nobody can control the response, not me, not the University. You need to be prepared to deal with the response, Favorable or Not.

While you may feel the urge to join the Protesters, please realize that once you are out among them, you can't control the outcome. If things go bad and you are arrested, there isn't anything we can do to help you or protect you.

I'm not sure you have a grip on reality, especially the type of experiences that too many young Black men have found themselves in with police...

LeVelle Moton is a former UNC basketball player, who is now the Head Coach at NC Central. This is what he and UNC AA Raymond Felton experienced one night just a month or so removed from the night that as UNC basketball players they won the NCAA Title...

"This George Floyd issue has triggered my anxiety disorder. In May 2005, I was driving through my old neighborhood in my truck (which had tented windows) and Raymond Felton was a passenger. In my rearview, i notice a cop following me. I'm on the phone with my mom & she says"Cont'd

"Stay Calm"...Soon after, the cop siren goes off and I pull over. He and his partner rush my my truck, and jerks my door open with guns pulled. He snatches me out the truck, and forces me to spread eagle on my truck. He's kicking my ankles forcing me to spread my legs while his

Partner is telling me don't say a "F#$%$ Word" and he's calling for backup. They haven't asked for drivers license, registration, or nothing. Ray is on the phone with my mom and they dont know he's in the truck (windows tented)... They shove me to the pavement and force me to sit on the curb. They're yet to tell me why they pulled me. They ask "Can they search my truck" and I say "NO"! They say "Its because you got dope in the car huh"?....I'm screaming for him to get his hands off me and now Ray is telling me to stay calm because my mom is terrified. Mind you, its raining outside and I have on all white. Soon after, his backup arrives and literally pulls up on the curb 4ft away from me with his gun drawn. He asked for my license and I told him "I'm not reaching in this truck for you to shoot me"....His partner glances at me and says "These are not dope boys...This is LeVelle Moton & Raymond Felton....after they break their huddle, the initial officer walks up and says "Aye man, I apologized but you fit the description of a call we received" He said "Please accept my apology cuz I dont want u to think that I'm an A$$Hole"...He extended his hand but I refused to shake it. I sat on that curb for 30 minutes humiliated. Its the first time in my life I felt less than a man. I never said anything publicly bc Ray was entering the draft and I didn't wanna impact his draft value

My mom was crying, I was emotionally paralyzed but was thankful just to be alive. When I see brothers like George Floyd and countless others, I'm triggered. My stomach turns and my heart becomes heavy for their love ones. Its more than a hashtag...Its personal for many who can understand the feeling of being targeted. See that cop didnt see a coach. That cop didn't see Ray as a National Champion fro UNC, he saw what he perceived as "Two Dope Boys" and thats what was scary. So today I decide to do my part in making this world see this tragic events"

Reactions: brianiu
Wut?

I'm not sure you have a grip on reality, especially the type of experiences that too many young Black men have found themselves in with police...

LeVelle Moton is a former UNC basketball player, who is now the Head Coach at NC Central. This is what he and UNC AA Raymond Felton experienced one night just a month or so removed from the night that as UNC basketball players they won the NCAA Title...

"This George Floyd issue has triggered my anxiety disorder. In May 2005, I was driving through my old neighborhood in my truck (which had tented windows) and Raymond Felton was a passenger. In my rearview, i notice a cop following me. I'm on the phone with my mom & she says"Cont'd

"Stay Calm"...Soon after, the cop siren goes off and I pull over. He and his partner rush my my truck, and jerks my door open with guns pulled. He snatches me out the truck, and forces me to spread eagle on my truck. He's kicking my ankles forcing me to spread my legs while his

Partner is telling me don't say a "F#$%$ Word" and he's calling for backup. They haven't asked for drivers license, registration, or nothing. Ray is on the phone with my mom and they dont know he's in the truck (windows tented)... They shove me to the pavement and force me to sit on the curb. They're yet to tell me why they pulled me. They ask "Can they search my truck" and I say "NO"! They say "Its because you got dope in the car huh"?....I'm screaming for him to get his hands off me and now Ray is telling me to stay calm because my mom is terrified. Mind you, its raining outside and I have on all white. Soon after, his backup arrives and literally pulls up on the curb 4ft away from me with his gun drawn. He asked for my license and I told him "I'm not reaching in this truck for you to shoot me"....His partner glances at me and says "These are not dope boys...This is LeVelle Moton & Raymond Felton....after they break their huddle, the initial officer walks up and says "Aye man, I apologized but you fit the description of a call we received" He said "Please accept my apology cuz I dont want u to think that I'm an A$$Hole"...He extended his hand but I refused to shake it. I sat on that curb for 30 minutes humiliated. Its the first time in my life I felt less than a man. I never said anything publicly bc Ray was entering the draft and I didn't wanna impact his draft value

My mom was crying, I was emotionally paralyzed but was thankful just to be alive. When I see brothers like George Floyd and countless others, I'm triggered. My stomach turns and my heart becomes heavy for their love ones. Its more than a hashtag...Its personal for many who can understand the feeling of being targeted. See that cop didnt see a coach. That cop didn't see Ray as a National Champion fro UNC, he saw what he perceived as "Two Dope Boys" and thats what was scary. So today I decide to do my part in making this world see this tragic events"
Assuming the cop was telling the truth and they were looking for certain individuals, then when he apologizes, why wasn't Moton angry at the guys who had the drugs with whom the cops were looking for? If cops are looking for a drug dealer who happens to be black then doesn't it seem they are going to pull over a black man? If the drug dealer was white or hispanic then it would not make sense that they pulled over a black individual. What happened was unfortunate. But I tend to believe the cop's story from what was said about the incident. The cops rushed the car and opened the doors themselves. This corroborates the cop's story. Now don't get me wrong if guns are pulled then it is a scary thing and I can see why Moton was upset about it. But he should not blame the police for doing their jobs. On a personal note. When I joined the Air Force and was at the MEPS in INDY, they said that a computer flag was put out on me. They told me not to worry about it. It turns out that there was a man who fit my description who was wanted by the law in Illinois. Three years later while at Grissom AFB IN I get called in about this matter. It was quite intimidating because they are drilling me on who I am. Then I had to prove who I was going back 10 years. I had to get people who knew me to corroborate my identity. Do I blame the FBI? No, they are just doing their jobs. Thankfully I was not the guy from Illinois.....or was I?

Assuming the cop was telling the truth and they were looking for certain individuals, then when he apologizes, why wasn't Moton angry at the guys who had the drugs with whom the cops were looking for? If cops are looking for a drug dealer who happens to be black then doesn't it seem they are going to pull over a black man? If the drug dealer was white or hispanic then it would not make sense that they pulled over a black individual. What happened was unfortunate. But I tend to believe the cop's story from what was said about the incident. The cops rushed the car and opened the doors themselves. This corroborates the cop's story. Now don't get me wrong if guns are pulled then it is a scary thing and I can see why Moton was upset about it. But he should not blame the police for doing their jobs. On a personal note. When I joined the Air Force and was at the MEPS in INDY, they said that a computer flag was put out on me. They told me not to worry about it. It turns out that there was a man who fit my description who was wanted by the law in Illinois. Three years later while at Grissom AFB IN I get called in about this matter. It was quite intimidating because they are drilling me on who I am. Then I had to prove who I was going back 10 years. I had to get people who knew me to corroborate my identity. Do I blame the FBI? No, they are just doing their jobs. Thankfully I was not the guy from Illinois.....or was I?

Thank you for that POWERFUL personal story that is almost just like Morton's in every way except for:
Every. Single. Part. Of. It.

The purpose of your entire post was to minimize the impact of the story, even questioning Morton's reactions afterwards. Your reprimand of Morton, and who he blames, is ignorant of the situation, both in the moment, and historically.
So, in your story, were you rushed upon by authorities with guns drawn? Were you not told why? Were you forced to sit on a curb in the rain, while the cops didn't tell you what was up? Did you have any reason to fear for your life?
Of course the answer to all these questions is "No", and thus renders your story so irrelevant that it is insulting. The rise of witnesses who are able to video, as in the Floyd case, is a blessing to so many because of people like you.

Thank you for that POWERFUL personal story that is almost just like Morton's in every way except for:
Every. Single. Part. Of. It.

The purpose of your entire post was to minimize the impact of the story, even questioning Morton's reactions afterwards. Your reprimand of Morton, and who he blames, is ignorant of the situation, both in the moment, and historically.
So, in your story, were you rushed upon by authorities with guns drawn? Were you not told why? Were you forced to sit on a curb in the rain, while the cops didn't tell you what was up? Did you have any reason to fear for your life?
Of course the answer to all these questions is "No", and thus renders your story so irrelevant that it is insulting. The rise of witnesses who are able to video, as in the Floyd case, is a blessing to so many because of people like you.
I feared having to go to jail for some reason even for a little while. I think you are insulted because you want to be. Morton's story has holes in it and especially if he is still upset about it years later doesn't make sense. He should know now that the cops were just doing their job. I did not get that from him.

I feared having to go to jail for some reason even for a little while. I think you are insulted because you want to be. Morton's story has holes in it and especially if he is still upset about it years later doesn't make sense. He should know now that the cops were just doing their job. I did not get that from him.
Who cares what YOU got from the story. Your lame attempt at presenting a falsely equivalent situation from your entirely different background is pathetic, at best, but very expected.

I didn't say I was insulted. I said your take was insulting.

So, tell us...how long should he have been upset? Please speak for an AA man who is telling a very real and personal story. I guess empathy as a "pastor" is not one of your strong suits, at least as it pertains to people who look different than you. You do know that AA fathers often speak about having to have "the talk" with their sons, and it's not about the birds and the bees.

Who cares what YOU got from the story. Your lame attempt at presenting a falsely equivalent situation from your entirely different background is pathetic, at best, but very expected.

I didn't say I was insulted. I said your take was insulting.

So, tell us...how long should he have been upset? Please speak for an AA man who is telling a very real and personal story. I guess empathy as a "pastor" is not one of your strong suits, at least as it pertains to people who look different than you. You do know that AA fathers often speak about having to have "the talk" with their sons, and it's not about the birds and the bees.
Why bring race into it? Moton is human isn't he? Reasonable people can get upset at first. I get that. In fact if a gun is pulled on anybody it causes the blood pressure to go up. But don't you think if a person is reasonable they can see the other side after investigating it? By his own story he should have said, "The cops did their job and I completely understand that they were looking for a black drug dealer". If you can't see this then you have an axe to grind. For some reason you get something out of not seeing the truth. What is the payoff for you? Mine is an investigation of what the truth is. Do you seriously think that only black fathers and mothers tell their kids how to act around cops? For goodness sakes man, Get a grip! As a white man I told all four my children to not do anything real fast, be courteous,don't lie etc. This is not a black thing, it's a common sense thing.

Why bring race into it? Moton is human isn't he? Reasonable people can get upset at first. I get that. In fact if a gun is pulled on anybody it causes the blood pressure to go up. But don't you think if a person is reasonable they can see the other side after investigating it? By his own story he should have said, "The cops did their job and I completely understand that they were looking for a black drug dealer". If you can't see this then you have an axe to grind. For some reason you get something out of not seeing the truth. What is the payoff for you? Mine is an investigation of what the truth is. Do you seriously think that only black fathers and mothers tell their kids how to act around cops? For goodness sakes man, Get a grip! As a white man I told all four my children to not do anything real fast, be courteous,don't lie etc. This is not a black thing, it's a common sense thing.
Once again, you stick your head into the sand, retreat into your own little world, and prove you don’t give a crap about how anyone who looks different than you feels. This fits right in with all your “uninvited immigrants” posts. You see the world through your tiny little view.
Sad.

Once again, you stick your head into the sand, retreat into your own little world, and prove you don’t give a crap about how anyone who looks different than you feels. This fits right in with all your “uninvited immigrants” posts. You see the world through your tiny little view.
Sad.
That is pure crap. I posted a video on the black former police chief in St Louis over on the Water Cooler. It brought me to tears.

Did you ever read the story he told about being passed over for promotion because his superior was black and the guy that got the job was also..

He literally played the race card and claimed bigotry. That's not the funny part the funny part is he claims he was more "qualified" ....

I doubt anyone who has read his poorly constructed attempts at thought believes that

lmao ...

Last edited:
Did you ever read the story he told about being passed over for promotion because his superior was black and the guy that got the job was also..

He literally played the race card and claimed bigotry. That's not the funny part the funny part is he claims he was more "qualified" ....

I doubt anyone who has read his poorly constructed attempts at thought believes that

lmao ...
I had not read that story. What a pathetic little person he is.

I can't imagine a situation where he would be more qualified than anyone...for anything.

you are the problem. Don’t take this too harsh, or do, but we need people like you to die off for this country to be better. Fortunately, 99% of the younger generation would read what you just posted, and want you to die also. Just pure ignorance. Unreal how people’s brains can work like that.

Sorry, I should have clarified that this won't play for me here or on my phone. I'll go try to find it on another platform I guess.

l01CRC0.png

Do you seriously think that only black fathers and mothers tell their kids how to act around cops? For goodness sakes man, Get a grip! As a white man I told all four my children to not do anything real fast, be courteous,don't lie etc. This is not a black thing, it's a common sense thing.

VSM, I know you won't watch this, but you should...to the very end.

I wonder what all the people trumpeting about their rights during the lockdown think about this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT